• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

They are still not ready to go...

Southern Sweet Mashed Potatoes

2 cups diced sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons whole butter
4 tablesppons heavy cream
2 teaspoons brown sugar
pinch of salt
pinch of black pepper
3 tablesppons Jim Beam Bourbon

-Steam sweet potatoes until well cooked.
-While potatoes are cooking, place butter, sugar, cream and cook off bourbon on a small pot and heat up.
-When potatoes are done, place in oven for 5 minutes or so to get some of the moisture out of them.
-Place potatoes in a mixer with the whip attachment and whip away.
-Add cream mixture and then season with salt and pepper and taste. Reseason with more salt, pepper or Jim Beam as you see fit.

Yield: 4 servings

Note: These recipies are typed just as I recieved them from the Wave. :goodvibes

I've added the request to our index. However, it's probably best if you attempt to contact WDW yourself & give them the dates of your stay. There are tips on doing this in the index thread - see post #5.
<snip>
I have checked the index and can't find two recipes I would LOVE to have! We had a delicious dinner at The Wave this month and I would like to make the black bean soup with pork tenderloin at home, as well as the avocado citrus salad.<snip>
Do you mean the Black Bean Chili with Pork Tenderloin & Jalapeno Corn Muffin?

Hey guys!
I'm looking for the recipe for the smoothies they sell at Blizzard Beach. I think they sell them at the cooling hut and probably other spots as well. The pineapple-orange smoothie is awesome! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I didn't find smoothies on the Cooling Hut menu, but did on Frostbite Freddie's. I've listed them as such on the request list in the index.

I requested this two days ago and LeCellier E-mailed this to me today! :)

Coffee Crust Dry Rub – Kansas Steak
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Canada Pavilion, Epcot®

Yield: 1 cup

Coffee Crust Dry Rub – Kansas Steak
1 cup fresh coffee grounds**
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon granulated garlic

1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Coat steak on both sides with dry rub before grilling.
**She later clarified that the "fresh" coffee grounds were "unused" coffee grounds.
(Copied here from another thread.)
- - - -
Grilled Flank Steak with Fingerling and Brussel Hash
Swan & Dolphin Recipe Club

1 Ea. Flank Steak
1 Lb. Marble Potatoes
1 Lb. Brussel Sprouts
1/4 Lb. Bacon (diced)
1/2 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
1/4 Lb. Arugala
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Butter
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Chives (chopped, to taste)
Lemon Juice

METHOD

For potatoes:
Wash potatoes and put in sauce pan. Cover with cold water. Season water with salt. Bring water to a slow simmer. Simmer until potatoes are tender. Drain water immediately and cool potatoes. Depending on size of the potatoes, cut them into halves or quarters. Reserve for later use.

For Brussel Sprouts:
In a sauce pan, bring salted water to a boil. Clean and quarter brussel sprouts. Blanche sprouts in the water until tender. Approximately 3 minutes. Remove from boiling water and place in an ice bath. Reserve for later use.

For Cherry Tomatoes:
Preheat broiler to 500 degrees. Cut tomatoes in half. Dress with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on to sheet pan. Broil until tomatoes start to blister.

For Flank Steak:
Season steak liberally with salt and pepper. Grill or broil steak to desired doneness. Let rest for 6min.

Final Assembly:
In a sauté pan render bacon until crisp. Remove bacon leaving fat in pan. Add potatoes and brussel sprouts to pan. Saute until potatoes start to turn golden. Add bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Take off heat and add chives.

PRESENTATION

Place hash onto center of plate. Slice flank steak across the grain and shingle onto hash. Spoon cherry tomatoes around. Dress arugula with lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Garnish with arugula. Drizzle all with olive oil.

Index complete through this post.

MickeyWanaBe - thanks so much for taking the time to share those great sounding recipes. I'm doing a BBQ for 20 on July 4 and will be trying the Spinach dressing for sure and probably the pork.

Did you also get the Corn and Edamame Stew recipe? I'm a huge fan of Edamame and am lookig forward to seeing that one.

Below is an updated and somwhat changed version of the Jiko flatbread recipes. The recpes are from the summer issue of D23. My attempt last year with the other recipe ended up with a super wet dough which could would not form balls or be rolled out. I basically poured it into a pan and there was so much dough it ended ap a thick, heavy mess. Hope someone tried this recipe and lets us know if it's better.

Kalamata Olive Flatbread & Basic Flatbread (from D23)
Jiko, Animal Kingdom Lodge
Makes 6 (8- x 9-inch) flatbreads

Millet Dough
1 (1⁄2-ounce) envelope dry active yeast
3⁄4 cup plus 1 tablespoon lukewarm water
1⁄2 cups high-gluten or bread flour
1⁄2 cups millet flour
1⁄3 cup hulled millet
1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon sugar

In small bowl, combine yeast and water. Stir gently to combine. Set aside until frothy, approximately 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine high-gluten or bread flour, millet flour, millet, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Stir to combine.
Slowly incorporate yeast-water mixture into flour mixture, stirring until a dough forms. Refrigerate overnight.

Kalamata Olive and Cheese Topping
1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1⁄2 cups shredded four-cheese blend (fontina, Gruyère, provolone, Asiago), divided
1⁄2 cups kalamata olives, pitted and halved, divided
3 cups loosely packed spring greens

Remove dough and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour. Place a baking stone in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Divide dough into 6 equal balls. Roll each ball into an 8- x 9-inch oval. Prick with a fork 10 times. Brush each oval with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Top each with ¼ cup cheese and 1⁄4 cup olives.
Bake each flatbread on the preheated baking stone until crust is golden and cheese is melted and bubbly, 8 to 12 minutes. Top each flatbread with ½ cup spring greens. Cut flatbread into bite-size pieces. Serve warm.

Please, please, PLEASE tell me someone out there has this recipe!!! I loved it soo much on our first trip, that when we went back this past Jan, it wasn't on the menu! :sad1:

Would love to try and replicate it at home; especially during these hot, horrific months!!

Did you also get the Corn and Edamame Stew recipe? I'm a huge fan of Edamame and am lookig forward to seeing that one.

Yes, I did!

DSC00945.jpg

Sustainable Fresh Fish

6 oz of your favorite fish
1 oz olive oil
1 oz green beans
1.5 oz edamame kernals
1.5 oz fresh corn kernals
2 oz vine ripe tomatoes
1/2 cup vegatable stock (see below)
1 oz whole butter
pinch of sea salt
pinch of black pepper
1 oz cilantro chutney (see below)

Heat half of the olive oil in skillet. Season fish with salt and pepper and sear in hot oil, In a seperate pan, heat the remaining olive oil and add the veggies in stages. Add vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. When it reaches this point, pull off of the heat and wisk in the butter to produce a thick sauce. Season and place vegetable stew in center of plate. Top vegetable stew with seared fish and cilantro chutney.

Yield: 1 serving

Vegetable Stock

1 Tbs olive oil
1/4 cup buttom mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup carrots, dieced
1/4 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
1/4 tps garlic
1 bay leaf
pinch of pepper
6 cups water

Place all vegetables in a bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Roll vegetables in the bowl to evenly coat with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place vegetables on seet pan and roast at 350 degrees until golden brown, about 20-30 minutes. Place golden vegetables, garlic, bay leaf and water in heavy bottomed pot. Bring to a simmer. Let vegetables slowly cook for 30-40 minutes; it will reduce by 20-30%, then strain, keeping broth and discarding vegetables. Chill or freeze stock until ready for use.

Yield: 4-6 servings

Cilantro Chutney

1/2 cup cilantro
1/8 cup chopped garlic
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 tps salt
1/4 tps pepper

Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.

Yield: 4 servings

MickeyWanaBe - thanks so much for sharing all those recipes. I have so much cilantro I should make the sauce but in this heat I don't feel much like cooking. I made some Disney salads, ribs and the jerk marinade from the Disney Institute for July 4th and the dishes were a huge hit. I'm changing up the Coconut Carrot Raisin Salad with less vinegar and lemon juice, frozen OJ, less ginger etc. It's much closer to the Boma version now and got raves. The Tunisian Cous Cous salad (Boma) is outstanding and Disney's Secret Sauce is one the best BBQ sauces ever.

54802177.jpg

House of Blues' Sweet Mash
House of Blues, Downtown Disney
10 servings.

1 1/4 gallons water for boiling potatoes
2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2 tablespoons, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons heavy cream
1/8 cup milk

1. Peel and trim potatoes. Cut into chunks and place in pot of boiling water. While potatoes cook, combine cream and milk with butter and salt and white pepper. Let cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.

2. When potatoes are fork tender, drain in a colander and pour into a large mixing bowl. Mash potatoes. Add cream mixture and continue mashing until the desired consistency is reached.

French Toast With Fresh Berries and Mascarpone Cream
Tony’s Town Square, Magic Kingdom Park, WDW (archival)
Serves 8

6 whole eggs
4 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 pieces of thick-cut white bread or sourdough
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
Powdered sugar for garnish (optional)

1. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla
2. Evenly coat bread, absorbing all the mixture.
3. On a nonstick griddle, grill bread about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Keep warm in oven and cook while cooking the remaining bread in batches.
4. In a bowl, combine mascarpone, powdered sugar and cream until it is the consistency of melted ice cream. Adjust with a few extra tablespoons of heavy cream as needed.
5. Cut French toast pieces diagonally. Top with berries, then drizzle with the cream mixture and sprinkle with orange zest. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.

Hi all ,Love this thread ,love to cook and eat things that bring back any memory of the world,Does anyone have the recipes for the butterfinger muffin/cupcake from Starring rolls ,or the granola bars they serve in the AKL concierge lounge these are so fresh chewy and delish:goodvibes

butterfingercupcake.jpg
]

butterfingercupcake2.jpg

Chocolate Butterfinger Cup Cake
Starring Rolls, Disney Hollywood Studios, WDW

Devil's Food Cake
1 cup boiling-hot water
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs, warmed in very warm water for 10 minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup whole milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together boiling water and cocoa. Cover and set aside. With a mixer, cream together the butter, sugars, salt and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and continue creaming until light and fluffy.
Sift together the flour & baking soda and add this mixture, alternately with the milk. Add cocoa and water mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Scoop into large Muffin Cups and bake for 20 to 25 minutes - until done.
Let cool completely before decorating.
Cut out some cake from the middle of the muffin. Fill with chocolate fudge and top with cut out cake. Pipe buttercream (the white stuff) around cake . Freeze and dip in chocolate coating. Immediately drizzle with crushed Butterfingers.

Note: The chef didn't include recipes for the chocolate fudge/buttercream/chocolate coating. This blogger (from whom I used the pictures) reviews the treat and says: "The “stem” of the chocolate cupcake is about the size of a jumbo muffin, and it’s a moist chocolate cake surrounding a big blob of soft fudge filling. The top of the cupcake is a tower of fluffy white icing (kind of like you’d get on a grocery store birthday cake) covered in a hard chocolate candy shell and sprinkled with Butterfinger crumbs."
These recipes are not from WDW but could help if you want to try making the cupcake.

**Vanilla Buttercream - Professional Bakery recipe
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
6 to 8 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Place the butter in a large mixing bowl. Add 4 cups of the sugar and then the milk and vanilla. On the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Gradually add the remaining sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition (about 2 minutes), until the icing is thick enough to be of good spreading consistency. You may not need to add all of the sugar. If desired, add a few drops of food coloring and mix thoroughly. (Use and store the icing at room temperature because icing will set if chilled.) Icing can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Yield: enough for 2 dozen cupcakes
**From Allysa Torey, More From Magnolia: Recipes from the World-Famous Bakery: The vanilla buttercream we use at the bakery is technically not a buttercream but actually an old-fashioned confectioners' sugar and butter frosting. Be sure to beat the icing for the amount of time called for in the recipe to achieve the desired creamy texture.

*Chocolate Fudge Frosting:
4 ounces (120 grams) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
2/3 cup (150 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/3 cups (160 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan
of simmering water. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy (about 1 minute). Add the sugar and beat until it is light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in the vanilla extract. Add the chocolate and beat on low speed until incorporated. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until frosting is smooth and glossy (about 2 -3 minutes). Frosts 12 cupcakes.
*from the cookbook Chocolate Bar by Matt Lewis and Alison Nelson

Hard Shell Topping Recipe
This chocolate sauce hardens, forming a chocolate shell over a cold item (like ice cream). Freeze your cupcake as directed and dip cupcakes in this chocolate sauce to make the hard shell.

16 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 cup of oil

Melt chocolate and butter together in microwave at 15 second intervals until melted together. Then slowly stir in oil. Cool in refrigerator for about an hour then use. May be stored in refrigerator for about a week.

Note: The recipe as written calls for a 4x4 baking dish. I've never heard of a 4x4 baking dish. I gotta believe they mean an 8x8 dish:

DISNEY'S YACHT AND BEACH CLUB RESORT
COCONUT BARS WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup butter (melted)
1 egg white

METHOD:
Mix together by hand until mixture is evenly distributed. Pat mixture
down in a 8 X 8 baking dish. Brush one egg white over mixture. Put in
oven to dry.

3 3/4 cups condensed milk
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 cup nuts
1/4 cup coconut
8 oz semi sweet chocolate

METHOD:
Mix together. Pour into pan with graham cracker mixture. Bake at 350
degrees for approximately 20 minutes. Do not add semi sweet chocolate.

Cool pan and cut into squares. Dip 1/2 squares into semi sweet
chocolate.

Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
Kouzzina by Cat Cora, Boardwalk, WDW
(See page 195 for recipe)

Tried this recipe last night and they were awesome! I haven't been to Kouzzina yet to try the real thing so I can't compare them, but they were pretty darn tastey. My DH who won't eat brussel sprouts even tried them and said he would eat them again.

:thumbsup2 This recipe is a keeper! :thumbsup2 Thank you!

Anyone know if there is a recipe for the Strawberry Smoothies from the Cove Cafe on the Disney Magic? :cheer2:

Thanks! :hippie:

Spicy Potato & Pea Samosa
Yield: 10
Taste of Africa

Ingredients for Pastry
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp oil
3/4 cup water

Ingredients for Potato Stuffing
5 each potatoes
2 Tbsp Oil
1 each Green Chili (de-veined & seeds removed)
1 cup Green Peas
1 tsp Ground Ginger
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp curry paste (if you prefer heat add hot sauce)

Oil for deep frying.

Procedure for pastry
1. Mix flour and salt in a bowl.
2. Add oil and rub until mixture resembles small bread crumbs.
3. Add water and knead for 10 minutes.
4. Rub dough with oil, cover and sit aside for 30 minutes.

Procedure for potato and Pea Filling
1. Boil potatoes until tender, cool, peel, and dice.
2. Sauté peas in oil, add ground chili, potatoes and spices.
3. Mix and cook on low heat for 4 to 5 minutes.

Procedure for making samosa
1. Divide dough into 10 balls.
2. Roll into flat square shape about 5 inches in diameter.
3. Cut into half and fill each side with a 1 tablespoon of potato and pea mixture.
4. Brush a little water around the edge of the pastry, fold, seam, and seal.

Procedure for cooking samosa
1. Heat about 2 inches of oil for frying over medium to low heat to 350 degrees.
2. Carefully add samosas to oil. frying slowly, turning the samosa as they brown and are crisp.
3. Drain excess oil and serve with mango chutney.

Note: The recipe as written calls for a 4x4 baking dish. I've never heard of a 4x4 baking dish. I gotta believe they mean an 8x8 dish:

DISNEY'S YACHT AND BEACH CLUB RESORT
COCONUT BARS WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS

Looking at the amounts, I'd say at LEAST 8 by 8, if not more - although th bars could be thick. I LOVE coconut. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe & will try this when I'm back from DL, where I'm headed this week.

Mango Chutney which goes with the Spicy Potato and Pea Samosa recipe.
Yields 3 cups

2 1/2 pounds (5 each) mangos (small diced)
1 small green pepper (small diced)
1 small onion (small diced)
1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup white vinegar
1 large jalapeno pepper (chopped fine)
1/8 cup fresh ginger
2 cloves chopped garlic

Combine all ingredients into a large pot, and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer until all the liquid is cooked to about the thickness of honey. Do not overcook, as the mixture will thicken as it cools.

080210_TT_RR_TokyoDish_Feature04.jpg

Prawns with Mixed Vegetables in Citrus Dressing
From Chef Christophe Coutanson (Disneyland Paris) for Heart of Romance Event in Tokyo Disneyland
Serves 4 as a first course

1⁄4 pound sugar snap peas, tough stems removed
3⁄4 pound carrots (about 4 to 5 medium carrots)
1⁄2 pound zucchini
1⁄2 large sweet red pepper
1⁄2 large sweet yellow pepper
2 oranges
1 grapefruit
1 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
3 tablespoons sesame oil
12 prawns or jumbo shrimp
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Salt and pepper

Thinly slice sugar snap peas lengthwise. Slice carrots, zucchini, and peppers lengthwise using the julienne blade on a mandolin. Alternatively, very thinly slice all of the vegetables into long pieces the width of a matchstick. Fill a large bowl with ice and cold water; set aside. Bring a large stockpot of salted water to a boil. Carefully place sliced vegetables into boiling water; boil for 11⁄2 minutes. Remove, and immediately transfer to prepared ice-water bath. Drain vegetables thoroughly in a sieve. Pat with paper towels to dry. Place in a large bowl; set aside. Cut peel, including the white pith, from oranges and grapefruit. Working over a small saucepan, carefully cut segments free from membranes. Cut segments into 1⁄2-inch pieces and place in a small bowl; set aside. Squeeze remaining juice from membranes into the saucepan. Place saucepan over high heat. Boil until juice is reduced and mixture is syrupy, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; set aside to cool. When cool, whisk in lemon juice, sherry vinegar, and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt. Add sesame oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking to combine. Add dressing to vegetables in bowl, tossing to combine. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, and up to 4 hours. Sprinkle prawns with remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt. Heat peanut oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sear prawns 2 minutes per side, or until firm and pink.

TO SERVE:
Stir cilantro into vegetables. Evenly divide vegetables among 4 serving plates. Top with reserved citrus segments and 3 prawns each; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.

080210_TT_RR_TokyoDish_Feature03.jpg

Crispy Fillet of Sole and Young Vegetables in Black Bean Sauce
from Chef De Cuisine Leung Shu Wah (Crystal Lotus at Hong Kong Disneyland) for Heart of Romance Event in Tokyo DLServes 4

3⁄4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1⁄4 cup plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch, divided
21⁄2 teaspoons sugar
11⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce, plus additional for serving
11⁄2 pounds sole fillets (may substitute flounder)
Pinch coarse salt
Pinch ground white pepper
1⁄4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided, plus additional oil for frying
1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
1⁄4 cup diced onion
2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated mandarin or orange zest
1 tablespoon black bean paste

Combine chicken broth, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, sugar, and soy sauce in a small bowl, stirring. Set aside. Cut sole into thin strips, approximately 21⁄2 inches long by 3⁄4 inch wide. Season lightly with salt and white pepper; drizzle with sesame oil and toss to coat well. Place remaining 1⁄4 cup cornstarch in a zip-top plastic bag; add fish and gently shake to coat completely. Remove fish from bag, shaking off excess cornstarch. Pour vegetable oil into a deep-sided sauté pan to a depth of 1⁄4 inch. Heat oil over medium-high heat until simmering. Working in 2 batches, cook fish in hot oil, tossing frequently, about 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp and firm. (Note: fish will not turn golden or brown when cooked.) Transfer cooked fish to a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside. Pour oil out of sauté pan; discard oil. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to the pan; return to stove over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Transfer cooked vegetables to plate with fish. Lower heat to low; add 2 teaspoons oil, ginger, garlic, mandarin zest, and black bean paste to the sauté pan. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is combined and fragrant. Add reserved broth-cornstarch mixture. Increase heat to high; bring to a simmer, and cook until thickened. Add vegetables and fish; toss gently to combine. Taste, and add additional soy sauce, if desired. Serve immediately over your favorite noodles and with vegetables (shown with asparagus).

COOK'S NOTES: Black bean paste is a salty sauce made from mashed fermented beans, garlic, and other spices. It's available in Asian markets and specialty stores.

Pan-Roasted New York Steak with Shiitake Mushroom Ragout and Gorgonzola-Spinach Bruschetta
From Chef Gloria Tae for Heart of Romance Event in Tokyo DL
Serves 4

New York Steak:
11⁄2 to 2 pounds New York steak (1 or 2 steaks), each at least 11⁄2 inches thick
4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 sprigs fresh thyme
4 garlic cloves, slightly smashed
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

****ake Mushroom Ragout:
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 large shallots, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
3 cups shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, cut into thin strips
3⁄4 cup Marsala wine
3⁄4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
2 cups veal or beef stock
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 bay leaves
Coarse salt, to taste
3 teaspoons chopped thyme

Gorgonzola-Spinach Bruschetta:
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus additional for brushing
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
5 cups baby spinach, stems removed and discarded
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
2⁄3 cup heavy cream
1⁄3 cup Gorgonzola cheese
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Pinch nutmeg
4 (1⁄2-inch-thick) slices ciabatta bread

Preparation:
NEW YORK STEAK:
Let steaks stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, or until they are no longer cold. Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Coat the steaks lightly with 1 teaspoon olive oil each and season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is almost smoking, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil, swirling to coat the pan. Add steaks and sear, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer steaks to a baking sheet; place thyme sprigs and garlic atop each steak. Place 2 pieces of butter on each, and sprinkle lightly with Worcestershire sauce. Roast the meat until it is cooked to your preference, about 15 to 20 minutes for medium rare (steak should register 130 degrees on an instant-read thermometer for medium rare). Loosely cover steaks with foil and set aside to rest.

SHIITAKE MUSHROOM RAGOUT:
Place oil, shallots, and garlic in a large sauté pan. Cook over medium heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms. Sauté until golden, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat, and add Marsala. Return pan to stove; bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, scraping any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Simmer until the pan is nearly dry, about 2 minutes. Add chicken stock, veal or beef stock, soy sauce, pepper and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes or until reduced by half. Taste, and add salt, if desired. Remove and discard bay leaves; stir in thyme. Keep warm until ready to serve.

GORGONZOLA-SPINACH BRUSCHETTA:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, tossing until fragrant and lightly golden, about 1 minute. Add spinach, salt, and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until slightly wilted. If needed, drain any excess liquid from the pan. Add cream, Gorgonzola, Parmesan, and nutmeg. Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened. Keep warm until ready to serve. Brush ciabatta slices with olive oil. Toast until lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Set aside.

TO SERVE: Cut the steak into 1⁄2-inch-thick slices on a bias. Place a piece of toasted ciabatta in the center of each serving plate. Evenly spoon spinach mixture atop bread slices. Top bruschetta with sliced steak. Spoon shiitake mushroom ragout around plate. Garnish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, if desired.

080210_TT_RR_TokyoDish_Feature01.jpg

Braised Pineapple Panna Cotta with Strawberry Compote
Chef Yoly Lazo (WDW) for Heart of Romance Event in Tokyo DL
Serves 6.

Braised Pineapple Panna Cotta:
1 (8-ounce) can sliced pineapple in juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup pineapple juice
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
1 cup heavy cream
1⁄2 cup sugar

Strawberry Compote:
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons water
1⁄4 pound fresh strawberries, diced

FOR BRAISED PINEAPPLE PANNA COTTA: Drain juice from pineapple; cut pineapple into small pieces. Combine pineapple pieces and brown sugar in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté until sugar caramelizes and mixture is syrupy. Divide mixture among 6 (71⁄2-ounce) martini glasses. Place pineapple juice and lemon juice in a medium bowl; sprinkle gelatin over. Let stand 10 minutes or until gelatin is softened. Combine cream and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a low simmer (do not boil). Stir until sugar dissolves. Add gelatin mixture, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is smooth. Ladle mixture into prepared martini glasses. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.

FOR STRAWBERRY COMPOTE:
Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until sugar dissolves. Add strawberries, stirring to combine. Cook until berries are slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

TO SERVE: Spoon strawberry compote over each panna cotta. Serve immediately.

Lemon Tart
Rose and Crown, Epcot, WDW

Ingredients for short dough:
½ pound Unsalted butter (2 sticks)
¾ cup Sugar
¼ teaspoon Salt
1 Egg
3 1/3 cups Pastry flour, sifted

Ingredients for filling:
1 cup Lemon juice
5 Eggs
2 cups Granulated sugar
1 cup Butter
Ingredients for meringue topping:
6 Egg Whites
1 ¼ cup Granulated sugar

Method of preparation for short dough: Using the paddle attachment of a stand mixer at low speed, combine the butter, sugar and salt until they're fully mixed. Add the eggs and keep mixing until incorporated. Add flour. Mix until incorporated . Do not over mix, or mix at a high speed, this will cause the dough to be tough. Chill the dough for 3 to 4 hours before using.
For lemon filling: In a sauce pan, heat up lemon juice, sugar and butter to a boil. Remove from stove. Then add eggs and mix well.
For meringue topping: In a double boiler, heat the sugar and the egg whites until warm, whipping constantly with a wire whip. Transfer the meringue into a bowl using a power mixer and beat on high until very stiff.
Method of assembly: Roll out the dough to 1/8” thick, use a 10-inch ring that 1 ½ inch high, lay the dough on the bottom and sides of pan. Pour in the lemon filling. Bake at 300° F for about 15-20 minutes until the custard sets. Take and out oven and let cool. Put the meringue into a pastry bag and pipe it on the cool lemon tart.

Calamari
Narcoossee's, Grand Floridian Resort, WDW
Yield: 1 serving

4 ounces Tomato Coulis (recipe below)
4 ounces Pepperoncini Relish (recipe below)
5 ounces Calamari
2 ounces Calamari Flour (recipe below)
2 ounces Buttermilk
1 ounce Tuscan Extra Virgin Olive Oil
To Taste Salt & Pepper
Fry Oil

Method of Preparation:
Dip calamari in buttermilk and then in flour. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
Place 4 oz. tomato coulis on plate.
Place fried calamari on top of coulis in center of plate.
Place pepperoncini relish on top of calamari.
Drizzle coulis with olive oil.

Tomato Coulis (recipe should be reduced for home use)
Yield: 18 lb. 4 oz.

12 pounds, 12 ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes
4 each (2 pounds) Sweet Onion, diced
2 each (2 pounds) Celery Root, diced
1.5 cup (12 ounces) Olive Oil Blend
8 ounces Garlic Cloves, chopped
2 cups (4 ounces) Basil Leaves, chopped
To Taste Salt &Pepper

•Sauté onion, garlic, and celery root in olive oil blend until tender. Do not brown. Add 2 cans of tomatoes and juice. Add Basil. Cook 30 minutes until everything is very tender. Puree with stick blender, season with salt and pepper.

Pepperoncini Relish (recipe should be reduced for home use)

2 jars Pepperoncini peppers, Stems removed; and Sliced
1 jar manzanilla olives, pitted, sliced, drained and rinsed
1 gallon pepperoncini juice (use the juice!)
8 ounces lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
2 ounces Italian parsley, chopped, (2 bunches)
1 ounce Chives, Chopped, (1/2 Bunch)
1 jar capers, drained and rinsed (discard juice!)
1 teaspoon Crushed red Pepper Flakes
2 ounces olive oil
24 ounces Yellow Peppers, diced
24 ounces red pepper, diced, whole weight
24 ounces Vidalia Onion, diced, whole weight
4 ounces Minced Garlic
to taste Kosher salt
to taste Black Pepper, freshly ground

Dice the onions and Peppers and coat with the 2 oz. of Olive oil. Season and roast at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool in the refrigerator.
Drain and rinse the olives and capers. Use only the juice from the pepperoncinis. Combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and add the chilled saute mixture. Chill.

Calamari Flour (recipe should be reduced for home use)

3 pounds All Purpose Flour
3 pounds Corn Flour
1/2 ounce Cayenne Pepper
2 ounces Kosher Salt
1/2 ounce Black Pepper, freshly ground

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.

Sonoma Free Range Chicken Whole Roasted Wine Country Dehydrated Strawberry, Sage, Black Pepper and Lemon
Napa Rose, Grand Californian Hotel, DL (Chef Andrew Sutton)

Make rub in advance preferably the week before. Select the best chicken that you can buy. Buy one chicken for every three guests one day before your event.
Remove all gizzards, the neck, and any plastic packages from the cavity of your chicken.
Rinse chicken thoroughly in salted water (Combine one quart of water and four Tbsp Kosher salt in a large bowl).

Prepare your birds for roasting –
Remove wing tips with a chef's knife.
Stuff the cavity of each chicken with:
Half a lemon
1 Bay leaf
5 Whole black peppercorns
1 Branch of fresh thyme
1/2 Tsp Kosher salt
Rub the outside of each chicken with:
1 Tsp Extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tsp Kosher salt
2 Tbsp Wine Country Rub (recipe follows)
Let chicken macerate with the rub on for 6 to 24 hours in the refrigerator.

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place chickens in an appropriate roasting pan, back side down. Place in preheated oven and roast for 15 minutes. Turn oven down to 375 degrees and roast for an additional 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 20 minutes at room temperature, to allow all of the juices to reabsorb. Carve the birds and serve.

Wine Country Rub
4 Tbsp Dried or dehydrated strawberries
2 Tbsp Lemon zest
1 Tbsp Black pepper
1 Tbsp Chopped sage
1 Tbsp Chopped fresh thyme
1 Tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp Smoked fresh paprika
2 Tbsp Kosher salt
1 Tbsp Granulated sugar

Mix all ingredients and store in ziplock baggies in dry storage or pantry.

Does anyone have the recipe for the peanut butter cake from the boardwalk bakery? I saw one earlier in this thread for one from sci fi, but not sure if its the same. I just had the boardwalk one last week and LOVED it! Thanks!

I haven't checked this thread in a long time and just discovered that someone had posted a recipe I requested in 2008!! Thank you, Tatania, for the recipe for the goulash that used to be served at Sommerfest, Germany, Epcot!

Posting an update for the Chocolate Butterfinger Cup Cake from Starring Rolls, Disney Hollywood Studios, WDW. I have requested clarification regarding the instructions for making the Devil's Food cake because what I had was very vague. I got a response from Guest services today and here's the updated recipe for the cake part of the Cup Cake:

Devil’s Food Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup boiling-hot water
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup whole milk
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs, warmed in very warm water for 10 minutes
Bake in large Muffin Cup.

For Devil’s food cake:
1. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set
aside.
2. Combine boiling-hot water and cocoa powder in a separate medium
bowl, whisking until smooth. Whisk in milk and vanilla extract. Set
aside.
3. Combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl.
Beat with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy,
about 3 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
Reduce mixer speed to low. Alternately add flour mixture and cocoa
mixture in 3 batches, beginning and ending with flour. Mixing until just
combined.
4. Position oven racks in the upper and lower thirds of oven. Preheat
oven to 350°.
5. Bake in large Muffin cups for about 20-25 minutes. Cool down.

Cut out some cake from the middle of the muffin. Fill with chocolate fudge (use your favorite butter cream frosting) and top with cut out cake. Pipe butter cream around cake . Freeze and dip in chocolate coating. Immediately drizzle with crushed butter finger.

Hi Everyone
thanks for keeping up the great recipes - can you believe how many dishes there are?!:woohoo:
here's one I'm after : Yak and Yeti's Baby Back Ribs (or even something similar?)
YUMMMMM and thanks

UPDATE: WDW has written! and apparently Y&Y do not release their recipes. oh well - I'll live with the memory

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter