• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

I'm not a huge plaid fan but I think I could have taken it better on the headboard than the carpet. :sad2:

I'm not a huge plaid fan but I think I could have taken it better on the headboard than the carpet. :sad2:

I'm not a plaid fancier at all. This doesn't look that bad to me, though.

Thanks much for the photo capture, DrGunnie. I appreciate the effort.

Good morning all! I wanted to share my Room Views from November, so I can add to Page 1.

Views from Room 1211, 2nd Floor, Standard view.

03826704-099A-4693-9B2B-C41A679ED1E6.jpeg

1A05FADA-E64C-4A68-A1C6-D66C652F8A9E.jpeg

6826E4E7-12F0-495E-9909-36B5C8788FD4.jpeg

4CC3612C-EB19-41EE-B674-D444077770D3.jpeg

Also, if anyone else has stayed recently (or will be staying in the future) and would like to share your room views to help out others, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Also wanted to note, I added the January Activity Schedule to Page 1 and would love to keep that updated monthly! If anyone will be there in the upcoming months, I truly appreciate it if you could take a picture of the activity schedule and share it here! Thanks so much!!!

Good morning all! I wanted to share my Room Views from November, so I can add to Page 1.

Views from Room 1211, 2nd Floor, Standard view.

View attachment 641271

View attachment 641267

View attachment 641269

View attachment 641270

Also, if anyone else has stayed recently (or will be staying in the future) and would like to share your room views to help out others, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Also wanted to note, I added the January Activity Schedule to Page 1 and would love to keep that updated monthly! If anyone will be there in the upcoming months, I truly appreciate it if you could take a picture of the activity schedule and share it here! Thanks so much!!!
Did you have a refurbished room? If so, do you have any pictures you can share?

Did you have a refurbished room? If so, do you have any pictures you can share?

Unfortunately no, they were just beginning the refurbishment when we got there. I had shared some in-progress refurb pictures during my stay starting HERE.

Last edited:
We can't decide between 2 connecting studios at poly or a 2 bedroom villa at GF. I saw the paging mr marrow video. And I see older videos and scrolled through here and saw refurbishment. We are planning to go next January for the marathon. Are all the 2 bedroom villas going to be exactly like the video or are some going to have that dated couch sofa bed still? And will all of them have 2x walk in showers?

We can't decide between 2 connecting studios at poly or a 2 bedroom villa at GF. I saw the paging mr marrow video. And I see older videos and scrolled through here and saw refurbishment. We are planning to go next January for the marathon. Are all the 2 bedroom villas going to be exactly like the video or are some going to have that dated couch sofa bed still? And will all of them have 2x walk in showers?
All rooms at both Poly and VGF have been refurbished. The studios all have a pull down Murphy bed instead of the pullout sofa bed now at both.
If you book a Lock-off 2 bedroom, then the second bedroom will be a studio with a queen bed and the Murphy bed (as well as the little pull down bed under the TV). If you book a dedicated 2 bedroom, then you will have two actual beds.

I did a quick search because I do recall seeing those plaid headboards and it is the same headboard as seen on DVC Fan prior to refurb HERE… not sure the reason for two versions?View attachment 640398
They did whatever was cheaper it seems. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I actually didn’t like the plaid in the renderings. But once I saw a 2 bedroom (via PMM) I liked the plaid. Sorta disappointed it’s not in all the studios. Bizarre for the rooms not to match.

I still think the 2 person couch in the 1 & 2 bedrooms looks silly. The renderings were much better. That size couch looks nice in the studios but too small in the larger rooms.

They did whatever was cheaper it seems. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I actually didn’t like the plaid in the renderings. But once I saw a 2 bedroom (via PMM) I liked the plaid. Sorta disappointed it’s not in all the studios. Bizarre for the rooms not to match.

I still think the 2 person couch in the 1 & 2 bedrooms looks silly. The renderings were much better. That size couch looks nice in the studios but too small in the larger rooms.
Any chance you’ve seen what they did in the media room at the Grand Villa?

Hi GFV owners! We got super lucky and managed to snag 5 nights in May in a 1 bedroom villa (following a 1 night stay at Boardwalk). We have never stayed at the grand before but have visited nearly every trip. We will have a 14 month old and 6 year old and I am looking for resort activities we should not miss. Our 14 month old hasn't been a fan of the parks in the last few trips so I want to make sure we have plenty of things to do and see at the resort. Any suggestions for us? Also, are mug drink refills available anywhere near the villas?
ETA If I can get my way, we will have one full resort only day in the middle of the trip

Hi GFV owners! We got super lucky and managed to snag 5 nights in May in a 1 bedroom villa (following a 1 night stay at Boardwalk). We have never stayed at the grand before but have visited nearly every trip. We will have a 14 month old and 6 year old and I am looking for resort activities we should not miss. Our 14 month old hasn't been a fan of the parks in the last few trips so I want to make sure we have plenty of things to do and see at the resort. Any suggestions for us? Also, are mug drink refills available anywhere near the villas?
1. closest mug refills are at the pool bar, about 100 yards from the villas (somebody can fact check me on google maps)
2. We stayed VGF (and BLT) twice with our now 14 month old in the past year, she loved the walk in entrance to the pool area and also climbing around the different seating areas in the lobby or by the quick service food areas (with supervision of course). We made ample use of the walking path, including the VGF villas being only a short walk from Poly, to keep the visuals and atmosphere fresh since there is so much going on there. She also really loved the beach at contemporary (and there is one by the VGF pool too) with some toys, where you could still hear music and fun from the pool.

Good luck with your trip, i don't have a 6 year old but there were all the standard DVC/Deluxe activities still going on, VGF has the storybook painting and other typical DVC arts and crafts that I have not done, but most other people seem quite fond of so its probably worthwhile.

1. closest mug refills are at the pool bar, about 100 yards from the villas (somebody can fact check me on google maps)
2. We stayed VGF (and BLT) twice with our now 14 month old in the past year, she loved the walk in entrance to the pool area and also climbing around the different seating areas in the lobby or by the quick service food areas (with supervision of course). We made ample use of the walking path, including the VGF villas being only a short walk from Poly, to keep the visuals and atmosphere fresh since there is so much going on there. She also really loved the beach at contemporary (and there is one by the VGF pool too) with some toys, where you could still hear music and fun from the pool.

Good luck with your trip, i don't have a 6 year old but there were all the standard DVC/Deluxe activities still going on, VGF has the storybook painting and other typical DVC arts and crafts that I have not done, but most other people seem quite fond of so its probably worthwhile.
Thank you!! I will definitely need to look up the activities schedule for that month. We have never done them before but when we go I always think they look and sound so fun but they never fit in our plans.

Thank you!! I will definitely need to look up the activities schedule for that month. We have never done them before but when we go I always think they look and sound so fun but they never fit in our plans.
I will say, if you can afford the monorail trip (and they aren't checking where you're staying), the community hall at BLT was really pleasant. I don't know anything about what is available at Poly. They had painting and coloring activities that were really fairly priced and unique and also a lot of baby/toddler toys and dolls/figurines, along with a TV running with Disney movies, etc. and kid friendly furniture to bounce off of. If you're having a bad weather day or just a "need a proper playroom day" that seems like a good hack, but it does require resort hopping.

I will say, if you can afford the monorail trip (and they aren't checking where you're staying), the community hall at BLT was really pleasant. I don't know anything about what is available at Poly. They had painting and coloring activities that were really fairly priced and unique and also a lot of baby/toddler toys and dolls/figurines, along with a TV running with Disney movies, etc. and kid friendly furniture to bounce off of. If you're having a bad weather day or just a "need a proper playroom day" that seems like a good hack, but it does require resort hopping.
Yes! Staying at the Grand is really the only saving grace this trip. I needed convenience to be flexible with the baby. We love the BLT community hall. We are staying at boardwalk for a night and trying to arrange flights so we can check out that community hall and pool (mainly for the 6 year old). I love monorail hopping so that would be a fun idea for some time on our day off.

Phase 2 Grand Floridian Units Declared Into Condo Association

Half of the new Resort Studios have been added to the condominium assocation for the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, paving the way for point sales to soon begin.
In a series of filings with the Orange County Comptroller's office, Disney Vacation Clubhas amended the Ground Lease, Declaration of Condoninium and Membership Agreement to begin adding the "phase 2" units to its Grand Floridian timeshare development. A total of 101 Resort Studios were added to the program, representing half of the 202 rooms which make up the project. The rooms formally added include most of the 3rd floor, plus all of the 4th and 5th floors of the Big Pine Key building.

Phase 2 Grand Floridian Units Declared Into Condo Association

Half of the new Resort Studios have been added to the condominium assocation for the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, paving the way for point sales to soon begin.
In a series of filings with the Orange County Comptroller's office, Disney Vacation Clubhas amended the Ground Lease, Declaration of Condoninium and Membership Agreement to begin adding the "phase 2" units to its Grand Floridian timeshare development. A total of 101 Resort Studios were added to the program, representing half of the 202 rooms which make up the project. The rooms formally added include most of the 3rd floor, plus all of the 4th and 5th floors of the Big Pine Key building.
Looks like all the shower have tubs, no walk-ins......

Is there a link comparing and contrasting the amenities, size, etc. between VGF and VGF2?
TIA

Does anyone know the timeframe for about when the current renovation is slated to be completed? We are going in April so I am hoping we can snag one of the newly renovated rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter