• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The OFFICIAL December 2014 - Christmas Magic

I need some opinions here. We have a 4pm adr at Crystal Palace on 1 of our MVMCP nights. I snatched up the only CP res at the time. This is fine, except now we have to walk back to the front of the park to exchange our MVMCP tix for wristbands. Now I'm trying to decide, should I keep this res? Keep an eye out for a later res so that we have already passed through at 4, and are that deep in the park when the party when our dinner is over? Or look for an earlier res, eat walk to the front for the wristbands, that way, by the time we walk back, we will be deep into the park when the party starts?

Any opinions or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Since the party doesn't start until 7:00 you have plenty of time to be anywhere in the park that you want to be when the party starts, so that shouldn't be an issue.

In the past they have had a distribution point somewhere in the park so that you didn't have to walk all the way back to the front. That will likely be the case this year as well.

I need some opinions here. We have a 4pm adr at Crystal Palace on 1 of our MVMCP nights. I snatched up the only CP res at the time. This is fine, except now we have to walk back to the front of the park to exchange our MVMCP tix for wristbands. Now I'm trying to decide, should I keep this res? Keep an eye out for a later res so that we have already passed through at 4, and are that deep in the park when the party when our dinner is over? Or look for an earlier res, eat walk to the front for the wristbands, that way, by the time we walk back, we will be deep into the park when the party starts?

Any opinions or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I think you will be fine to keep your reservation as the latest you should finish dinner would be 5:30 and the party doesn't officially start until 7. I think to walk to the front of the park from CP won't be that bad.

Please tell me I am not the only one that is super upset about the HM being closed for 2 weeks.....it is seriously my favorite ride and I usually ride it 4 or 5 times each trip.......:furious:

Definitely disappointed too - its our friends' first trip there and really wanted to go on it - we are there from the 12th to the 20th and our last day wasn't planned for MK - can only hope it opens earlier than scheduled and is running when we are there on the 19th... fingers crossed :wizard:

Hi all!

We're heading down the week of Christmas - will be at the parks from 12/22-12/25. I've been a few times, but never during Christmas. I've never before gotten the Park Hoper - just always have done one park per day.

I'm curious what people think about using Park Hopper during the week of Christmas. Currently I was planning on Epcot on 22nd, DHS on 23rd and MK on 24th & 25th. This is mainly to take advantage of EMH's that week. However, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to do Park Hoppers - do early EMH's, then leave to go to another park that may be less busy, etc.

Have others done this type of strategy during high crowd level days?

Thanks!! (Sorry if this should be under touring strategy board or whatever...)

Kim

Hi all!

We're heading down the week of Christmas - will be at the parks from 12/22-12/25. I've been a few times, but never during Christmas. I've never before gotten the Park Hoper - just always have done one park per day.

I'm curious what people think about using Park Hopper during the week of Christmas. Currently I was planning on Epcot on 22nd, DHS on 23rd and MK on 24th & 25th. This is mainly to take advantage of EMH's that week. However, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to do Park Hoppers - do early EMH's, then leave to go to another park that may be less busy, etc.

Have others done this type of strategy during high crowd level days?

Thanks!! (Sorry if this should be under touring strategy board or whatever...)

Kim

Hi Kim! It is really quite over here if you have FB, you may want to post this there? It's a great question and you would get a good response, I'm sure. Look for Magical Disney Christmas 2014. Linda

Hi Kim! It is really quite over here if you have FB, you may want to post this there? It's a great question and you would get a good response, I'm sure. Look for Magical Disney Christmas 2014. Linda

LOL I noticed that too.

Hey guys!

I'm 36 days away from my October trip, but I'm also planning a late December/New Years trip now!! :)

I'll request to join the Facebook group.... See y'all soon :)

Mary

Hey all,
I booked a Wishes fireworks cruise for New Years Eve but I'm going to end up canceling the reservation because it's a little out of my budget. The boat holds eight people and is $850+tip with payment due at the time of sailing (they take a credit card to hold in case of a no-show but don't charge it until you arrive at the dock).

If anyone would be interested in trying to coordinate times for my cancellation, let me know. Feel free to send me a PM since I won't be following this thread.

--Jordan

Hey all,
I booked a Wishes fireworks cruise for New Years Eve but I'm going to end up canceling the reservation because it's a little out of my budget. The boat holds eight people and is $850+tip with payment due at the time of sailing (they take a credit card to hold in case of a no-show but don't charge it until you arrive at the dock).

If anyone would be interested in trying to coordinate times for my cancellation, let me know. Feel free to send me a PM since I won't be following this thread.

--Jordan

Hey Levenhopper!

I guess you liked your 2012 trip enough to go back again (I was on the roll call with you and followed your PTR).

Hello all!! I will be joining y'all in December. I did Christmas week in 2012 and what a blast it was. Such an awesome time at Disney. I took advantage of free dining and we are celebrating my DD's 21 st bday by Drinking Around The World!!! We will be there December 14th -17th. We are staying at CBR and upgraded to Deluxe Dining. I am counting those days already:)
Is there a Facebook group?

Hello all!! I will be joining y'all in December. I did Christmas week in 2012 and what a blast it was. Such an awesome time at Disney. I took advantage of free dining and we are celebrating my DD's 21 st bday by Drinking Around The World!!! We will be there December 14th -17th. We are staying at CBR and upgraded to Deluxe Dining. I am counting those days already:)
Is there a Facebook group?

Yep, Magical Disney Christmas 2014, catch you there! :cheer2:

Is there a resort cancellation thread like there is for dining? I have 3 of our 4 nights booked and can't find something that works for the one remaining night. We are DVC staying on points, so I do have a wait list request in there....but I am getting anxious. Thanks!

Hi all! We're heading down the week of Christmas - will be at the parks from 12/22-12/25. I've been a few times, but never during Christmas. I've never before gotten the Park Hoper - just always have done one park per day. I'm curious what people think about using Park Hopper during the week of Christmas. Currently I was planning on Epcot on 22nd, DHS on 23rd and MK on 24th & 25th. This is mainly to take advantage of EMH's that week. However, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to do Park Hoppers - do early EMH's, then leave to go to another park that may be less busy, etc. Have others done this type of strategy during high crowd level days? Thanks!! (Sorry if this should be under touring strategy board or whatever...) Kim

I would definitely take advantage of park hoppers. I was there last year on 12/24 and 12/25. I would change your MK days to an earlier date if you plan on going on the 24th and 25th. If you can't, it's crazy busy, but still do-able. We used park hoppers and it was good. Once we felt like the park got too crowded, we switched to a different park.

If I remember correctly, we did MK in the morning on 12/24. In the afternoon we moved to Epcot and then in the evening, we went over to HS. We mostly did M&Gs and shows. SB wait times were crazy busy. We only did 1 ride that day which was Malestrom and that was before FP+ was in effect.

On 12/25 we went to AK in the morning which was great. It wasn't as crazy busy as the other parks. Then went to Epcot in the afternoon and then finish the night at MK, which honestly was our worst mistake. It was so busy after the electrical parade that we were stuck on a bridge for 30 minutes as we were heading out of the parks. Worst way to end the night.

Finally hit the 100 day mark!!!:cool1: . It'll be our 2nd trip back to the World for my 23rd birthday :cheer2:! We'll be there from 12/10-12/16, our first night at AKL CL and then the rest of our stay at CR CL! I can't wait since it'll also be our first onsite stay :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter