The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Riviera has been my #1 bucket list Disney resort for awhile. A (very very expensive) room happened to open up for my December trip, so I grabbed it. Now I'm hoping for some room request suggestions to make the most of my trip. We've got a Deluxe Studio - Preferred View. I'm going to poke around on the Touring Plans room finder website, but was hoping for suggestions from the Riviera experts here! If it helps, here's the Preferred Studios on a random floor (floor 7) for reference -

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 1.05.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 1.05.31 PM.png
    260.2 KB · Views: 32
Riviera has been my #1 bucket list Disney resort for awhile. A (very very expensive) room happened to open up for my December trip, so I grabbed it. Now I'm hoping for some room request suggestions to make the most of my trip. We've got a Deluxe Studio - Preferred View. I'm going to poke around on the Touring Plans room finder website, but was hoping for suggestions from the Riviera experts here! If it helps, here's the Preferred Studios on a random floor (floor 7) for reference -
We had an amazing view of Epcot and MK fireworks from our 1br SV top floor all the way next to the Tower studios. Facing NW but not facing the Skyliner.

Laundry room question, I am not a DVC owner nor am I renting points. I booked a studios room thru Disney. Can I use the laundry room or is it locked. I tried using the laundry at AKL and it was for DVC owners only.

For Preferred View, we request higher floor rooms directly facing the lake. These would be the rooms directly upstairs from the lobby. So the two Preferred studios in the middle (side-by-side) of your attachment would be what we would recommend.

Staying next week with sone coffee drinkers. Anyone know if I should add coffee filters to my shopping list or is there a filter built in to the coffee maker? Thank you 😊

Staying next week with sone coffee drinkers. Anyone know if I should add coffee filters to my shopping list or is there a filter built in to the coffee maker? Thank you 😊

If you choose to use the supplied Joffrey coffee, they are already pre-sealed in a filter pod, so no filters needed. If you're bringing your own ground coffee, then you'll need filters. The coffee makers in the 1BR uses the 10-person cone-shaped filters.

After a disappointing and expensive view on the side of the east tower, we request a room facing the lake and/or the pools. With that general a request, we have gotten lovely views.

Hi!! I'm one week away from my first stay at the Riviera! I'm usually a Pop/AoA person, but I got FOMO passting the RIV on my many skyliner trips, so this trip I rented points from some gracious fellow Dis-ers. One day I hope to be in a position to join you all as an owner!

I have a few questions regarding rope drop strategy that I was hoping you could shed some light on, since I take my rope dropping very seriously (as seriously as you can take something like that, anyway lol).

Okay, here goes:

1. MK/AK - I usually line up for bus transportation 90 minutes before Early Entry, as is recommended elsewhere on the boards. Is that still the case at the Riviera?

2. HS - I plan to convince my friend to walk to the CBR skyliner station to get directly on the HS route, rather than waiting at the Riviera and then also waiting in any line that might be at the hub. Again, the plan is to get the CBR station 90 minutes before EE. Sound correct?

3. Epcot - Is there any reason to walk to CBR hub to rope drop Epcot? It obviouly sounds counterintuitive, but I wasn't sure if they send full cabins from the CBR station, leaving you to wait for a cabin that has room. Do they keep some cabins open for people hopping on at the Riviera? I can't remember what the protocol is.

Let me know if you have any other tips or recommendations for a first timer at the resort. Thank you!

QUOTE="maggnanimouse, post: 64395681, member: 675654"]
I take my rope dropping very seriously (as seriously as you can take something like that, anyway lol).
[/QUOTE]
🤩 I can’t wait to hear the answers because I’ve stayed At Riviera four times in the last two years and I don’t think I took the Skyliner to my first park, So cannot answer these questions. I already told my family they’re walking to the Caribbean Beach!!!

Hi!! I'm one week away from my first stay at the Riviera! I'm usually a Pop/AoA person, but I got FOMO passting the RIV on my many skyliner trips, so this trip I rented points from some gracious fellow Dis-ers. One day I hope to be in a position to join you all as an owner!

I have a few questions regarding rope drop strategy that I was hoping you could shed some light on, since I take my rope dropping very seriously (as seriously as you can take something like that, anyway lol).

Okay, here goes:

1. MK/AK - I usually line up for bus transportation 90 minutes before Early Entry, as is recommended elsewhere on the boards. Is that still the case at the Riviera?

2. HS - I plan to convince my friend to walk to the CBR skyliner station to get directly on the HS route, rather than waiting at the Riviera and then also waiting in any line that might be at the hub. Again, the plan is to get the CBR station 90 minutes before EE. Sound correct?

3. Epcot - Is there any reason to walk to CBR hub to rope drop Epcot? It obviouly sounds counterintuitive, but I wasn't sure if they send full cabins from the CBR station, leaving you to wait for a cabin that has room. Do they keep some cabins open for people hopping on at the Riviera? I can't remember what the protocol is.

Let me know if you have any other tips or recommendations for a first timer at the resort. Thank you!
When we first stayed at Riviera right after Star Wars Land opened and we hit a major line at the transfer station. I was later told that they allow a certain amount of gondola cars to skip the line if they are in the first arriving Gondolas from Riviera. I think they said the first 10 Gondolas. Never tried it though, we get to the Gondola early and usually there is no wait if we want to rope drop. I think as long as you get there early there is not much waiting to either park. I would talk to the people at the front desk and the Skyliner folks beforehand.

Okay, here goes:

Okay, here goes:

We just returned last week from RIV and we just used the RIV skyliner to go to HS & Epcot rope drop. No need to walk to CBR. We encountered no lines at the hub to go to HS for rope drop.

MK & AK bus did run 90 minutes before EE.

RIV is our favorite resort.

Laundry room question, I am not a DVC owner nor am I renting points. I booked a studios room thru Disney. Can I use the laundry room or is it locked. I tried using the laundry at AKL and it was for DVC owners only.
We just returned from Riviera last night. I used the laundry room yesterday, Oct 29, and it is not a locked door. Laundry room is on 4th floor on east wing/Topolinos side of property. There were 3 washers and 6 dryers (no charge). Riviera provides a free bottle of detergent in room and there is a vending machine for additional products (dryer sheets and detergent). Enjoy your stay!

We just returned from Riviera last night. I used the laundry room yesterday, Oct 29, and it is not a locked door. Laundry room is on 4th floor on east wing/Topolinos side of property. There were 3 washers and 6 dryers (no charge). Riviera provides a free bottle of detergent in room and there is a vending machine for additional products (dryer sheets and detergent). Enjoy your stay!
Thanks

Okay, here goes:

1. I agree. The busses start running around 90 minutes early.

2. I think this is best way to get to DHS if you want to be first in. Plus, its really a nice walk.

3. Absolutely no need to go to CBR. There will be open cabins and they are filling cabins that have only a few people. The line will move fast.

Okay, here goes:

In the MDE app, you can hit the 3 horizontal lines in the bottom right, then go to Resort Hotel, then "See Bus Times" to show estimated arrival times for the buses in route. I learned that on my last trip to Riv, and it helped us plan to get from our room to the bus stop in time. I think it also works for when you're at MK or DAK and returning to Riv.

We had no problem starting at the Riv Skyliner station when going to either DHS or Epcot. The transfer at CBR to get to DHS wasn't too bad, and the lines moved quickly.

I missed this last ask. I would highly recommend scheduling time to say at the resort. We love the pool and the gelato cart that comes with it. We love the drinks and bartenders at Bar Riva. If you can get into Topolino's, its 100% worth it.

Anyone else get stuck when the gondola's stop running? I went over to Beach Club to look at the DVC merch. Then the gondola's shut down due to weather. Didn't have a park pass to cut through EPCOT to catch a bus. So, just killed an hour on the boardwalk, but it was a pain. Any advice next time?

Anyone else get stuck when the gondola's stop running? I went over to Beach Club to look at the DVC merch. Then the gondola's shut down due to weather. Didn't have a park pass to cut through EPCOT to catch a bus. So, just killed an hour on the boardwalk, but it was a pain. Any advice next time?
Walk to DHS and catch a bus?

When the skyliner goes down due to weather they run a Skyliner bus between skyliner resorts. It goes Beach Club -> AoA -> Pop -> Caribbean -> Riviera and then back to Beach Club.

ETA: This is advertised near the International Gateway exit of Epcot and I would imagine there should be signs at the skyliner station as well (but can't remember).

Good call. I thought it would have been faster to wait (although it was a long wait) They started running the gondola but it was empty for a good 30 min.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter