• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Here’s hoping Anaheim approves it. I’m putting bets on at least one more DVC tower as part of it.
Apparently the $2.5 billion over 10 years came out of a workshop with Disney and the City Council so that’s a positive sign.

I’d bet on another hotel/dvc as well but probably not part of the rendering shown but in that other smaller area they have marked for development as well.

Disney commits 2.5 billion to Disneyland Theme Park Expansion over the next decade! VDH right in the middle with our own "theme park" entrance. Those nose in the air CGV owners can no longer claim "DLH is nice but it's SOO FAR, and you can just walk right out of your room and into GCA from GCV" ....just kidding....sorta...:P

https://www.ocregister.com/2024/01/...1felFa3c09p7k7JA_BkZYo0m4WOpLRgdmoT_IcADpsM38
Here’s hoping Anaheim approves it. I’m putting bets on at least one more DVC tower as part of it.
Does it specify DisneylandForward as the lot next to VDH, or is it maybe Toy Story or behind harbor or all of the above?

As for another tower I don’t think it will add more to DLH, but if they purchase GardenWalk it is already permitted for timeshare. ;)

I thought I read somewhere that DCA was about $1 billion 25ish years ago. But Disney missed the mark with the attractions and had to pour in another $1.5 billion. Will take a lot more dollars today for new development.

Cosmic Rewind cost an insane amount of money….some of which I read was attributed to construction starting than stopping due to the pandemic and the related supply side issues, but I don’t know what than impact was.

I think the expedition Everest previously held the title at a bit over $100 million.

Galaxys Edge cost about $1 Billion to build (for a cost on a recent “land”)

Last edited:
Is there a room finder tool for VDH (like Touring Plans for WDW)? If not, do you guys just call member services and request? We have 1BR pref view. I’m assuming the request would just be “high floor, fantasia” or are there other differences to consider?

Looks like @ehh has the best post. Consider moving this content to post #1 or #2.

Post in thread 'The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread'
https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...rs-and-fans-info-thread.3923658/post-65152758
I owe some updated versions!

I think we (collectively) have settled on even floor Deluxe Studios being Princess and the Frog themed, with odd floors being Sleeping Beauty themed. But I definitely need more guest reports of accessibility and tub features!

I also need to confirm the room numbers in the wing with rooms xx28 and higher. I should have a chance to do this in a future stay, but any sort of community assist would be greatly appreciated!

Anyway, here's floors 1-6, next post will be floors 7-12 due to max image rules on this forum.
VDH Floor Plan - Floor 1.png

VDH Floor Plan - Floor 2.png

VDH Floor Plan - Floor 3.png

VDH Floor Plan - Floor 4.png

VDH Floor Plan - Floor 5.png

VDH Floor Plan - Floor 6.png

Does it specify DisneylandForward as the lot next to VDH, or is it maybe Toy Story or behind harbor or all of the above?

As for another tower I don’t think it will add more to DLH, but if they purchase GardenWalk it is already permitted for timeshare. ;)
VDH is basically amongst it all, in this artist render that OC Register had:
1706068215456.png
(VDH tower circled in orange by me)

this should be added to posts in the beginning of the thread when we can confirm 100% it is accurate. I was always struggling to find the last version of this lost in this thread.

On Floor 2 The room in the back corner labeled as 0248 was room 0244 when i stayed there in early Jan, not sure if its the same of all of the rooms stacked on top of it.

Last edited:
View attachment 828195
No, I’m very familiar with where VDH is… I’m asking if they specified where the money would be spent.
1. In the lot next to VDH.
2. Across Harbor
3. Toy Story lot

I’m not familiar with Hyatt house location (we’ve only stayed onsite or Airbnb) but you can see on the map that I posted.
Hyatt is on the corner in the red circle.

Attachments

• IMG_2577.jpeg
    IMG_2577.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 17
No, I’m very familiar with where VDH is… I’m asking if they specified where the money would be spent.
2. Across Harbor
3. Toy Story lot

I thought they already mentioned hotel rooms in the Toy Story Development in the last few months

2. Across Harbor
3. Toy Story lot

I don't know if they've gotten that much into the weeds yet. So far what I saw was 1.9 Billion for Theme Parks and Hotels.

I thought they already mentioned hotel rooms in the Toy Story Development in the last few months
Who is “they” ?

There is a hotel at the GardenWalk that they can use and build onto or possible build new, but it is zoned* for timeshare.

*** I said permitted in my other post, and now I’m not sure if it is a permit or a zone. lol

View attachment 828195
Thanks for sharing Chili. I've seen this pic before. Gives a good sense of what's to come (hopefully).

What I find interesting every time I see this picture is all the water. I'm sure it won't be exactly like this but gives me the feeling that I'll need to hoop on a boat at VDH and ride around the whole DFoward park. Or maybe its going to be a giant lazy river with 2000 rafts! ; )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter