~*~*~*~*The Official DECEMBER 2015 Thread*~*~*~*~

So excited, tonight is my night to make Christmas Day at MK FPs! Will be interesting to see what we can get haha. I'm excited for the madness filled adventure that will be MK that day! I'd love for park hours to get updated so I can clean up my ADRs though :\

Just found this thread, and with our trip just a little over a month away, I believe I'll be following along until the wheels leave the ground.

We are booked for Dec 5 - 13th at the Contemporary.

First time for my kiddos, so I am brimming with excitement for them.

Just found this thread, and with our trip just a little over a month away, I believe I'll be following along until the wheels leave the ground.

We are booked for Dec 5 - 13th at the Contemporary.

First time for my kiddos, so I am brimming with excitement for them.

My wife and I will be done the exact same time as you and your family but we are staying at the Grand Floridian. I bet your kids are soooooooo excited!!!!

My wife and I will be done the exact same time as you and your family but we are staying at the Grand Floridian. I bet your kids are soooooooo excited!!!!

We were originally scheduled for the Wilderness Lodge, but when the construction came up they called me and offered me a transfer to any other hotel on property. I almost picked the GF, but decided my kids (they are 3 and 5) would appreciate the monorail more than the GF. I'd like to go back with just my Wife at some point and stay at the GF.

My little girl (5) has been watching youtube videos of all the rides for months now. Even though she has never been on any type of ride before, she is convinced that she wants to ride everything. I'll be curious to see if her bravery still stands when she is actually in front of something like The Tower of Terror, lol.

I think I am just as excited as they are just to take them. I've been tweaking plans for 12 months now. Hard to believe it is finally getting close to paying off =) 39 days to go!

I hope your trip is absolutely perfect.

12/21–28 at the Polynesian! First Christmas week trip. I think I have all my ducks in a row, but only time will tell...

We were originally scheduled for the Wilderness Lodge, but when the construction came up they called me and offered me a transfer to any other hotel on property. I almost picked the GF, but decided my kids (they are 3 and 5) would appreciate the monorail more than the GF. I'd like to go back with just my Wife at some point and stay at the GF.

My little girl (5) has been watching youtube videos of all the rides for months now. Even though she has never been on any type of ride before, she is convinced that she wants to ride everything. I'll be curious to see if her bravery still stands when she is actually in front of something like The Tower of Terror, lol.

I think I am just as excited as they are just to take them. I've been tweaking plans for 12 months now. Hard to believe it is finally getting close to paying off =) 39 days to go!

I hope your trip is absolutely perfect.

I am glad to hear they were willing to switch you from WL to CR. We are going down for my wife's birthday so she picked the GF as where she wanted to stay and she also got to pick all the restaurants (BOG, Raglan Roads, Artist Point, Le Cellier, Monsieur Paul, R&C, Boma and V&A). We live outside of Charlotte, NC so (since we will be so excited) we are taking the first flight down and coming back on the last flight out.

I hope you got your FP+ and that your kids (and you and your wife) have a wonderful trip and safe travels.

I have a question but I realize this may not be the right thread to post it on but I also know there are a lot of people watching this thread and I might be able to get a response.

I once read that if a housekeeping CM makes a small towel figure (not the big Mickey head or swan found on the bed), that it is a gift to you and yours to keep. Is this true?

Thank you in advance.

I have read that many folks do indeed keep the towels. Apparently this is because the towels they use to make the figures are older ones they intend to throw out.

However I also understand from reading other threads that sometimes it is just a towel rolled into the shape of a mickey head, rather than an actual little animal (with safety pins and such to hold it together). And there also seems to be a lot of reports that they don't do it as frequently these days. Some claim they have stopped doing it all together.

I almost made a HUGE mistake!! My 20yo daughter and I are AP holders and our APs expire on 12/26. We are taking a mother daughter trip from 12/18-23 for my daughter's birthday. So I thought I would just renew our APs to the platinum pass then. at the begging of my 88yo mother, she convinced me last week to book ANOTHER trip from 12/28-31 so she could see the Osborne Lights one last time and Amy Grant doing the candlelight processional. I would have just added her to our previous trip, but she is in a wheelchair and can't do everything that my daughter wants to do on her birthday trip. So I caved and booked another trip for all three of us. Tonight is our fast pass window and I decided to try to play around with it some today. Since we are AP holders, and have another trip just a few days prior, I should have been able to see what's available for me and my daughter (my mom's ticket is attached to the room reservation and won't be open for FP until tonight). I'm SO, SO glad I did this!! Since I hadn't renewed our APs yet, we couldn't book FPs. I had totally forgotten that I needed to renew sooner so I could get our FPs booked. So my bank account took a big hit today for 2 new AP platinum passes. Whew!! Now if my mom's name pops up tonight when our FP window opens up we will be good to go!!

Hello all! I didn't think we were taking a trip this year, but things have changed and we are taking our first December trip. We will be visiting December 11-15. This is a shorter trip than our previous ones, but we are really excited! We are staying at Pop this go around, which is a first for us too!

I know, just realized I'm about 7 weeks out, time to start the diet!!!! Real question is when oh when will extended park hours be posted.....
Cant believe we are almost in November

20th wedding anniversary/my 48th bday/Christmas trip. Dec 20-26 AKL. 4th visit 1st deluxe! Myself, wife Dana our sons 17 & 19 and daughter 14. 2nd visit for brother in law Elvis and 1st visit for Nonna Rita 71. Christmas Day BOG lunch CRT supper ADR's and Pirates and Pals cruise. Plus our favorites Ohana, HDDR and Tusker House.
Tutto Italia, Via Napoli, Crystal Palace breakfast, Mama Melrose and Rose and Crown will all be first time experiences.
53 days!!

20th wedding anniversary/my 48th bday/Christmas trip. Dec 20-26 AKL. 4th visit 1st deluxe! Myself, wife Dana our sons 17 & 19 and daughter 14. 2nd visit for brother in law Elvis and 1st visit for Nonna Rita 71. Christmas Day BOG lunch CRT supper ADR's and Pirates and Pals cruise. Plus our favorites Ohana, HDDR and Tusker House.
Tutto Italia, Via Napoli, Crystal Palace breakfast, Mama Melrose and Rose and Crown will all be first time experiences.
53 days!!
This is like a Unicorn of a trip! AWESOME! congrats and happy birthaversarymas! :)

My trip is Dec 20-26 so after MVMCP. Are the last two weeks of December just sort of an extended MVMCP? Same parades, fireworks, character greets? If I read MVMCP details can I assume similar events from Dec 20 through New Year's?

My trip is Dec 20-26 so after MVMCP. Are the last two weeks of December just sort of an extended MVMCP? Same parades, fireworks, character greets? If I read MVMCP details can I assume similar events from Dec 20 through New Year's?
The parade and fireworks will be the same. I do not believe the special characters are out though.

I know, just realized I'm about 7 weeks out, time to start the diet!!!! Real question is when oh when will extended park hours be posted.....
Cant believe we are almost in November
When June hours are released mid-November, the entire calendar will be reviewed and any updates will be made then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter