*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

PS, can someone please note - the washer in villa 1609 has its hot and cold hookups reversed. So if you want a cold water wash put it on hot, and vice versa. “cool” is pretty hot. Warm is warm. 🤦‍♀️
Please report this so they can fix it. Otherwise they’ll never know.

We have a 1 bedroom, so it’s a blue headboard like on the 2 bedroom that was posted. We have a lower bed because we got an ADA room so no drawers, but I don’t think that is normal. My mom checks into a studio tomorrow so I will go check it out and post! I didn’t post many pics of our 1 bedroom because the layout is so different because they placed us in an ADA room.

Just wondering if you got any pics of the refreshed studio? I would love to see it!

I think the sofa folds flat to make a twin size bed like at Yacht and the Moana rooms at Poly.

Really hoping they have the fold down console for the twin bed with a cute graphic - that, and the TV in the mirror are such cool "adds" for the rooms. Fingers crossed - it's tough enough not to have something simple like a microwave and refrigerator that are available even in budget hotels offsite ...

P.S. I started another post under DVC Resorts too - New VGF Studio "Wishes" if anyone wants to add their 2 cents there ...

Last edited:
Really hoping they have the fold down console for the twin bed with a cute graphic - that, and the TV in the mirror are such cool "adds" for the rooms. Fingers crossed - it's tough enough not to have something simple like a microwave and refrigerator that are available even in budget hotels offsite ...

P.S. I started another post under DVC Resorts too - New VGF Studio "Wishes" if anyone wants to add their 2 cents there ...
They removed the TVs in the mirrors during the refurbishment of the existing villas. 😢

Just booked our 30th Anniversary trip in Aug to stay in a 2 bedroom with our adult kids and spouses. We are all very excited for our very first trip staying at VGF! Our home resort is SSR and we feel very lucky to have snagged this reservation. Thanks for everyone’s knowledge here, it will be 7 months of reading and excitement!

Sorry if this has been asked before, if we stay this summer in a 2 bedroom standard view, will the refurbishments be done by then? Thanks

Hello everyone,
I am not a GF owner, but it is our favorite resort. I have a question, probably won't like the answer, but here goes...
We are heading to DW in May for a split stay, special, celebratory, blow out trip. Would have loved to rent points, but we could not plan that far ahead. We are staying at GF (resort, not villas) May 12-17 (5 nights)--Swan for 5 nights after that. I have been scouring sites for confirmed reservations for rent for our dates, for possibly better rate and/or better room with no luck. Does anyone have any advice for trying to find a way to stay at the villas in May? With the current discount, we are paying 4k for 5 nights at GF (700/night plus tax and extra adult fee (for my college age son). Yikes that looks bad. It is not even so much the cost though--I think we would love to stay in a villa (studio or one br). Potentially I could even play with the dates, shorten the swan stay, reverse the order, etc. We are staying at swan with certificates/points, which allows us to splurge on the GF.
Should I give up on this dream, or just keep scouring? Thanks for taking the time to read!

Hello everyone,
I am not a GF owner, but it is our favorite resort. I have a question, probably won't like the answer, but here goes...
We are heading to DW in May for a split stay, special, celebratory, blow out trip. Would have loved to rent points, but we could not plan that far ahead. We are staying at GF (resort, not villas) May 12-17 (5 nights)--Swan for 5 nights after that. I have been scouring sites for confirmed reservations for rent for our dates, for possibly better rate and/or better room with no luck. Does anyone have any advice for trying to find a way to stay at the villas in May? With the current discount, we are paying 4k for 5 nights at GF (700/night plus tax and extra adult fee (for my college age son). Yikes that looks bad. It is not even so much the cost though--I think we would love to stay in a villa (studio or one br). Potentially I could even play with the dates, shorten the swan stay, reverse the order, etc. We are staying at swan with certificates/points, which allows us to splurge on the GF.
Should I give up on this dream, or just keep scouring? Thanks for taking the time to read!

It will always be needle in a haystack to get the exact dates in a confirmed reservation that you hope to replace. Of course it can happen but it's not easy especially for a small resort like VGF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter