The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

We ate at The Lounge last night. They been having the live music a bit earlier 5-8pm range. It was open till about 10:30pm last night when we left. Still being off the App, it’s really a hidden gem to visit.
What did you order and did you like it?

I agree. It should be way more clear. And I find it exceedingly odd that so many are just cool with it.
Not necessarily cool with it-but it’s been a year of talking it to death so I think most of us have processed and moved on.

Back to programming…Made a booking here for August in a studio and I’m excited! We own at VGC but this is more of a last minute so weren’t getting in there. Four nights in a studio with our 14 year old son and his BFF-his first time getting to bring a friend. We would’ve booked earlier but they were planning to play high school football up until about a month ago when they changed their minds. Still feels pretty tentative as we are waiting to learn their sports schedules and my middle kiddo’s college decision to know whether we will be moving a kid in that week. I have an August use year so no problem cancelling.

My husband loves the look of the Grand and I love the location-and the TOT I wouldn’t do our normal 2 bedroom here (and probably could never get one) but it’ll be fun to try a stay there. The DLH is my favorite on property hotel-love the history and the vibe-so I’m so excited! And love the lower August point chart.

I agree. It should be way more clear. And I find it exceedingly odd that so many are just cool with it.
We’re cool with it, why? Because previously we were paying cash and the 15% tot for a 1 or 2 BR suite at DLH for 2-3 trips a year totalling 20ish days a year. Now we’re just paying the tot. And the VDH tot rate is less than the cash rate tot. That’s why we’re cool with it.

My waitlist came through and now I'll be going in August the week after the D23 event! Woohoo. This time I'll be taking my mother, who lives in FL and has been to WDW countless times, but has never been to the motherland. DH is going to have to hold down the fort at home while mom and I have fun, lol
We're staying in a standard studio. Will hardly be in the room so view didn't matter.

This will also have the added benefit of ceasing her comment of "well, I've never been to Disneyland," which she readily pulls out whenever we tell her about us going there (we go once every two years). I think I'll book some special tours like Walt's Apartment and stuff like that, she loves anything Walt Disney

We’re cool with it, why? Because previously we were paying cash and the 15% tot for a 1 or 2 BR suite at DLH for 2-3 trips a year totalling 20ish days a year. Now we’re just paying the tot. And the VDH tot rate is less than the cash rate tot. That’s why we’re cool with it.
Speaking of my mother, something else she always says: "life is a series of comparisons"
Very useful to help understand other peoples' DVC journeys

Speaking of my mother, something else she always says: "life is a series of comparisons"
Very useful to help understand other peoples' DVC journeys
We toured Walt’s apartment in February. Lovely tour both in the apartment and walking around parts of Main Street / Adventure Land. You’ll love it.

I wanna say Walt wanted to purchase land to build DL near his home in Burbank but it was to pricey. And with the Anaheim park location he did build, the drive back and forth each day was too much time out of his schedule. The apartment came in handy. I won’t share anymore and let you experience the tour first hand.

View from room #810, Preferred Studio:

IMG_1221.jpeg
IMG_1222.jpeg
IMG_1223.jpeg

As said above, plenty of hot water, both hot tubs working, great meal at Palm Breeze yesterday for lunch. Little staycation for a family member’s birthday. Monorail slide still down, but it looks like most of it is completed (replaced everything but the superstructure, refinished the pools and pool deck). New cabanas are complete and the Minnie hot tub is open for business.

View from room #810, Preferred Studio:

View attachment 843040
View attachment 843041
View attachment 843042

As said above, plenty of hot water, both hot tubs working, great meal at Palm Breeze yesterday for lunch. Little staycation for a family member’s birthday. Monorail slide still down, but it looks like most of it is completed (replaced everything but the superstructure, refinished the pools and pool deck). New cabanas are complete and the Minnie hot tub is open for business.
Enjoy seeing your photos Don. I remember a couple years ago when I was trying to get my head around the upcoming VDH development. You were kind enough to visit the location, take some pictures, and offer some initial thoughts on what might be.

Thanks for doing this both now and in the past.

Welcome home....

High rooms haven't had hot water problems.

You said 'both' hot tubs are open? There are 3 hot tubs. I guess the one in the main large pool in the center and the Minnie one is open. The DVC side hot tub is STILL not working?

You said 'both' hot tubs are open? There are 3 hot tubs. I guess the one in the main large pool in the center and the Minnie one is open. The DVC side hot tub is STILL not working?
The main hot tub never stopped working, and wasn't being worked on, so I wasn't addressing it. Pedantry notwithstanding.

To avoid any confusion, both hot tubs that were affected by construction are open and working just fine. The Minnie hot tub is part of the Monorail water slide and renovation of the south end of the main DLH pool deck (which was closed for months). That portion of the original pool deck initially re-opened with the new tower, but since then the Minnie hot tub has been closed/fenced off a number of times to allow for the construction of the new cabanas, reconstruction of the water slide, installation of additional concrete, etc. It is now fully open and operating. The DVC hot tub, which was also in question, is working just fine again too.

Last edited:

Was in a duo studio, checked out yesterday. Had plenty of hot water and used the Hot Tub. Had no issues. Hopefully the intermittent issues have been resolved

Apologies if this question has already been answered. Does bell service have refrigeration? In WDW if our room isn't ready we usually leave our groceries in the bell services cooler. Thanks

Apologies if this question has already been answered. Does bell service have refrigeration? In WDW if our room isn't ready we usually leave our groceries in the bell services cooler. Thanks
Yes….and no. I’ve heard both. I’d call bell services and inquire. I think they have some limited refrigeration. We’ve been told “no” I’ve also observed Bell services taking groceries to put in refrigeration. Could be it’s a space available take your chances thing.

Yes….and no. I’ve heard both. I’d call bell services and inquire. I think they have some limited refrigeration. We’ve been told “no” I’ve also observed Bell services taking groceries to put in refrigeration. Could be it’s a space available take your chances thing.
Interesting. Thank you for the information, I guess we'll be prepared either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter