• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***The Official May 2017 Thread***

Finally booked our room and flights! May 13-16 at CBR for a quick weekend birthday trip, and finally making it for Flower and Garden!

We'll be neighbors!! May 12-22 at CBR!!! It'll be our first stay at CBR and only our 2nd ever Moderate stay (we usually are at the Values!)

I just booked for MAY! 6 Nights at AKL, Savannah View!

I was going to run the Princess Half in February but unfortunately due to some personal reasons had to cancel and now we've been able to book for may at the resort I really wanted to stay at (Feb was going to be Caribbean Beach).

Joining in! Just booked for the beginning of May. Super excited for Flower and Garden. Any suggestions for transportation to Universal for one day?

Joining in! Just booked for the beginning of May. Super excited for Flower and Garden. Any suggestions for transportation to Universal for one day?

Your best bet is Uber. You can get to Universal and back for less than $15 each way.

I also say Uber. That's what we used when we did a Universal day and it was so easy, cheaper than a cab, and we had great drivers.

So excited! Just found this forum! We're booked for May 27-June 2 at Pop Preferred. This our family's 1st! We have 2 girls, ages 3 and 5. Here are our details/ADRs so far:
Arrival day: dinner at Ohana
Sun: MK 8am breakfast at BOG
Mon: AK Lunch @ Tusker House
Tues: EP Lunch @ Askershus
Wed: Pool Day, then 7:05 dinner @ Royal Table (Extra Magic hrs)
Thu: HS early dinner @ SciFi, open to change this
Checkout day: MK, lunch @BOG, again open to change
Now I'm just sweating the Fastpass+ 60 day mark

We have just booked for May 12-19th. Thought we were going to have to wait until September, but we are going to be able to go in May!!!
Super excited!! We have already booked our ADR's, Fast Passes are next and then we are ready to go!!!!!!!!!
:yay::yay::yay:

So how is everything going planning wise for all of you?

Flights booked? Drive route planned? ADRs?

I still feel like I'm kind of phoning it in regarding planning, even though I've done just about as much as I can so far. Flights and ADRs are done, daily plan outlined...just waiting for FP time to roll around (which is about a month away) now!

I do want to find a couple of new shirts or ears like I usually do...maybe something fun for MIL to get her excited or add a special touch.

I still feel like I'm kind of phoning it in regarding planning, even though I've done just about as much as I can so far. Flights and ADRs are done, daily plan outlined...just waiting for FP time to roll around (which is about a month away) now!

I do want to find a couple of new shirts or ears like I usually do...maybe something fun for MIL to get her excited or add a special touch.
Umm...... I have my March trip outlined :rolleyes1 And I kind of have a list of some things I want to do in May? That's about it.......I'm completely slacking and I'm embarrassed lol. Of course you know we have WL booked :goodvibes and I'm pretty sure we're going to do the Marceline to the Magic Kingdom tour but I need to organize myself more! I hope everyone else going in May has their stuff together better than I do!

We also have a March trip planned. LOL

We're driving and have everything ready -- hotels booked on the way down and back (with several days at Universal squeezed in down and back too!)

ADRs are all set -- I haven't touched them since 180 days! I'm so proud! LOL

Not doing any shirts this trip -- will do so in August when it's our whole family. The kids want to do the Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3, etc :)

I think we've figured out which FP we want too.

We also have a March trip planned. LOL

We're driving and have everything ready -- hotels booked on the way down and back (with several days at Universal squeezed in down and back too!)

ADRs are all set -- I haven't touched them since 180 days! I'm so proud! LOL

Not doing any shirts this trip -- will do so in August when it's our whole family. The kids want to do the Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3, etc :)

I think we've figured out which FP we want too.
That's funny you're going March, May and August, we have the first 2 set and are strongly contemplating a return in Auguast as well! We've been the past 3 years in Aug.(although last year was just DH and I, boys stayed home). This Aug. would be the whole family and we'd possibly squeeze some Universal in then :goodvibes

Umm...... I have my March trip outlined :rolleyes1 And I kind of have a list of some things I want to do in May? That's about it.......I'm completely slacking and I'm embarrassed lol. Of course you know we have WL booked :goodvibes and I'm pretty sure we're going to do the Marceline to the Magic Kingdom tour but I need to organize myself more! I hope everyone else going in May has their stuff together better than I do!

This is me, too! I think we've probably reached the point where it's ok to let the planning be a little lax. It's not like we don't know what we're doing, lol!!
I'm considering doing Behind the Seeds with MIL, on our last park day at Epcot. I'm torn about booking it ahead of time or trying for day of depending on how things have gone with her in the parks. I'm kind of afraid she'd be rude to the guide if their gardening standards weren't up to HER standards or if they make any mention of non-organic practices or GMOs :scared: It just sounds like a thing that would happen with her! I'm also afraid she'll be rude to Gaston during the meet and greet, take the jabs too far. Bailing her out of Disney jail for harassing characters isn't what I want to add to the to do list. I guess if that happened I'd just leave her in Disney jail for awhile and tell her I had trouble getting her out, LOL!!

I had booked our flight down to Orlando but Southwest had not yet released the dates including our return flight until last month. I kept checking and it was $284 for the longest time! Then a few days ago it was down to $217. It still isn't the best price that I wanted to pay, but I was nervous that it was going to go back up, so I ended up booking our flight home. I'm glad that it's done, but I don't even want to go on the Southwest site again because if I see it cheaper I'm going to be mad! :laughing: I know they can give you a credit for a future flight, but that's only for a year and we won't be flying again for probably another 2 years.

On another good note, we are in double digits! 91 days!!! I can't believe that it is February already. Next month I can book our fastpasses!

I'm a little bummed about the magic bands. I wish we could get the new version, but since we had already received them for our November trip that we had to reschedule for this May trip, we won't be getting other bands.

I just booked the Pirates and Pals fireworks voyage and I'm really excited about it. I don't like fireworks, but I know that DD and DS will really like it and I'm keeping it a secret for them :goodvibes

As I look outside at the snow, I can't wait to see Epcot and the Flower and Garden festival!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter