*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

A bunch of PPO ADRs opened up this morning at Garden Grill. I'm guessing as they released the CP reservations they also released the remaining reservations not tied to CP. I was able to snag the exact time I wanted. Hope you all have similar good luck! Still no sign of DAH or EMM for December.

A bunch of PPO ADRs opened up this morning at Garden Grill. I'm guessing as they released the CP reservations they also released the remaining reservations not tied to CP. I was able to snag the exact time I wanted. Hope you all have similar good luck! Still no sign of DAH or EMM for December.

We got one as well! I was so excited.

Please add me to the list! Dec 13-22 Offsite. Cannot wait to see Disney at Christmas time again!

Going to be staying 12/1 to 12/11 at OKW on rented points. When i heard CP dining rezzies were opening up a day early for DVC, i was wishing I was one. However, after almost panicking because the system didn't seem to be working right while searching through the CP dining package page, I got it to work through a general search for the day. I was able to snag Coral Reef (not my first choice...chefs de france) on 12/2 for NPH. Then, because why not, i changed Garden Grill breakfast rezzies on 12/9 to the CP dining package. I was able to get every single reservation wanted for this trip and finally don't have to set my alarm for 5:55am EST anymore.

Please add me!!! We will be there December 21, 2019 - January 4, 2020, staying at the WL. Excited to be back at WDW in December! (We've done Christmas Eve a few times, but first time NYE!)

Booked all the ADR's last week and it went well. I toyed with a desert party fireworks at MK, but the price - -I just can't see it. We did Star Wars dessert party at HS 2 years ago and it was just meh.

I don't really understand all of the hoopla surrounding the candlelight procession? I don't see how it is worth the money either. Usually, I pick one "special" event but this time I haven't yet. Happy to hear any suggestions?

We are after the 25th so not MMVMCP

Booked all the ADR's last week and it went well. I toyed with a desert party fireworks at MK, but the price - -I just can't see it. We did Star Wars dessert party at HS 2 years ago and it was just meh.

I don't really understand all of the hoopla surrounding the candlelight procession? I don't see how it is worth the money either. Usually, I pick one "special" event but this time I haven't yet. Happy to hear any suggestions?

I'll happily follow your question! We're not interested in the Processional either, and I'm having trouble finding something besides fireworks and parades to shoot for.

Have you gone over to see the Harry Potter areas of Universal? They're really very well done.

I understand the religious significance behind the CP and up until last year I never had the desire to see it... then NPH was the narrator, and he is one of the very few actors who's attitude I love. Ponied up for a Teppan Edo dinner, which turned out to be full on "meh" (although we did have a talented chef) and lined up for the CP, happy that I would not be jammed in. I wound up in a great spot next to a tree. The show did not disappoint. While NPH was fun, he stuck to the script well and the real stars were the choir and orchestra. The giant horns blew us away and gave chills. The "little kids" as my daughter called them, the high school students were fantastic, as were the Voices of Liberty and all the amazing cast members. Even if you're not into the religious aspect, it is still a fantastic show. I will see if I can see it again, but I don't think I'll waste time and money on a dining event. The food just isn't worth it.

We are booked Nov 30th - Dec 7th for our son's 16th birthday. I am not sure if want to be crazy and keep the plans for the opening of RIse of the Resistance or maybe put it off til Jan. I may be too old for such craziness, lol. Our HS days are scheduled for the 4th and 5th, with the 4th being his birthday.

:darth::chewy:
They just announced the 2nd Star Wars Ride Ride of the Resistance opens December 5th. Hubby is so excited. That was supposed to be our MVMCP day but not anymore....I am glad I haven't bought our party tickets yet.
I'm still hoping for a hard ticket event for Star Wars...I'm sure that will change our plans again.

Crowds crowds crowds. I was hoping for a quieter visit. I now empathize with all the folk complaining about their September trips.
On the bright side, Disneyland guests have been complaining (why this is a complaint I don't know) that the rest of the park feels empty compared to Galaxy's Edge. We'll be at WDW Dec 8th - 15th. With the new fast pass changes taking effect at HS with GE opening, I'm hoping everybody will flood Galaxy's Edge and spend 8 hours in line for Rise of the Resistance (like Pandora) and we can enjoy everything else with minimal waiting times.

On the bright side, Disneyland guests have been complaining (why this is a complaint I don't know) that the rest of the park feels empty compared to Galaxy's Edge. We'll be at WDW Dec 8th - 15th. With the new fast pass changes taking effect at HS with GE opening, I'm hoping everybody will flood Galaxy's Edge and spend 8 hours in line for Rise of the Resistance (like Pandora) and we can enjoy everything else with minimal waiting times.
I like your positivity, I’m a little nervous about how this will play out. Arriving 12/6 😟...

Crowds crowds crowds. I was hoping for a quieter visit. I now empathize with all the folk complaining about their September trips.

When I heard the announcement, I was SO excited! But reality has sunk in & I'm worried. Hopefully Disney will continute Extra Extra Magic Hours (scheduled to end on Nov 2) to help with crowds. I'm just WAITING to see how the initial opening will be handled. ugh!

I was just able to update my 820pm chef Mickey reservation to 7pm on December 1st. Thank you reservation finder.

So if anyone needs an 820pm a 12/1 Chef Mickey, one is open!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter