The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

What I was most impressed with was when I exited EP after EP Forever. There was a line for the Skyliner, but it moved fairly quickly and I was back at RIV at 10:03 pm - 22 minutes after EP Forever ended. When the Skyliner works correctly, it is better than any bus, boat or monorail IMHO!

Agree! I exited EP the day it opened right after the fireworks and the line was long but I was on my way within 15 minutes. I think the Skyliner will be the best transportation on property once they work out the kinks.

I think they intentionally leave space on the cars for people at Riviera.

When we saw an ECV being loaded at Riviera, they slowed the line (it CRAWLED through the station at like 0.2 MPH) but didn't stop it. Since we saw four more ECVs waiting when we boarded, we assume the Epcot ride would be really slow with multiple slowdowns like that. I think there were two slowdowns on our journey but both lasted less than 30 seconds so it wasn't a big deal at all.

I agree they leave space and communicate with the CB station and I think they will get even better at it as time goes.

In any case, it was enough of a game changer to push us into the buy category, even knowing there will be slowdowns and breakdowns with the system. The Skyliner beats all forms of other park transportation simply because of the continuous loading process.

This exactly!!

Living near Disneyland, transportation is probably the thing about Disney World that I had the hardest time adjusting to. Although I love the bubble aspect, getting in a hot car to drive to the parks to walk across blistering asphalt or waiting for the bus while others go past with their awful exhaust and ear piercing beeping as they lower the bus or even the monorail that was down more than it was up when we stayed at the Poly definitely distracts from the magic for me. I do love the boats and talking to other families on the buses though.

But traveling to 2 parks after a short wait on something that’s like a ride but so quiet with beautiful views magic to me.

Anyone there with copy of January Activities Guide?

I posted at least one page of the December one in the first post. I’ll update it if I find one.

October was 90+ degree while we were there. The airflow through the gondola made it very comfortable. The only things I‘d recommend is to carry a battery fan and utilize the facilities before getting on versus telling yourself you’ll go at the next station.

Yes, agree on the fan and facilities and our experience with the temperature. There was so much air passing though when it was moving, it felt cooler, but when it stopped, both of those things mattered. 😂

Tonight I had dinner at Topolinos and had a chance to walk around the Riviera for a bit. My impressions....

I thought the resort itself was very nice. The lobby is small but it’s perfectly fine. I do enjoy whatever smell they use. I cannot put my finger on exactly what it is.

The line for the Prime Patio went all the way out the door and into the resort.

The staircase in the lobby is shockingly narrow and the carpet is already worn.

My dinner was very good. I would absolutely go back. Breakfast seemed over priced to me. However, my veal tomahawk chop was worth every bit of $52. Epcot is much closer than I originally thought. It ca be easily viewed from the top of Topolino.

The elevator to get to Topolinos didn’t work right. I got in with a family. We pushed floor 10. The light was on, but after a minute or two we realized that we weren’t moving. I pushed the open door button and got into a different elevator.

The pools are small but nice. I go in pools to cool off, not swim laps, so it works for me. The kids play area is one of he better ones.

I purposely walked by the DVC sales desk multiple times hoping they would try to sell me Riviera but they ignored me..

The resort itself didn’t feel any “less Disney” than other DVC resorts.

Overall I found the resort to be very nice. Would I buy points there? Maybe.

Hey, everyone! I think I’ve finished updating the first post! If anyone reads it and finds any faulty info or even typos, please let me know and I’ll fix it. I tried to gather as much info as I can but if anyone has good pics they don’t mind me using, please let me know. Thanks!

What size coffee makers are in the studio rooms?

Here’s what they had in the Deluxe Studio Models, 12 cup. The Tower Studios have Keurigs.

Attachments

• 8F226A3B-7B40-45CB-A7A2-0C55C66846AC.png
    8F226A3B-7B40-45CB-A7A2-0C55C66846AC.png
    184.7 KB · Views: 23
Hey, everyone! I think I’ve finished updating the first post! If anyone reads it and finds any faulty info or even typos, please let me know and I’ll fix it. I tried to gather as much info as I can but if anyone has good pics they don’t mind me using, please let me know. Thanks!

Here’s what they had in the Deluxe Studio Models, 12 cup. The Tower Studios have Keurigs.
Great job summerw!!!

Thank you:thumbsup2

Random thought about the Skyliners (Hence the Riviera). I'm assuming each skyliner has a security camera in tha car since their in a confined space with strangers... My teenaged daughter and friends are wanting to ride but I'm a little uncertain since random male strangers could be placed in the car. Any onsite from those whom have ridden?

Random thought about the Skyliners (Hence the Riviera). I'm assuming each skyliner has a security camera in tha car since their in a confined space with strangers... My teenaged daughter and friends are wanting to ride but I'm a little uncertain since random male strangers could be placed in the car. Any onsite from those whom have ridden?
I rode the Skyline frequently the last three days with two of my male friends. Not a single time did they place us with women alone.

Most of the time my DH and I rode alone in November. A couple of times we rode with another couple or small family. I wouldn’t worry.

Maybe just let your daughter know to request this? I'm very sure Disney would accommodate since they put up with all of us requesting front or back row on rides and this is actually a safety issue. And we always rode alone at slower times.

Not entirely a reply - more of a SkyLiner Concern?
Riviera is a SkyLiner Resort. This just happened at POP, another SkyLiner Resort. Chatter indicates that ALL SkyLiner Resorts will suffer the same fate. In light of new data - consider if Riviera is right for your DVC purchase?

I'm sure they will reduce more bus service. They don't have buses running to MK for the monorail resorts either. Or buses to Epcot and I think even HS from BC/YC/BW.

Does anyone know what times the buses have been starting in the morning? Heading to HS in 2 weeks and want to be in the park before opening.

So we were able to see Riviera grounds last week as well as the inside and all I can say is I'm glad we bought in before the price jump because it is a gorgeous resort. We love the decorations and the design of it. We stayed at Gran Destino Tower for two nights in the club level so if Riviera has that then it would be 100/100 for us but for now without us having our Tower night stay and our week deluxe studio stay I give it 99/100 for now. They truly hit this one out of the park for us.

Great job! Thanks again for starting/maintaining this thread.

Does anyone know what times the buses have been starting in the morning? Heading to HS in 2 weeks and want to be in the park before opening.

One of the websites is claiming they are reducing Riviera’s bus service to EP/HS too to once per hour so it might be changing. I think it’s generally 60 before park opening and the Skyliner has been running 15 minutes before HS opens. I’d check with the front desk and be prepared to uber just in case.

I have a tower studio and deluxe studio standard booked for next Dec! Can’t wait to check out the resort for the first time.

congrats! I hope you will post a review.

So we were able to see Riviera grounds last week as well as the inside and all I can say is I'm glad we bought in before the price jump because it is a gorgeous resort. We love the decorations and the design of it. We stayed at Gran Destino Tower for two nights in the club level so if Riviera has that then it would be 100/100 for us but for now without us having our Tower night stay and our week deluxe studio stay I give it 99/100 for now. They truly hit this one out of the park for us.

Congrats on your purchase!

Great job! Thanks again for starting/maintaining this thread.
Thanks!

I rode the Skyliner alone about a week ago (as a single female). I was placed in a gondola on my own going to EP and with a family of adults going back (who were a bit rambunctious, but in a funny way and certainly not drunk or belligerent). The CM's seem very aware of where and with whom they are placing guests. I would, perhaps, let your DD know that she can always ask to be placed in a gondola with just her group of friends.

Now that I’ve returned from Disney (stayed at Pop), I’ve had time to digest my thoughts about the Riviera. Overall I liked the resort. If I was in the position to add more points right now, I probably would add there. I do have a few more criticisms though.

People give CCV and poly a hard time for the bungalows and cabins. However, CCV only has 4 Grand Villas and Poly has 0. The Riviera has 12 point hungry Grand Villas that are higher in points than the Cabins. Wouldn’t this lead to availability issues for the studios?

I really enjoyed Topolinos but the chandelier looked like the same one at at the Enchanted Rose at the Flo. Maybe there was a 2 for 1 sale?

i cancelled my reservation for aug/sept. The discount fun and sun summer offer wouldn't be applied to the tower studio room and the limited bus announcement all in one day forced my hand to switch resorts. I may need the bus more over the gondola and need that 'choice' due to motion sick people in my party and can't chance it. As well as the discount I just couldn't let go by. So off to the yacht club! We will visit riviera for food and shopping for sure though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter