The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

I was looking at the guaranteed week charts from 2020 and the week I'm interested in was only 130 points, It's 153 now! That particular week also costs 130 and 139 points for 2022 and 2023, respectively.

DVC finally clued in to the flaw of keeping a static opening year FW chart and corrected it. Can't leave money on the table right!?

Our thought process on getting the guaranteed week is two-fold. First, we'd like to have a guaranteed studio as a means of future proofing if it becomes a copper creek like situation where it's hard to get in at 11 months in November.

I didn't buy CCV for this reason. Flirted with a FW there but if we cancelled availablity would still be an issue. RVA has more studio availability. I dont think RVA will be like CCV for the reason above. Yes, standard views are in demand but there are other options if you miss out. I am more comfortable with RVA v CCV. If you are happy to be online right at 8am 11 months out you should be relatively okay with RVA standard studio most times.

Second, we also want to an exit strategy and see a guaranteed week contract as being more marketable (although not sure how marketable it'd be in the future if there's that big of a point gap between the guaranteed week and the point cost for that week). But in reality, we'll most likely cancel the reservation most years and use our total pool of points to book a 1BRs or higher for the space.

I see limited evidence that a FW adds any notable resale value or makes the contract more appealing. This gets thrown around on the Disboards every so often but I just dont think there's data to support it.

Seems like you don't need the Standard View Studio in the first place.

Does any of this make sense? We plan on adding 250 points total so the higher point requirement for the fixed week won't really matter if we cancel the guaranteed reservation and book something else. I'm just wondering if we'll be cancelling it every year to book a different room type (and sometimes rebooking that studio if the point cost is lower than 153 pts), is it even worth getting?

I wouldn't.

I was a big supporter of fixed weeks until the renewed point chart. I can't see how you'd ever come out ahead. Disney wins and has ensured that they do.

We bought our FW before the resort opened in anticipation that the point chart would increase for the fall season. 130 points was WITH the 10% premium! We came out ahead and don't have the annoyance of trying to get a standard studio. But we aim to use it. It was worth it in 2019 but if I was buying now? I'd just purchase floating points. The premium Disney has placed on FW is poor value and prohibitive.

DVC finally clued in to the flaw of keeping a static opening year FW chart and corrected it. Can't leave money on the table right!?

I didn't buy CCV for this reason. Flirted with a FW there but if we cancelled availablity would still be an issue. RVA has more studio availability. I dont think RVA will be like CCV for the reason above. Yes, standard views are in demand but there are other options if you miss out. I am more comfortable with RVA v CCV. If you are happy to be online right at 8am 11 months out you should be relatively okay with RVA standard studio most times.

I see limited evidence that a FW adds any notable resale value or makes the contract more appealing. This gets thrown around on the Disboards every so often but I just dont think there's data to support it.

Seems like you don't need the Standard View Studio in the first place.

I wouldn't.

I was a big supporter of fixed weeks until the renewed point chart. I can't see how you'd ever come out ahead. Disney wins and has ensured that they do.

We bought our FW before the resort opened in anticipation that the point chart would increase for the fall season. 130 points was WITH the 10% premium! We came out ahead and don't have the annoyance of trying to get a standard studio. But we aim to use it. It was worth it in 2019 but if I was buying now? I'd just purchase floating points. The premium Disney has placed on FW is poor value and prohibitive.
Appreciate the detailed response! The new FW charts are new right as of this year? I wish we had bought the FW back in Nov when we first added on RIV points. Oh well.

I was looking at the guaranteed week charts from 2020 and the week I'm interested in was only 130 points, It's 153 now! That particular week also costs 130 and 139 points for 2022 and 2023, respectively. Our thought process on getting the guaranteed week is two-fold. First, we'd like to have a guaranteed studio as a means of future proofing if it becomes a copper creek like situation where it's hard to get in at 11 months in November. Second, we also want to an exit strategy and see a guaranteed week contract as being more marketable (although not sure how marketable it'd be in the future if there's that big of a point gap between the guaranteed week and the point cost for that week). But in reality, we'll most likely cancel the reservation most years and use our total pool of points to book a 1BRs or higher for the space. I could see us downgrading to a studio for a couple years when our kids are 4-10 and then again when they won't want to come down with us.

Does any of this make sense? We plan on adding 250 points total so the higher point requirement for the fixed week won't really matter if we cancel the guaranteed reservation and book something else. I'm just wondering if we'll be cancelling it every year to book a different room type (and sometimes rebooking that studio if the point cost is lower than 153 pts), is it even worth getting?

As long as you are planning to buy more points than the fixed week, trying to get a fixed week always makes sense, in my opinion. You are only spending the 10% premium if you use the fixed week. If you don't use the fixed week, they revert to points. Heck, even if you cancel and rebook the same fixed week with your points, you get 10% back to use.

Fixed weeks may not be worth a premium on the resale market, but we got ours in case availability dwindles due to the resale restrictions. And it might very well be an over reaction since we don't know how these resale restrictions will affect the future. But if we decide to sell, we can always advertise it as "look... you have XXX amount of points to use, and always guaranteed a standard studio during week XX." If I'm selling, it's most likely because "life" happened. So, we're hoping for it to sell faster at at the higher end of the range.

I was looking at the guaranteed week charts from 2020 and the week I'm interested in was only 130 points, It's 153 now! That particular week also costs 130 and 139 points for 2022 and 2023, respectively. Our thought process on getting the guaranteed week is two-fold. First, we'd like to have a guaranteed studio as a means of future proofing if it becomes a copper creek like situation where it's hard to get in at 11 months in November. Second, we also want to an exit strategy and see a guaranteed week contract as being more marketable (although not sure how marketable it'd be in the future if there's that big of a point gap between the guaranteed week and the point cost for that week). But in reality, we'll most likely cancel the reservation most years and use our total pool of points to book a 1BRs or higher for the space. I could see us downgrading to a studio for a couple years when our kids are 4-10 and then again when they won't want to come down with us.

Honestly, I don't think it is anymore. The charts have been adjusted well for the fall and the chances of them changes tremendously more in the future, IMO, is slim. So, if the GW is now 153 and the actual room is only 130 to 139, I don't see it being more valuable, but less, in terms of resale strategy.

As long as you are planning to buy more points than the fixed week, trying to get a fixed week always makes sense, in my opinion. You are only spending the 10% premium if you use the fixed week. If you don't use the fixed week, they revert to points. Heck, even if you cancel and rebook the same fixed week with your points, you get 10% back to use.

Fixed weeks may not be worth a premium on the resale market, but we got ours in case availability dwindles due to the resale restrictions. And it might very well be an over reaction since we don't know how these resale restrictions will affect the future. But if we decide to sell, we can always advertise it as "look... you have XXX amount of points to use, and always guaranteed a standard studio during week XX." If I'm selling, it's most likely because "life" happened. So, we're hoping for it to sell faster at at the higher end of the range.
I agree with you here. Either the resale restrictions will affect resale value in the future - in which a FW will likely be sold at a premium, since a resale buyer (IMO) would likely want a guaranteed booking if they can only book at RIV, especially if availability dwindles - OR - resale restrictions won't overly affect RIV resale value, so it won't matter anyway. Either way, a FW seems like the better product to hold, come resale time.

Having said that, I probably wouldn't have bought a FW, either, if I hadn't bought prior to the change to "favorite weeks". The point chart just doesn't seem worth it now.

I agree with you here. Either the resale restrictions will affect resale value in the future - in which a FW will likely be sold at a premium, since a resale buyer (IMO) would likely want a guaranteed booking if they can only book at RIV, especially if availability dwindles - OR - resale restrictions won't overly affect RIV resale value, so it won't matter anyway. Either way, a FW seems like the better product to hold, come resale time.

I completely understand the logic behind this. When I purchased RVA FW I thought along the same lines, however, there isn't evidence for it. I'll give you an example. I've wanted a FW at VGF. Its small, hard to get a standard studio, walked, and used to book
right at 11 months (sounds familiar). I've seen a few FW contracts at VGF on the resale market the past several years. They. Don't. Move. Fast. The week I wanted actually came up (but I went and bought VGC so didn't buy it). The bloody listing taunted me for weeks. I am not sure the resale market has a firm understanding of FW.

Appreciate the detailed response! The new FW charts are new right as of this year? I wish we had bought the FW back in Nov when we first added on RIV points. Oh well.
I have week 48 in a standard studio from before the change. It was 120 pts and we bought another 130 pt contract at the same time to get the better ppp incentive. This was back when the resort first opened. I haven't used the week yet because we keep booking 1BRs, lol. I do slightly regret not making the 130 floating point contract a second FW, since, why not. But my bigger regret is not making it all one contract and buying the same week but as a 1BR since I'm in love with the 1BRs, lol. I know, better to split in case we decide to sell down the line. Hard to think about that rn because we just love the resort. And that would have locked us in at a great rate for a unit size we're actually using.

Anyway, if I were buying again now, I think I might still do something similar despite the change in point requirements. 48 years is a long time and who knows what will happen, maybe the Fall gets even busier and points go up more. I know, slim chance, but I don't see the downside of having it. I don't think it helps much in the resale market, but I'm not sure there's evidence that it hurts, either. I just think, if you're splitting the point purchase anyway, better to have it and not need it than the other way around.

But of course, don't buy more points than you were planning to just to get the FW.

I know this is off-topic, but does anyone know why my RIV banner isn't working after the update? I see that other poster's RIV banner is working. Thanks...

Is the terrace at Topolino’s only for those with reservations at the restaurant? Or can you bring a drink or pastry from La Petite Cafe or Primo and sit on the terrace with it? Is it only for before at after your meal, or can you enjoy it when the restaurant isn’t open?

Last edited:
Is the terrace at Topolino’s only for those with reservations at the restaurant? Or can you bring a drink or pastry from La Petite Cafe or Primo and sit on the terrace with it? Is it only for before at after your meal, or can you enjoy it when the restaurant isn’t open?
You can go up to the outdoor terrace without a reservation but not allowed to bring food or drink up there. We were just there last week.
I believe you can only go there when restaurant is open.

Finally checking into my 2nd home resort RVA this November - 10 nights in Studio Standard view. Any recommendations for room requests for RVA studio standard view? Thanks!

Finally checking into my 2nd home resort RVA this November - 10 nights in Studio Standard view. Any recommendations for room requests for RVA studio standard view? Thanks!
Welcome home! Your request depends what you want to look at. On the first page of this thread, you will see a room map the details SV and PV. Take a look and then message member services. We have had luck asking for "high floor and a room ending in XX" or "high floor and near east/west elevator bank".

For those of you who have been recently, just wondering what time your room was ready? We have a standard view studio booked for only one night at the end of the month. I know I should not expect it before 4:00 but when we went last July, our room (at AKV) wasn't ready until well after 5:00, and I know we were not the only ones. I think it was at least partially related to the staffing shortage, so I'm really hoping things have changed! Our flight arrives really early so it could be a long day without a room!

For those of you who have been recently, just wondering what time your room was ready? We have a standard view studio booked for only one night at the end of the month. I know I should not expect it before 4:00 but when we went last July, our room (at AKV) wasn't ready until well after 5:00, and I know we were not the only ones. I think it was at least partially related to the staffing shortage, so I'm really hoping things have changed! Our flight arrives really early so it could be a long day without a room!

We had rooms ready by 2PM in both December and April (I know its not that recent). If your room is late, they will obviously hold your luggage. I would also note that the restrooms around behind Bar Riva are really nice and have a shower in case you want to spend the day w/o a room but at the pool.

We had rooms ready by 2PM in both December and April (I know its not that recent). If your room is late, they will obviously hold your luggage. I would also note that the restrooms around behind Bar Riva are really nice and have a shower in case you want to spend the day w/o a room but at the pool.
That's good to know! Thanks!

Hi, Everyone! Just spent the last month with Covid, costuming a musical and going to Disney so sorry I got behind with posting. Disney was a great trip, as always. We took my dad and his wife on their first trip ever to Disney World! They loved it. It was a little hot and my dad using the ECV was an adjustment. If anyone has any Skyliner ECV questions, I can help with those.
Riviera really makes everything so easy. I'll post more about the trip with some pics.

Yes, that would be great. Thank you!! 😄
Added! Welcome Home and post about your trip!
Please add to Be Our Guest - can't wait for another stay at home #1!

UrsulaWantsYourSoul & javaduck: July 04-08, 2-Bedroom PV (2022)

(staying 3 nights before that at Copper Creek - yay for split stays!)
Added! I'm posting the night before your trip! Hope you're packed and ready for the best time!

I'm sure this won't stay up for long on YouTube but here's a little slideshow I made for you cuties:

Happy Memorial Day
How beautiful. We love Riviera so much. It's hard to look at pics and not want to be there.

I was able to grab a 2-BR Standard View for 12/10/2022 to 12/17/2022. Very excited to stay here, it will be our first. Love the info you have here. Very much appreciated.
Great score! Congrats! Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest List (page 1)?

How many direct points do you own at Riv, and how many would you recommend knowing what you know now? I was thinking of getting 150, but with the current incentives 175 or 200 is tempting. I would like to go week once a year in the winter or early spring most likely with my small family of 3 and also have the ability to sleep the grandparents as well.
We bought 150, then we added 50, then we added another 100. I am going to have to do a cash stay or rent points this year. It's never enough. Lol. I'd go as big as you feel comfortable going. We have 3 and the 1-bedroom is just too tempting.

Staying July 29- August 8 Deluxe Studio SV - First trip Home
Welcome Home, neighbor! Congrats!! Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest List (page 1)?

We just bought 100 direct Rivera points yesterday. The current promotion was more than I could take. Previously only owned at SSR. Very excited, as we needed mode points. Moved to FL last January and can now go when ever we want. I've been waiting and waiting to make a decision and finally pulled the trigger.
Congrats and Welcome Home! It's so nice to have priority booking at RR!
Congrats and Welcome Home! Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest List (page 1)? I really simplified my requests this past trip. I tried to just focus on the thing that was most important to me and I got my requests both places I made them. Things that might be important to you that are available in standard view are: high floor, low floor, near elevators, central location, west wing (to be near Skyliner) or east wing (to be near Primo Piatto and buses etc) although neither wing is very far and the 2 sets of elevators are in the respective wings but both fairly central, spaceship earth view, fireworks view.

We had mixed luck this past trip. It really depends on the day. I would pack a bag with whatever you need to head out for the day (pool or park gear or whatever) that's easy accessible. There are bathrooms you can change in if needed and Bell Services will store anything you need. I think they try to accommodate people arriving earlier, but if it's a big turnover day, it could be later.

Oo yes - look forward to your report about ECVs! Taking my parents in Feb and they may go that route. Glad you’re past Covid - it’s coming for us all eventually just nice we are spreading it out over time. Appreciate your work on this thread creating community for our home! Checking in to Riviera today - let me know if anyone wants any current info (shopping, events, etc). Visiting WDW in the summer equals hot but I’m loving it - the thunderstorms cool it off and if you pack a poncho you’re golden!

Hi, Everyone! Just spent the last month with Covid, costuming a musical and going to Disney so sorry I got behind with posting. Disney was a great trip, as always. We took my dad and his wife on their first trip ever to Disney World! They loved it. It was a little hot and my dad using the ECV was an adjustment. If anyone has any Skyliner ECV questions, I can help with those.
Riviera really makes everything so easy. I'll post more about the trip with some pics.

Added! Welcome Home and post about your trip!

Added! I'm posting the night before your trip! Hope you're packed and ready for the best time!

How beautiful. We love Riviera so much. It's hard to look at pics and not want to be there.

Great score! Congrats! Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest List (page 1)?

We bought 150, then we added 50, then we added another 100. I am going to have to do a cash stay or rent points this year. It's never enough. Lol. I'd go as big as you feel comfortable going. We have 3 and the 1-bedroom is just too tempting.

Welcome Home, neighbor! Congrats!! Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest List (page 1)?

Congrats and Welcome Home! It's so nice to have priority booking at RR!

Congrats and Welcome Home! Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest List (page 1)? I really simplified my requests this past trip. I tried to just focus on the thing that was most important to me and I got my requests both places I made them. Things that might be important to you that are available in standard view are: high floor, low floor, near elevators, central location, west wing (to be near Skyliner) or east wing (to be near Primo Piatto and buses etc) although neither wing is very far and the 2 sets of elevators are in the respective wings but both fairly central, spaceship earth view, fireworks view.

We had mixed luck this past trip. It really depends on the day. I would pack a bag with whatever you need to head out for the day (pool or park gear or whatever) that's easy accessible. There are bathrooms you can change in if needed and Bell Services will store anything you need. I think they try to accommodate people arriving earlier, but if it's a big turnover day, it could be later.
We’ll be in a deluxe studio Jan 22 - 28, 2023! Please add us to the list. It’ll be our first trip to the Riviera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter