• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

0736…. Love these Sleeping Beauty Studios….. Standard View

Attachments

• IMG_1187.jpeg
    IMG_1187.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1192.jpeg
    IMG_1192.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1196.jpeg
    IMG_1196.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1195.jpeg
    IMG_1195.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1194.jpeg
    IMG_1194.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1189.jpeg
    IMG_1189.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1190.jpeg
    IMG_1190.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1188.jpeg
    IMG_1188.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1193.jpeg
    IMG_1193.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1186.jpeg
    IMG_1186.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 33

We are currently at the Disneyland villas discovery tower. No hot water for the bottom 3 floors and no hot water for the garden rooms. And they KNOW about this problem and have known since it has opened. They fix it, works for a week, then down for a month. I talked to the manger, Dan Coleman, and he laughed it off. Didn’t care. We asked why the didn’t tell guests before they checked in - he avoided the question.

They’ll move people to different rooms if they complain.

The new hot tub near the gardens hasn’t worked since opening. They know of this too, and also laugh it off. Dan Coleman said getting reliable contractors is tough. Really? That’s all you’ll say?

Only 1 of the 3 hot tubs is in operation, and the one open is always over crowded with 30-50 people. The Minnie one is down as it’s inside the construction zone for the monorail slides. It’s tough when you’ve been walking all day that you can’t get hot tub time.

Last edited:
Yeah… you really should take a tour when you come out…. I’m glad to have a bucket of points that work here…. Very different from Grand Cal…. but special in its own way….

We're hoping to get a quick tour...if our kid will tolerate it. At the very least, I hope we can see a room and just wander around on our own a little. I haven't actually wandered down towards the Disneyland Hotel is a decade or so.

We are currently at the Disneyland villas discovery tower. No hot water for the bottom 3 floors and no hot water for the garden rooms. And they KNOW about this problem and have known since it has opened. They fix it, works for a week, then down for a month. I talked to the manger, Dan Coleman, and he laughed it off. Didn’t care. We asked why the didn’t tell guests before they checked in - he avoided the question.

They’ll move people to different rooms if they complain.

The new hot tub near the gardens hasn’t worked since opening. They know of this too, and also laugh it off. Dan Coleman said getting reliable contractors is tough. Really? That’s all you’ll say?

Only 1 of the 3 hot tubs is in operation, and the one open is always over crowded with 30-50 people. The Minnie one is down as it’s inside the construction zone for the monorail slides. It’s tough when you’ve been walking all day that you can’t get hot tub time.

That's pretty awful...especially considering how expensive it is to stay there! I hope people keep complaining.

That's pretty awful...especially considering how expensive it is to stay there! I hope people keep complaining.
It IS pretty awful, and many people complained to Dan Coleman during a Wednesday, February 21 DVC meet and greet social hour at the VDH.

When I, along with others told him about the hot water issue, he smiled ear to ear and said that he feels our pain as much as we do. That he stayed here and dealt with it too, but it’s not a huge deal. He was ridiculous. He’s the general manger of the VDH, and he doesn’t give any Disney Magic vibes, just typical ignore the unwashed masses CEO vibe.

It IS pretty awful, and many people complained to Dan Coleman during a Wednesday, February 21 DVC meet and greet social hour at the VDH.

When I, along with others told him about the hot water issue, he smiled ear to ear and said that he feels our pain as much as we do. That he stayed here and dealt with it too, but it’s not a huge deal. He was ridiculous. He’s the general manger of the VDH, and he doesn’t give any Disney Magic vibes, just typical ignore the unwashed masses CEO vibe.
We stayed in a garden view duo late January and had this hot water issue. Best I could get was luke-warm water. I didn't complain but certainly wasn't motivated to buy points at VDH after this trip.

Drinks!

including a customized rum tasting….

Attachments

• IMG_1208.jpeg
    IMG_1208.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1207.jpeg
    IMG_1207.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1206.jpeg
    IMG_1206.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1204.jpeg
    IMG_1204.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1202.jpeg
    IMG_1202.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1201.jpeg
    IMG_1201.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1200.jpeg
    IMG_1200.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1199.jpeg
    IMG_1199.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 36
Scattered reports of lack of hot water or pressure in the VDH tower over the past few weeks -- anyone with any reported issues of this? Curious to see if systemic issue or just plain bad luck
It’s an issue they know about. I talked to the general manager, Dan Coleman, directly. There are 3 systems running the hotel. 1 of them that takes care of the bottom 3 floors and the garden units is failing by overheating and keeps being replaced. Then fails again.

I really wish they would let us know before checking in, or during check in. The water gets Luke warm, maybe to 60.

It’s an issue they know about. I talked to the general manager, Dan Coleman, directly. There are 3 systems running the hotel. 1 of them that takes care of the bottom 3 floors and the garden units is failing by overheating and keeps being replaced. Then fails again.

I really wish they would let us know before checking in, or during check in. The water gets Luke warm, maybe to 60.
You need to email DVC. Address to william.c.diercksen@disney.com (Bill Diercksen, VP) and to dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com. It’s ridiculous for the GM to respond in the way you’ve reported.

We were there early Feb. No issues on the 10th floor as well. Saw where you shared some pics Astro. Sharing some as well.
I am not a DVC owner, but came to this thread to ask about our lack of hot water experience to see if this was common. Then I see these last few posts. :(

We were on the 10th floor over the holiday weekend. There was hot water in the mornings, but not at night, once at 9pm and then a midnight the next night. I wish I had complained, but that's just not my style.

I do have a Garden Duo reserved mid-April for Food & Wine. (F&W is the only way I can get my non-Disney hubby to go with me.) If there isn't hot water that will be a pretty big issue for us. It sounds like this is pretty consistent issue with the Garden rooms. Plus I didn't realize the hot tub was not working for so long. Thought we just had back luck last week.

I may just book a different room. Maybe non-DVC tower? Or even GCH
Would love some perspective.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter