The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Is there more? It sounds like so many great things and it's just one thing you mentioned that (while you shouldn't have to) you could pack a few paper plates and solve. If there are more things that you're not fond of / hate at Riviera then yes I'd question adding on but hopefully they will return to plates at some point. That said, if it's something that truly drives you nuts I totally get it - something that seems like a minor inconvenience to someone can completely ruin an amazing experience for someone else. Like the scent of a resort or the music they play could be be no big deal for most but a deal breaker for some. But hopefully Primo will offer plates again soon and it's temporary thing. On the plus side... you are in the position to add on somewhere - maybe VGF2 or VGC is a great option. Jealous of your after hours experience - they weren't doing that the last time I was there - sounds awesome!
I love Riviera and our stay was great. It wasn't the paper boxes that made me rethink more points it was the experience in the parks. We spent a lot $$ on ILL and Genie + and in my experience it was for a lesser experience than we had previous years. We adjusted our expectations and made sure to get a couple of the most important things done as we brought my in laws with us for their first trip. When we walked into Riviera I was ready to look into getting more points right then - and the parks experience just took the wind out of my sails. We did have a great time - and I'm glad for any days at Disney - it just seemed a bit more difficult to get stuff done. Compared to many here I am newer to Disney with trips 2019, 2020 (before closure), 2021 standby only, and 2022 ILL and G+. I could get behind paying more for a better experience but my thought with G+ (at least for how we managed this trip) is you either pay for an OK day or your day is considerably worse. Maybe next time we will spend less time in the parks and more time drinking coffee and cocktails (depending on the time of day) at RIV :-)

I love Riviera and our stay was great. It wasn't the paper boxes that made me rethink more points it was the experience in the parks. We spent a lot $$ on ILL and Genie + and in my experience it was for a lesser experience than we had previous years. We adjusted our expectations and made sure to get a couple of the most important things done as we brought my in laws with us for their first trip. When we walked into Riviera I was ready to look into getting more points right then - and the parks experience just took the wind out of my sails. We did have a great time - and I'm glad for any days at Disney - it just seemed a bit more difficult to get stuff done. Compared to many here I am newer to Disney with trips 2019, 2020 (before closure), 2021 standby only, and 2022 ILL and G+. I could get behind paying more for a better experience but my thought with G+ (at least for how we managed this trip) is you either pay for an OK day or your day is considerably worse. Maybe next time we will spend less time in the parks and more time drinking coffee and cocktails (depending on the time of day) at RIV :-)
Totally getting my expectations ready for G+ for sure. We used it in Disneyland and it was great - we'll see how we fare at WDW. Yeah we may be doing rope drop, then back to the resort for a few hours and then back once our stacked G+ start kicking in. I'm so weird - we've been to Riviera three times so far and have yet to get into the pool/hot tub. Need to let myself relax and actually carve out some time to do that.

Just got back from our week stay at Riviera. This was my wife's first time there and we loved it! Had a 1 bedroom with views of the Skyliner and fireworks. I sat out and saw Harmonius a few nights. The room is really fantastically setup and comfortable. The resort overall is lovely and the Skyliner is such a great way to get around. Just wish the store was a bit bigger (something like Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge) but I get the boutique vibe and such but more would be nicer. More food choices as well but at least Piatto is decent food. I'd just like a bit more choices. They are also really busy all the time so mobile order! Can't wait to come back next year!

Please add: 11/8-12/2022 Standard 1BR.

Our trip in December was great, other than my October knee injury. MRI after the trip revealed torn meniscus and cartilage damage. Had arthroscopic surgery today and was notified that I have extensive arthritis. Getting old is not fun, but already have two trips planned for this year, bad knee or not.

Our 2BR referred room was perfect for our family of six, all our “kids“ are over 17. And DDs finance came for his first “real” Disney vacation. Pleased to say he passed our all-out Disney touring methods.

DH was apprehensive since we bought sight unseen and he didn't expect to like the RIV. He loves AKL/AKV, so first addonitis addiction resulted in ”his” points a few months after initial purchase at RIV (at $107pp a year ago, I am not complaining!}. But he absolutely loves the resort and the Skyliner was awesome. La Petite Cafe and Bar Riva were visited daily even though we brought a full bag of freshly ground coffee from home. He also walked around Caribbean Beach while I iced my knee. did Topolino’s for breakfast on check out, and the food was absolutely awesome and the best meal of our trip. Happy to answer any questions or post pictures if interested.

So, we have a VGF/RIV split stay in November. Would like to try BCV or BWV soon, but expect availability during F&W to be scarce. Definitely won’t be disappointed if we end our stay at Riviera.

RIVIERA'S BE OUR GUEST LIST
Will you be joining us at the Riviera? Comment on this thread with your dates to be added below!

January
Jimmy Mouse: January 2-8
Sandisw: January 10-12, 1-Bedroom SV
Transferteck: Jan 13-17, Tower Studio
IceSkatingPrincess: January 14-19, 1-Bedroom SV
MamaJessie: January 17-22, Studio
Akck: January 17-21, Deluxe Studio

February
BradW: February 1-5, 1-Bedroom PV, Welcome Home Trip
Sandisw: February 8-10, 1-Bedroom SV
Evita_W: February 8-17
Transferteck: February 13-15, Tower Studio
havoc315: February 18-22, 2-Bedroom LO SV
Lorana: February 18-22, 2-Bedroom LO SV
brazzledazzler: February 19-22, Deluxe Studio SV, Welcome Home Trip
jdd: February 19-22, Deluxe Studio SV, Welcome Home Trip
jamesweikamp: February 28 - March 6, Tower Studio

March
Sandisw: March 7, Deluxe Studio SV

April
SoCalDCLfan: April 6-9, Tower Studio
Sandisw: April 23-26, Deluxe Studio SV

May
brazzledazzler: May 22-26, Deluxe Studio SV

June
eeyoreme: June 3-9, -Bedroom Lock off SV
summerw: June 5-9, 2-Bedroom SV

July

August

b00kbug: August 24 - September 4, 2-Bedroom, SV, Welcome Home Trip

September
McFlame: September 07-20, 1-Bedroom SV

October

November

December

J-Dog: December 4-12, Grand Villa
alice-in wonder December 27-January 1 Deluxe Studio SV

PAST TRIPS

April
summerw: April 24-28, Deluxe Studio SV
Akck: April 24-27, Tower Studio

May
TinkB278: May 15-20, 1-Bedroom SV
kanerf: May 16-18, Deluxe Studio
DISguyDennis: May 22-27, Deluxe Studio SV
Doberge: May 22-27, Deluxe Studio PV

June
happenin2you: June 14-18, 1 Bedroom PV
Dicentras: June 19-23, 2-Bedroom LO SV
PixiePlns: June 19-26 1-Bedroom

July
nataliz: July 7-14, 2-Bedroom PV
ninafeliz: July 9-17, 2-Bedroom LO SV
UrsulaWantsYourSoul & javaduck: July 18&19, Tower Studio + 20&21, Deluxe Studio + 22-27, 2-Bedroom

August
Diane Kompan: August 13-22
MomOTwins: August 14-18, Welcome Home Trip
havoc315: August 14-22, Welcome Home Trip, 2-Bedroom LO PV
Pills: August 14-25, Deluxe Studio SV
jasonplusliz: August 22-28, 1-Bedroom SV
Thegoatfeeder: August 30-September 8
Turn the Page: August 30-September 6, 1-Bedroom SV

September
transferteck: September 1-3, Tower Studio
bigAWL: September 8-11, 1-Bedroom PV
IceSkatingPrincess: September 9-14, Welcome Home Trip, Deluxe Studio SV (9-11), 1-Bedroom SV (11-14)
csmommy: September 12-14, Tower Studio
tdonnell56: September 14-17, 1 & 2 Bedroom
Anthony Vito: September 30-October 3, Deluxe Studio SV

October
Jimmy Mouse: October 3-9
Sandisw (DD): October 15-19, Deluxe Studio SV
Sandisw: October 26-28, 2-Bedroom SV
Turn the Page: October 27-30, Deluxe Studio SV

November
ForWhomTheMouseTolls: November 4 -11
LSchrow: November 7-9, 1-Bedroom SV
princessophiali: November 12-19, Deluxe Studio
Sydnerella: November 19-28, 1-Bedroom PV

December
jamesweikamp: December 4-11, 2-Bedroom PV
Thegoatfeeder: December 5-10
Dmvoight: December 10-19, 1-Bedroom PV
kandlsutton: December 11-18, 2-Bedroom PV
disneydreamer781: December 14-16, Deluxe Studio SV
Mike9865: December 17-24, 1-Bedroom PV
kboo: December 19-23, Deluxe Studio SV
summerw: December 26-31, 1-Bedroom SV
alice-in-wonder December 27-January 1, Deluxe Studio SV

RIVIERA'S BE OUR GUEST LIST
Will you be joining us at the Riviera? Comment on this thread with your dates to be added below!

January
Jimmy Mouse: January 2-8
Sandisw: January 10-12, 1-Bedroom SV
Transferteck: Jan 13-17, Tower Studio
IceSkatingPrincess: January 14-19, 1-Bedroom SV
MamaJessie: January 17-22, Studio
Akck: January 17-21, Deluxe Studio

February
BradW: February 1-5, 1-Bedroom PV, Welcome Home Trip
Sandisw: February 8-10, 1-Bedroom SV
Evita_W: February 8-17
Transferteck: February 13-15, Tower Studio
havoc315: February 18-22, 2-Bedroom LO SV
Lorana: February 18-22, 2-Bedroom LO SV
brazzledazzler: February 19-22, Deluxe Studio SV, Welcome Home Trip
jdd: February 19-22, Deluxe Studio SV, Welcome Home Trip
jamesweikamp: February 28 - March 6, Tower Studio

March
Sandisw: March 7, Deluxe Studio SV

April
SoCalDCLfan: April 6-9, Tower Studio
Sandisw: April 23-26, Deluxe Studio SV

May
brazzledazzler: May 22-26, Deluxe Studio SV

June
eeyoreme: June 3-9, -Bedroom Lock off SV
summerw: June 5-9, 2-Bedroom SVJUly
JULY
alice-in-wonder July 31 Tower Studio

August
alice-in-wonder August5-6 Deluxe Studio PV
b00kbug: August 24 - September 4, 2-Bedroom, SV, Welcome Home Trip

September
McFlame: September 07-20, 1-Bedroom SV

October

November

December

J-Dog: December 4-12, Grand Villa

PAST TRIPS

April
summerw: April 24-28, Deluxe Studio SV
Akck: April 24-27, Tower Studio

May
TinkB278: May 15-20, 1-Bedroom SV
kanerf: May 16-18, Deluxe Studio
DISguyDennis: May 22-27, Deluxe Studio SV
Doberge: May 22-27, Deluxe Studio PV

June
happenin2you: June 14-18, 1 Bedroom PV
Dicentras: June 19-23, 2-Bedroom LO SV
PixiePlns: June 19-26 1-Bedroom

July
nataliz: July 7-14, 2-Bedroom PV
ninafeliz: July 9-17, 2-Bedroom LO SV
UrsulaWantsYourSoul & javaduck: July 18&19, Tower Studio + 20&21, Deluxe Studio + 22-27, 2-Bedroom

August
Diane Kompan: August 13-22
MomOTwins: August 14-18, Welcome Home Trip
havoc315: August 14-22, Welcome Home Trip, 2-Bedroom LO PV
Pills: August 14-25, Deluxe Studio SV
jasonplusliz: August 22-28, 1-Bedroom SV
Thegoatfeeder: August 30-September 8
Turn the Page: August 30-September 6, 1-Bedroom SV

September
transferteck: September 1-3, Tower Studio
bigAWL: September 8-11, 1-Bedroom PV
IceSkatingPrincess: September 9-14, Welcome Home Trip, Deluxe Studio SV (9-11), 1-Bedroom SV (11-14)
csmommy: September 12-14, Tower Studio
tdonnell56: September 14-17, 1 & 2 Bedroom
Anthony Vito: September 30-October 3, Deluxe Studio SV

October
Jimmy Mouse: October 3-9
Sandisw (DD): October 15-19, Deluxe Studio SV
Sandisw: October 26-28, 2-Bedroom SV
Turn the Page: October 27-30, Deluxe Studio SV

November
ForWhomTheMouseTolls: November 4 -11
LSchrow: November 7-9, 1-Bedroom SV
princessophiali: November 12-19, Deluxe Studio
Sydnerella: November 19-28, 1-Bedroom PV

December
jamesweikamp: December 4-11, 2-Bedroom PV
Thegoatfeeder: December 5-10
Dmvoight: December 10-19, 1-Bedroom PV
kandlsutton: December 11-18, 2-Bedroom PV
disneydreamer781: December 14-16, Deluxe Studio SV
Mike9865: December 17-24, 1-Bedroom PV
kboo: December 19-23, Deluxe Studio SV
summerw: December 26-31, 1-Bedroom SV

We are staying at Riviera for the 1st time in a standard view. I had a couple of quick questions.

I am not the biggest fan of elevators I will take them but would prefer to take stairs when I can are the stair cases easy to access from higher floors. I was thinking about requesting a room on the 5th floor since it seems like it had a view of Epcot fireworks and figured I could take the 3 flights up from the lobby via stair case.

Are they any good rooms you have stayed on standard view on the same floor as the lobby?

Is there a standard view area that has a surprising view of Epcot fireworks. I saw a room on touring plans that looks like it has a view of the skyline loading area can you see fireworks from there

were they any decent view rooms on a lower floor that you were surprised by and can offer the room number to me.

We are staying at Riviera for the 1st time in a standard view. I had a couple of quick questions.

I am not the biggest fan of elevators I will take them but would prefer to take stairs when I can are the stair cases easy to access from higher floors. I was thinking about requesting a room on the 5th floor since it seems like it had a view of Epcot fireworks and figured I could take the 3 flights up from the lobby via stair case.

Are they any good rooms you have stayed on standard view on the same floor as the lobby?

Is there a standard view area that has a surprising view of Epcot fireworks. I saw a room on touring plans that looks like it has a view of the skyline loading area can you see fireworks from there

were they any decent view rooms on a lower floor that you were surprised by and can offer the room number to me.

I always ask for a high floor, so I don't really have any input on lobby level rooms.

The view "map" is on page one of this thread if you generally want to see which way rooms face and room views are detailed in this thread. https://www.disboards.com/threads/riviera-rooms-with-a-view.3782418/

My wife and daughter will be with me in a 1 bedroom - standard room for March 12-20 while I have to work a few days at the HIMSS22 conference.

We'll be in a standard studio from 2/27-3/2. One night before at BLT theme park view and then 4 nights after at Copper Creek. I may be out cheering for half marathon runners.

Thinking about buying a small direct contract at either AKL or Riviera. How hard is it to get a regular studio at 7 months for like 3 to 4 days or a 1 bedroom for 2 days at Riviera?.

Depends on time of year. Right now I see some availability in September for preferred view. The standard and tower studios tend to go quicker or are spotty with days. 1 bedrooms tend to stick around longer.

I think AKL has more availability.

Thinking about buying a small direct contract at either AKL or Riviera. How hard is it to get a regular studio at 7 months for like 3 to 4 days or a 1 bedroom for 2 days at Riviera?.

Riviera is more difficult. It's unknown if it will always be this difficult because it's still new and people buying Riviera points are wanting to use at Riviera, but over time more switch to other resorts. That said, I don't think Riviera is even half sold so it'll be like this for a while. We do know that AKL is easier to get at 7 months. Riviera is currently slightly higher in dues but I'd expect AKL to increase faster (animal care, full refurbishments coming in 2023 or 2024 will hit dues).

It will be our 1st time staying at riviera I am trying to put in a room request and thinking about where I should select. are there any areas of the hotel you did not like or I should avoid

also does anyone have the email address to request room assignments

When do we think the next declaration will be coming? Had to switch summer plans so in a split stay right now.

It will be our 1st time staying at riviera I am trying to put in a room request and thinking about where I should select. are there any areas of the hotel you did not like or I should avoid

also does anyone have the email address to request room assignments
Will you have Standard view or Preferred view? That affects the requests you could make, e.g. some Standard view villas have excellent views of Epcot fireworks.

Are you staying on points (DVC owner yourself or renting)? If so, requests need to be submitted to MS by the DVC owner, via chat or email via the member website or via phone. If staying on a cash reservation made through Disney, you need to call the reservations line to have the request added to your reservation record. You might be able to make a request via chat; I’m not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter