***The Official June 2016 Thread***

:flower1::flower1:Single digits today!! 9 more days!! I managed to get DD packed last night, she had an end of the school year slumber to go to. I just need her iPad, hoody, Duffy bear for her carry on. Those I'll sneak in the car before we head to the airport. I need to finish 3 shirts for me and then I can pack for me. It's getting so close and she still doesn't know

We leave in 6 days....Disney in 7! I pulled out the suitcases last night. I have piles to start packing. Placing my prime pantry order today. Probably some final shopping this week, along with a mani/pedi. Then headed out around 4:30pm on Friday!

Anyone planning on bringing the portable spray bottles or battery fans to carry around? This is our first summer trip, not sure if it's worth carrying these around!
We are too but will keep them in the back pack and hang it on DH scooter. B4 scooter was with us, I found fans more annoying than useful. There is a lot of less cumbersome ways to cool off at Disney. I long for the days when we walked in with NO stuff.

I'm a little late to the party (and new to the boards!). This will be my 2nd WDW trip. Joining me and my daughters (8 & 9) is my boyfriend and his daughters (7 & 10) June 5-11.

We are staying in a suite at AoA.
Monday: MK, ADR at CRT 8:25am, hoping to hit 7DMT and Peter Pan before the lines are too long. Early dinner at Tony's. No break at BF's request (eek!).
Tuesday: MK... zero plans until night. Booked the dessert party because last time I had to crouch under a tree to see fireworks.
Weds-Thurs no parks. My kids have never been to a beach so we are getting a van and will go exploring.
Thurs night: Spirit of Aloha dinner show then hoping to catch Wishes from the beach at the Poly.
Friday: HS. We are all Star Wars fans! Planning to sign all the kids up for JTA. No other plans there. Hoping to get a good view of the fireworks. Wasn't able to book the dessert party there.

Never been to a beach!! Wow. Where do you live? I grew up on a beach. Hard for me to imagine life without an ocean.

I know it's still too far out and I should stop looking at the weather....BUT the weather forecast is NOT improving! We arrive in Orlando on Monday and have water park days M-W. Move to AKL on Thursday and first day in the parks on Friday. Every Single Day is showing thunderstorms. :(

LOL! That is Florida. But the thunderstorm may only be 5 minutes long.

8 days to the beach for a week with 2 days at Disney in the middle. It's our annual GF trip, 5 of us girls, leaving hubbies, kids and in my case grandkids at home. Disney is so much better with GF.

I am enjoying my holiday weekend - outdoor Shakespeare, family picnic and games yesterday and friend picnic today, but....I need to get packing! Leaving Saturday AM at 6AM and no packing done. I do have a list, though. Tomorrow is pedal to the metal and get it done because I am in Accounting, and next week is going to be a bear at work.
Friday after an early release from work, my DH and I went shopping. 2 pairs of shorts for him & 3 shirts - which I had to help him pick out, then 1/2 hr. of shopping for me before I had to be somewhere. Ugggh! I really don't have time for more shopping for me. Going to have to fish through the bins and make do.
We are still tweaking FP's, lol, and our car rental just went down over $100! Yay!

Last edited:
late to the party, but just finished booking our trip!

2 days at Universal and then 4 days at Disney! Staying at PBH the first night and then CR the rest of the time. 6/13-6/14 - USO and 6/14-6/18 WDW

We leave in 6 days....Disney in 7! I pulled out the suitcases last night. I have piles to start packing. Placing my prime pantry order today. Probably some final shopping this week, along with a mani/pedi. Then headed out around 4:30pm on Friday!

I was just looking at Amazon Prime Now. They deliver to WDW resorts for free (tip recommended for the driver) and the prices were better than Prime Pantry. You can make the purchase up to a day in advance and pick a 2 hour window for delivery. Have fun!!

I was just looking at Amazon Prime Now. They deliver to WDW resorts for free (tip recommended for the driver) and the prices were better than Prime Pantry. You can make the purchase up to a day in advance and pick a 2 hour window for delivery. Have fun!!
Yes we are probably doing both bc I have a $5.99 prime pantry credit and with prime now, they are offering a $10 credit for first order!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter