The Official DIS Emmy Awards LIVE WATCH PARTY Thread!!! - TONITE!

Wow! Sheryl Lee Ralph! She's been around a very long time. I haven't seen Abbott Elementary but I heard it's pretty good.

Here is part of an interview she did with the NY Times about getting nominated for her role in Abbott Elementary:

"Ralph told the New York Times: “I was like, ‘Oh, my God!’ I can believe it, but I can’t believe it. I’m so happy. I mean, I’m breathless I’m so happy.”​
She also told the New York Times that the series really resonates with viewers.​
“This show is the perfect show for this time, where we get to raise up the visibility and the plight of educators across this country — people who make sacrifices, people who during the worst times in the world put themselves on the front lines,” she said. “We get to tell their stories, the ups and the downs.”​
She shared that her first big role was in the movie “A Piece of the Action” with Sidney Poitier. She starred as the lead in the hit Broadway production “Dreamgirls,” along with many more films and productions in the years to come.​
She also said that she thought her character, Barbara, would be invisible on the series. She had no idea the character was going to be so popular.​
“I honestly thought Barbara was going to be invisible in the show,” she told the New York Times. “I had no idea that people would really see me. I thought I was invisible. So I leave those things open to God."​

I was just thinking about Mike White and his reality shows (both Survivor and Amazing Race) when he mentioned it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter