The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Didn’t it snow in March this year 😳
No. It never really "snows" in Anaheim. We'll get what is actually a very rare and occasional light dusting of hail or maybe some sleet, but it never sticks (as in it's gone in an hour or so) and it's a real rarity (like once in a decade maybe for the sleet, and once or twice a year for hail). We'll occasionally see a dusting of actual snow at the top of the local Santa Ana mountains, but that doesn't last long either. Any snow is in the larger San Gabriel and San Bernardino Mountains, further away.

I'd expect mid to high 60's to low 70's (F) in March.

No. It never really "snows" in Anaheim. We'll get what is actually a very rare and occasional light dusting of hail or maybe some sleet, but it never sticks (as in it's gone in an hour or so) and it's a real rarity (like once in a decade maybe for the sleet, and once or twice a year for hail). We'll occasionally see a dusting of actual snow at the top of the local Santa Ana mountains, but that doesn't last long either. Any snow is in the larger San Gabriel and San Bernardino Mountains, further away.

I'd expect mid to high 60's to low 70's (F) in March.
I believe there have been 3 recorded snowfalls at Disneyland…in 65+ years. Two were before Walt died, the third was this year. None stuck.

I believe there have been 3 recorded snowfalls at Disneyland…in 65+ years. Two were before Walt died, the third was this year. None stuck.
Grew up in Anaheim, spent my first 35 years there, and the last 24 right here next door in Yorba Linda. Around here, even a thunder storm gets people opening their doors and looking outside.

I haven't spotted any information about whether the studio refrigerators will have a freezer section. Has there been any specific statement about that? (Or can someone include that topic in an opening day photo/video shoot?)

These are from today. They’re working on your grand villa @NVDISFamily 😍 Also looks like some of the Tiana deluxe studios are determined. What I really wanted to look at are the duo rooms with the supposed balconies but those are all in the back. 32 more days!

Attachments

• IMG_7569.jpeg
    IMG_7569.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7568.jpeg
    IMG_7568.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 27
Update on our stay... my waitlist for Jan 16-17th came through so we released our garden studio back into the pool (hopefully it makes someone's waitlist). I was beyond shocked that my waitlist came through.... so there is still hope my friends for rundisney weekend :) Our stay is now Jan12-17 one bedroom.

Adding to my list of "possibly-obscure/weird-but-important-to-me" questions for those documenting opening day: Do the storage ottomans stack? How tall are they? Do they fit under the nightstands?
My ask is not obscure and I know it’s on everyone’s radar, but I need to know what kind of coffee maker/filter they will have. It’s reallllllly important to me! A picture zoomed in on that filter….please 🤣

Adding to my list of "possibly-obscure/weird-but-important-to-me" questions for those documenting opening day: Do the storage ottomans stack? How tall are they? Do they fit under the nightstands?
I don’t know about VDH but at the Riviera Towers I have them just on the side of the bed when I have the Murphy bed down. They were too tall to stay under the bed. Riviera also built in table to one side and your kitchenette to the other side of the bed so couldn’t fit them there. Didn’t try to stack them because I recall they were pretty heavy.

My ask is not obscure and I know it’s on everyone’s radar, but I need to know what kind of coffee maker/filter they will have. It’s reallllllly important to me! A picture zoomed in on that filter….please 🤣
Might depend on room size. In some resorts they have different machines in the larger villas vs the studios. Never stayed in a VGC studio and our first stay at VDH will be in a studio. In the larger VGC villas they have the Joffrey's packets you can put into the drip machine. We like to use two when making a larger pot of coffee in the AM.

Might depend on room size. In some resorts they have different machines in the larger villas vs the studios. Never stayed in a VGC studio and our first stay at VDH will be in a studio. In the larger VGC villas they have the Joffrey's packets you can put into the drip machine. We like to use two when making a larger pot of coffee in the AM.
Agreed. I stayed in a 1 bedroom at VGC in May and had a drip machine. In the VGF resort studio, I had a Keurig machine and got totally thrown off. I don’t know what to expect with the new VDH studios but I do like to be prepared & bring my own coffee/filters/cups. My DH is an early riser & usually wakes before most coffee places are open. But I selfishly need good coffee (definition debatable amongst everyone) to be able to rope drop. 🥱

Agreed. I stayed in a 1 bedroom at VGC in May and had a drip machine. In the VGF resort studio, I had a Keurig machine and got totally thrown off. I don’t know what to expect with the new VDH studios but I do like to be prepared & bring my own coffee/filters/cups. My DH is an early riser & usually wakes before most coffee places are open. But I selfishly need good coffee (definition debatable amongst everyone) to be able to rope drop. 🥱
Although I do like good stuff I’ll drink just about any coffee as it’s mostly caffeine/fuel and it tasting good is a bonus. For longer trips I do consider packing my little Nespresso machine. Just surviving is fine by me as long as I get my free strong double americano in the lounge at least a few times each visit.

Looks like W31 has a few favorite weeks in action already!

(1x) Standard View Deluxe Studio
(2x) 2-Bedroom

The SV Studio contract would be 184 points, and I've seen three 184pt contracts recorded in OCRW.

The 2BR contracts would be 518 points, but I haven't seen anything like that recorded yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter