• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Anyone given thought to the potential negative impacts of the newly announced Poly expansion on VGF ownders? I can think of two:

(1) Monorail access. Already the monorail is packed in the morning at GF to the point of being difficult to get on. Add in dozens of more people headed to MK in the morning from the new Poly building and things will be worse.

(2) Visuals. Given the size, the new poly building will have a big visual impact on what you see from your Lake View rooms at VGF when looking towards the poly. Some people seem to like the design. I'm not one of those people. It's clearly 5 over 1 construction that you see in every city in the US. My town (Raleigh, NC) is lousy with buildings like this. Vox, Cheddar, and Wendover productions all have good YouTube videos on this topic (search for "all buildings look the same" and you'll find them). It's not a bad aesthetic, but generic as hell and out of place with the longhouses at the Poly.
Concerning the view from the VGF, I feel like only the rooms facing the porte cochere will be able to really see it. Maybe a sliver of a view from some of the lake view rooms.

Concerning the view from the VGF, I feel like only the rooms facing the porte cochere will be able to really see it. Maybe a sliver of a view from some of the lake view rooms.
Great point and thanks for the map view! Looks like the sightline should be more or less unchanged for VGF. That's a relief.

Anyone given thought to the potential negative impacts of the newly announced Poly expansion on VGF ownders? I can think of two:

(1) Monorail access. Already the monorail is packed in the morning at GF to the point of being difficult to get on. Add in dozens of more people headed to MK in the morning from the new Poly building and things will be worse.

(2) Visuals. Given the size, the new poly building will have a big visual impact on what you see from your Lake View rooms at VGF when looking towards the poly. Some people seem to like the design. I'm not one of those people. It's clearly 5 over 1 construction that you see in every city in the US. My town (Raleigh, NC) is lousy with buildings like this. Vox, Cheddar, and Wendover productions all have good YouTube videos on this topic (search for "all buildings look the same" and you'll find them). It's not a bad aesthetic, but generic as hell and out of place with the longhouses at the Poly.

I'm most concerned with the monorail from EPCOT and the added burden after fireworks.

I'm also concerned about the crowd impact at GF due to it being so close, mostly Gasparilla Grill since it's seating is limited but also the general atmosphere, people trying out the pool etc.

I hope Poly finally gets a fitness center, otherwise that is a concern as well.

I was surprised the pool here isn’t restricted access. We had to tap with MB at the Poly and get a wristband at Beach Club. Here we just strolled right in.

I'm worried about everything you listed, plus NOISE from the construction. From what I've read they are due to start construction very soon and it won't be completed until late 2024. That is a long time for digging, jack hammering, beeping and everything else that comes from building a hotel. The noise will affect VGF (way more than the dvc at Poly!) due to the location. I'm staying there in November and am hoping not to be affected too badly.

I'm also very sad that the path to the Poly will never be the same (if it even still exists). That walk was so peaceful and that empty beach was one of my favorite spots on property. I don't know why they have to shoehorn this huge multi story hotel into this small area between the two resorts when they have so much other land to build on. It's bewildering.

I'm worried about everything you listed, plus NOISE from the construction. From what I've read they are due to start construction very soon and it won't be completed until late 2024. That is a long time for digging, jack hammering, beeping and everything else that comes from building a hotel. The noise will affect VGF (way more than the dvc at Poly!) due to the location. I'm staying there in November and am hoping not to be affected too badly.

I'm also very sad that the path to the Poly will never be the same (if it even still exists). That walk was so peaceful and that empty beach was one of my favorite spots on property. I don't know why they have to shoehorn this huge multi story hotel into this small area between the two resorts when they have so much other land to build on. It's bewildering.
I'd wager the walking path will return to connect everything from TTC to MK. But I assume it will be closed during all of construction.

Does any one know how many points are being sold at VGF 2.0 and what the total is for VGF 1.0? I think VGF 1.0 has about 2,500,000 points but wasn't sure.

Anyone have the scoop on the Easter cottage? I saw the menu board but just wondering how it looks and compares to other years.

Appreciate the pics but still confusing .
I assume you are passing this onboat fromGF towards the Poly .
These rooms would be considered lake view but I am surprised these are part of Pine Key
I guess I need to walk over there sometime to figure that out.
Thanks

Appreciate the pics but still confusing .
I assume you are passing this onboat fromGF towards the Poly .
These rooms would be considered lake view but I am surprised these are part of Pine Key
I guess I need to walk over there sometime to figure that out.
Thanks

The 1st picture is directly showing the rooms that would be considered lakeview although you can see the theme park view rooms on the right end of the building. The 2nd picture is of the rooms that would be considered Theme park view.

The entire 16 years I have been a DVC member I have never bought into "buy where you want to stay." Until now.

Today our son is grown and it's just me and the ball and chain and we spend more time at the resort and less at the parks and when we got the brochure for the VGF prices I looked at my husband and said "we are buying! Luckily we have three small contracts and put them up for sale and are trading them in (thank you DVC for keeping prices up so well) for 175 VGF points.

We love the resort and plan to do mostly studios so we are so excited to actually own at our favorite resort!

The entire 16 years I have been a DVC member I have never bought into "buy where you want to stay." Until now.

Today our son is grown and it's just me and the ball and chain and we spend more time at the resort and less at the parks and when we got the brochure for the VGF prices I looked at my husband and said "we are buying! Luckily we have three small contracts and put them up for sale and are trading them in (thank you DVC for keeping prices up so well) for 175 VGF points.

We love the resort and plan to do mostly studios so we are so excited to actually own at our favorite resort!
Welcome Home Neighbor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter