The Official DIS Golden Globes LIVE WATCH PARTY Thread!!! TONITE

I'm surprised they mentioned Jodie Foster as being a recipient of the Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award since they had cancelled giving out that award this year.

Unfortunately I missed most of tonight’s show. I did get home to see Lily Gladstone win. I am so happy for her. I’m hoping to make more of the Emmy’s, but i can’t wait for Oscars. Lots of good movies this year!

Unfortunately I missed most of tonight’s show. I did get home to see Lily Gladstone win. I am so happy for her. I’m hoping to make more of the Emmy’s, but i can’t wait for Oscars. Lots of good movies this year!

There's also the SAG Awards after the (re-scheduled) Emmys and before the Oscars. Lots of watch parties for us this season! 🥰

Following is the complete list of products and experiences offered as a part of the gift bag:
Travel and Experiences

1. Liss Ard Estate: Two-Night Stay in Ireland ($2,200, all 83 recipients)

This caught my eye as I recognise the name as I have family in that area. I decided to take a look at the website.

While it is an exclusive country club hotel, its not $1000 a night hotel. Currently on their website they are advertising a 5 night stay for 2 people for €2100 which includes
  • 5 night stay
  • 1 Personal Training sessions
  • 3 One hour spa treatments (per person)
  • 2 One hour private yoga sessions
  • 2 One hour lakeside sauna sessions
  • Private tour of James Turell’s Sky Garden
Im confused as to why the Golden Globe Sway Bag offer for 2 nights is being valued as the same price as their 5 night offer which anyone with that budget can book direct on the website??? https://www.lissardestate.ie/offers

This caught my eye as I recognise the name as I have family in that area. I decided to take a look at the website.

While it is an exclusive country club hotel, its not $1000 a night hotel. Currently on their website they are advertising a 5 night stay for 2 people for €2100 which includes
  • 5 night stay
Im confused as to why the Golden Globe Sway Bag offer for 2 nights is being valued as the same price as their 5 night offer which anyone with that budget can book direct on the website??? https://www.lissardestate.ie/offers
Probably because the rich and famous have the money to pay additional for all the services, so why not charge them extra. Like Disneyland Paris does on the US website ;)

And probably these people like the freedom to arrange everything at their own convenience.

• 5 night stay

I'm sure that when they get an elite, VIP celebrity staying there, they give them an ultra deluxe, luxury room. There are probably some that are reserved just for elite VIP guests, that "average" ordinary guests would never get to stay in.

According to the website, it even says:
"Each part of Liss Ard Estate is slightly different and your room or the facilities you use during your stay may vary slightly from those images. Your reservation is for a particular type of room and, whilst we will try to accommodate specific room requests, unfortunately we cannot guarantee that you will be able to stay in a specific room during your stay."​

So, guest reservations are probably shuffled around when they know they are getting a VIP in. Probably when a VIP, like Bradley Cooper and guest stay, they probably put him in the last room at the end of a more secluded wing, with a hotel security person standing in the hall at all hours, to make sure over eager fans don't try to come to his room to get selfies.

There have been times my company has me drop off a portfolio or package to a VIP at their hotel room. I am usually directed to take a different elevator than the usual ones the rest of the public uses. There, I have to be keyed in by security for the elevator to go up to that floor. When I get to that floor, there is a security person in the hall, making sure I am supposed to go to the room.

The hotel may even leave the room next to Bradley empty, so he won't be bothered by noise from next door. (There is even a paragraph about Noise on the website: "All guests are asked to respect our other guests and nearby neighbours when in their room, hallways, any other premises of the hotel or while on our grounds." So, they are already conscious about noise.)

As for the room, itself, housekeeping probably swaps out all the bedding for brand new, luxurious, hand hemmed Irish linen and the softest goose down pillows that only get brought out for these guests. Chairs in the room may be swapped out for better ones that are in pristine condition.

If room service usually closes at say, 9:30pm, they may hire an extra chef to work overnite during Bradley's stay, in case they want a meal at 2am.

All those extra luxury amenities and staff add up and the hotel makes sure to charge the guests. Or in this case of the swag bag, let the celeb know how much the ultra deluxe, luxury VIP accommodations cost. The website does say one can reserve rooms by online or call or email. I'm sure all the celebs who've been given the swag bags probably have been given a certain code to use when registering, and their assistants would probably always call to register, to make sure the hotel knows it is THE Bradley Cooper who is going to be staying.

Thanks everyone for your perspectives of the night even though I have trouble tuning in anymore due to life constraints. I still enjoying participating even if it’s just as a lurker !

Just had a look at the Astra Awards (by the Hollywood Film Critics), they were announced on the 6th.
Barbie had a lot of wins in that round: Best picture, actress, supporting actor, original screenplay, and original song for "I'm just Ken".

Oppenheimer only got Best Director.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_Astra_Film_Awards
I think Barbie will have more luck at he Oscars. Greta is an industry darling. Her peers will vote for her work over Nolan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter