The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

I put in 7am check in time. But now I’m wondering if I should have put in 5 or 6am. 😅 If they make us wait until 4pm on opening day I’d be so sad! Let’s see how jet lag I’ll be since I’ll be adjusting from Aulani.

We're staying at the Westin the night before and transferring over to VDH. We have a standard view deluxe studio and will definitely share photos. Planning to drop our bags on the way to the park and come back around noon to see if the room is ready. Doing OBB that night so a full day of fun firsts for us as we're normally WDW DVC!

View attachment 796724
Hey Cuties! Please make note of your room number, category and take a few photos out of your window if your don’t mind. I’ll be making a VDH room views document here so people can see what the view is from different rooms at the resort. Thanks in advance for contributing! 3 more days!!
You rock Ursula!!!

Even opening day though?
There is a lot of pressure for everything to be perfect because of the impact of vloggers and social media. Negative news drives clicks and they will want to minimize that if at all possible.

As with any new construction, there are probably a bunch of small things they uncovered in the cast preview that they are scurrying to fix before they press the “send people a notification that there room is ready” button. That is not only in the rooms, but the lobby/conference room/pool area, etc.

They also won’t want everyone trying to use the lobby and elevator at the same time and will most likely stagger the arrival times.

So, while you very well COULD get a notification that you room is ready before 4pm… I personally wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Then, if you do get a notification at noon…. you will be pleasantly surprised instead of just having your expectation met.

We are in the same boat. they can't claim the room is not ready. I assume we will get there about 10, thinking big lines if we go too early
Sure they can. We showed up at 7a when the resort studios opened at VGF and not a single room was ready because they were still finishing up landscaping around the building and finishing small items in the rooms. We got in around 1:30p.

Sure they can. We showed up at 7a when the resort studios opened at VGF and not a single room was ready because they were still finishing up landscaping around the building and finishing small items in the rooms. We got in around 1:30p.
This is what I wanted to know. Thanks for sharing. I guess worst case scenario is I hang out at Disneyland 😅 Also if anyone has any info if hotel guests might be invited to the ceremony versus streaming from say..Tangaroa Terrace, please share!

Some screen grabs from the video of new content.

Attachments

• IMG_6388.jpeg
    IMG_6388.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6387.jpeg
    IMG_6387.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6386.jpeg
    IMG_6386.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6385.jpeg
    IMG_6385.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6384.jpeg
    IMG_6384.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6381.jpeg
    IMG_6381.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6379.jpeg
    IMG_6379.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6378.jpeg
    IMG_6378.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6377.jpeg
    IMG_6377.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6389.jpeg
    IMG_6389.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 14
This is what I wanted to know. Thanks for sharing. I guess worst case scenario is I hang out at Disneyland 😅 Also if anyone has any info if hotel guests might be invited to the ceremony versus streaming from say..Tangaroa Terrace, please share!
Enjoy the opening weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed our time "opening" up the VGF Resort Studios. We will make our first visit to VDH in June for 9 nights -- the first 3 in a duo studio and the last 6 in a deluxe studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter