The *OFFICIAL JUNE 2011 THREAD* "Some Like it Hot" & Some Like it Even Hotter! Part 2

Sitting in my condo at Windsor Hills waiting for the rest of the family to start waking up. I was too excited to sleep and have been up since 5:30. Today is our first day at the parks- Epcot for today! The condo has (free!) wifi, so I'll pop in throughout the week with some live reports. Bye guys!

Sitting in my condo at Windsor Hills waiting for the rest of the family to start waking up. I was too excited to sleep and have been up since 5:30. Today is our first day at the parks- Epcot for today! The condo has (free!) wifi, so I'll pop in throughout the week with some live reports. Bye guys!

Keep us updated on the crowds. Touring plans upped the crowd levels sometime yesterday. I would be curious what you think. We leave tomorrow night but won't start the Disney part of our trip until the 17th! Have fun!!!

We watched Wishes from the Poly beach with carlnix's while he was trying to get the live feed going (Honestly, that was a lot of WORK for a VACATION: hope all his efforts were appreciated).
  • Dinner at Les Chefs with a Remy visit, despite our snooty French waitress
  • Leaving messages, like "thank you--off to Epcot" for our mousekeeper & her writing back to us by the end of our stay
  • Seeing Fantasmic for the first time!
  • Being "That Family"--not in the Laugh Floor Show but in being our loud, boisterous selves having a grand time at WDW
  • Actually taking the midday break twice!
:banana:

Kahlee45 it was great to meet you guys! It amazed me how well our DD's got along! it will be a memory that will last! :hug: :grouphug:

I will be posting pics soon! And my DD16 worked diligently on keeping notes of our trip so that she can write a trip report! :thumbsup2

Keep us updated on the crowds. Touring plans upped the crowd levels sometime yesterday. I would be curious what you think. We leave tomorrow night but won't start the Disney part of our trip until the 17th! Have fun!!!

Grr...I just noticed that TP upped the levels for my days also, and made MK a "park to avoid" on the day I've planned it.:confused3 I'm not sure why, because they didn't add any EMH or special events. Oh well, I'll have to go with what I have, because it's the only day we can get there and it's too late to change lunch ADRs, etc. Besides, the only other day I could visit MK it's also a park to avoid with an even higher crowd level!

Grr...I just noticed that TP upped the levels for my days also, and made MK a "park to avoid" on the day I've planned it.:confused3 I'm not sure why, because they didn't add any EMH or special events. Oh well, I'll have to go with what I have, because it's the only day we can get there and it's too late to change lunch ADRs, etc. Besides, the only other day I could visit MK it's also a park to avoid with an even higher crowd level!

Completely off topic but...
Gig 'em! Did you see that the track teams won their third championships yesterday AND the baseball team won the first game against FSU? Great day to be an Aggie. :thumbsup2

I'm glad you guys made it safely :thumbsup2. Cant wait to read some of those reports. I will need something to do between now and Tuesday ;)

How long will you be there?

We are leaving tomorrow.:cool1: We will be checking in at bonnet creek. I think I am going to sit down and make a list of rides/attractions that are must see. My plan is to take it slow and enjoy whatever I can.

Leaving in one week!! :cool1: I'm taking a VERY last minute solo trip that got pushed up from late August to June 19th for various reasons. I'm staying at the Dolphin till the 23rd. I can't wait! I haven't been to WDW since October 2009, so it's time to "come home" again :)

I am so excited for everyone heading down!!!

I feel like we are in the home stretch, the reality and the anxiety of packing all of our stuff for the trip and finalizing all the details has me in major packing mode!! I cant wait!!!

3more working days, and boy oh boy is it going to be rough!! I know I wont be able to focus much, I will be thinking about how much I have to do for our trip!!! :goodvibes

4 days till our plane leave for Florida!! 7 days to Disney!! :banana:

Due to being out all day yesterday at a wedding weekend, I didn't get to say good bye to the June 12 people. Sorry about not sending you off properly.

Now for June 13th people.

ARRIVING JUNE 13
DVC Jen June 13-17 @ BLT (MK View) and 18-23 @ VWL
Miro77 June 13-17 @ ???
BBQMommy June 13-17 @ CBR
Gummie Bears June 13-19 @ POR
txtara June 13-20 @ Bonnet Creek
jwsqrdplus2 June 13-20 @ SOG
mamieD1270 June 13-23 @ POFQ

Disney tomorrow, the day is finally here.
You're all packed and ready; now it's time to cheer.
Hope your trip is merry and filled with special things.
And that you are surrounded with the magic that Disney brings!

Have a great trip everyone that is leaving tomorrow. :car: Safe travels and be sure to report back to us when you return. :wave:

We made it through a wedding last weekend, preschool graduation on Friday, and another wedding yesterday. Now, we have 3 1/2 more days of school and then I can get down to some serious packing. I have 11 days until we leave for Disney. I can't believe it's almost here. Soon I can do my single digit dance.

Taking a midday break from Epcot. We were there for rope drop. DD (43") and I headed for Soarin' and DH and DS (38") went to get TT fastpasses. The Soarin crowds looks really scary, but I think it's deceiving because literally everyone in the park is going into that one building at the same time. We decided to ride it standby because the line for getting FP was ridiculous. We were at the Soarin queue by 9:05 and walked right on. That said, by the time we exited Soarin the FP lines were gone, but stand-by was already up to 45 minutes. FP distribution times were for 4:00 pm by then. I imagine that by 11am there were gone altogether.

(Side note: they were not checking heights at all when we walked onto Soarin'. Maybe it's because they were just trying to deal with the mass of people, but DD was looking forward to getting to prove herself, and no one even glanced at her.)

Here's what we got done this morning:
-Rope drop
-Soarin for DD and myself
-FP for Test Track for this evening
-Living with the Land
-The Seas with Nemo
-Turtle Talk
-Played in the living seas area for awhile
-JIYI
-Played in the imagination pavilion for awhile
-Lunch at counter service in China
-FP for Mission Space for this evening
-Out of the park by 12:45, in the condo at 1:00pm

Except for Soarin' of course, lines were pretty decent the whole morning. DH kept asking where the big crowds I was warning him about were. TT and MS were both around 30-40 minutes as we were leaving which I think should be expected on a summer afternoon. But there was a whole herd of people coming in through bag check as we were leaving.

It's hot though, and I say that as a Texan. Not unbearable, but definitely hot. It's 1:30 now and I'm glad I'm inside. Okay, time for a nap! See you guys later!

Now, we have 3 1/2 more days of school

I hope they go by quickly for you! In my experience the less structured days seem to drag on. I've always let the students help me clean and pack up and then we have a big give-away of stuff I haven't touched or used in the last five years. I'm sure parents love it when their children come home with all of this school "stuff." :) This year things I used to teach with for the overhead projector were the hot items to take home. I'm not sure what they'll do with the transparencies and stuff but I couldn't use them anymore since we got rid of projectors and now use document cameras. They were all very happy campers though!!

Due to being out all day yesterday at a wedding weekend, I didn't get to say good bye to the June 12 people. Sorry about not sending you off properly.

Now for June 13th people.

ARRIVING JUNE 13
DVC Jen June 13-17 @ BLT (MK View) and 18-23 @ VWL
Miro77 June 13-17 @ ???
BBQMommy June 13-17 @ CBR
Gummie Bears June 13-19 @ POR
txtara June 13-20 @ Bonnet Creek
jwsqrdplus2 June 13-20 @ SOG
mamieD1270 June 13-23 @ POFQ

Have a great trip everyone that is leaving tomorrow. :car: Safe travels and be sure to report back to us when you return. :wave:

Ah, I was looking forward to a belated goodbye. Oh, well. :(
4 hours til our plane leaves- 5 days til Disney!!!

Taking a midday break from Epcot. We were there for rope drop. DD (43") and I headed for Soarin' and DH and DS (38") went to get TT fastpasses. The Soarin crowds looks really scary, but I think it's deceiving because literally everyone in the park is going into that one building at the same time. We decided to ride it standby because the line for getting FP was ridiculous. We were at the Soarin queue by 9:05 and walked right on. That said, by the time we exited Soarin the FP lines were gone, but stand-by was already up to 45 minutes. FP distribution times were for 4:00 pm by then. I imagine that by 11am there were gone altogether.

(Side note: they were not checking heights at all when we walked onto Soarin'. Maybe it's because they were just trying to deal with the mass of people, but DD was looking forward to getting to prove herself, and no one even glanced at her.)

-Rope drop
-Living with the Land
-The Seas with Nemo
-Turtle Talk
-JIYI

Except for Soarin' of course, lines were pretty decent the whole morning. DH kept asking where the big crowds I was warning him about were. TT and MS were both around 30-40 minutes as we were leaving which I think should be expected on a summer afternoon. But there was a whole herd of people coming in through bag check as we were leaving.

It's hot though, and I say that as a Texan. Not unbearable, but definitely hot. It's 1:30 now and I'm glad I'm inside. Okay, time for a nap! See you guys later!

Yea! An update :goodvibes It is good to know that rope dropped worked out. Perhaps it will work out for us on Wednesday. DD and DH will have a class with the Disney YES Program (Synergy in Science), and I was wondering if the Dude and I should make an attempt to stay (even though he cant ride much) or go ahead and go to DHS until they are done. :confused3 We will probably make the trip to DHS, but just in case, it is good to know that the crowds (At least today were not that bad). Glad you mentioned the heat. Today it is like 97 degrees... So... Have fun :)!

Ah, I was looking forward to a belated goodbye. Oh, well. :(
4 hours til our plane leaves- 5 days til Disney!!!

ARRIVING JUNE 12
boyzrus June 12-15 @ WL
toomanycars June 12-17 @ BLT (Part 1 of trip)
Poohrulz June 12-17 @ Caribe Royale
HotMama June 12-17 @ ASMu
Eeyores#1Fan June 12-18 @ AsMu
vfangue June 12-18 @ FW Cabins
archdandy June 12-18 @ CSR
princesslily June 12-19 @ POP
cindianne320 June 12-17 @ (off property) June 17-20 @ POP
lilosurf11 June 12- 21 @ BLT
ReelRedHead June 12-22 @ POR
kkwis2 June 12-24 @ Ft. Wilderness

Sorry. I takes me so long to cut and paste on my Ipad. Here is an official send off done the right way. I hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy your time in Disney. :banana:

-Rope drop
-Living with the Land
-The Seas with Nemo
-Turtle Talk
-JIYI

Sounds like you are having a great time. I am glad to hear that you don't think that it's too hot. It's been in the upper 90s here with high humidity so I feel prepared for Disney. My son was very diappointed also that they didn't pay attention to his height. Have a great time and keep us updated!

I hope they go by quickly for you! In my experience the less structured days seem to drag on. I've always let the students help me clean and pack up and then we have a big give-away of stuff I haven't touched or used in the last five years. I'm sure parents love it when their children come home with all of this school "stuff." :) This year things I used to teach with for the overhead projector were the hot items to take home. I'm not sure what they'll do with the transparencies and stuff but I couldn't use them anymore since we got rid of projectors and now use document cameras. They were all very happy campers though!!

My kids like taking apart my room each year. It makes clean up very easy. I can't wait until it's over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter