• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Hi guys! If anyone will be there this month, can you please post a copy of the Recreation Calendar for me, please? Thank you!!! 🙂

Grand Floridian Big Pine Key Construction Progress - May 2022

Work continues on the newest Disney Vacation Club villas as the rooms are just 6 weeks away from making their debut at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

Grand Floridian Big Pine Key

Hi guys! If anyone will be there this month, can you please post a copy of the Recreation Calendar for me, please? Thank you!!! 🙂
I am looking for this as well and it has my been posted to the main thread as of earlier today.

Hey guys, just wanted to post this again just in case anyone is going soon…

Hey guys, just wanted to post this again just in case anyone is going soon…

Hi - On Sunday we will be transferring across to VGF from BCV, so I will try to find, photograph and post the Recreation Info!

Resort studio bookings may now be made online. I just booked two trips into a resort studio
There was so much availability! I switched my November trip. It made me curious - do we know what % of inventory in the resort studio building has been declared?

There was so much availability! I switched my November trip. It made me curious - do we know what % of inventory in the resort studio building has been declared?
You can find the most recent information in this article, which was posted 2/4.…

Phase 2 Grand Floridian Units Declared Into Condo Association

Half of the new Resort Studios have been added to the condominium assocation for the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

In a series of filings with the Orange County Comptroller's office, Disney Vacation Clubhas amended the Ground Lease, Declaration of Condoninium and Membership Agreement to begin adding the "phase 2" units to its Grand Floridian timeshare development. A total of 101 Resort Studios were added to the program, representing half of the 202 rooms which make up the project. The rooms formally added include most of the 3rd floor, plus all of the 4th and 5th floors of the Big Pine Key building.

You can find the most recent information in this article, which was posted 2/4.…

Phase 2 Grand Floridian Units Declared Into Condo Association

Half of the new Resort Studios have been added to the condominium assocation for the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

In a series of filings with the Orange County Comptroller's office, Disney Vacation Clubhas amended the Ground Lease, Declaration of Condoninium and Membership Agreement to begin adding the "phase 2" units to its Grand Floridian timeshare development. A total of 101 Resort Studios were added to the program, representing half of the 202 rooms which make up the project. The rooms formally added include most of the 3rd floor, plus all of the 4th and 5th floors of the Big Pine Key building.
Silly question - does this mean half of the new points have already been sold?!

Silly question - does this mean half of the new points have already been sold?!
No, it means that only half of the new points can be sold, and more importantly, that half the new villas are available for points bookings by DVC owners. The other half still belong to DVD, which can put them out for cash. When DVD gets close to selling out that first half, they'll declare more villas into the condominium association, which will give them more points to sell and will give DVC owners more villas to book with points.

Do you think there will still be construction on the Big Pine Key DVC building in Dec?

Big Pine Key should be finished by next month, as that's when the first reservations were available to book. However the other outer buildings with regular (non DVC) resort rooms will be getting refurbished next (I believe I read somewhere that Boca Chica is next; I think permits were filed.) I'm not sure what the timeline for all of the renovations to be completed will be - I guess it's possible something could still be going on in December, just depends how quickly they work.

Do some of the standard studios now contain 2 queen beds? If so, is there a special booking or just a request that needs to be made?

Do some of the standard studios now contain 2 queen beds? If so, is there a special booking or just a request that needs to be made?
If you mean Standard VIEW, the standard view resort studios (in the new Big Pine Key VGF building) have 2 regular queen beds. I believe the standard view deluxe studios (in the original VGF building) have one regular queen bed and a second queen Murphy bed that folds out of the wall but has the same queen mattress as the regular bed. As above, the resort studios are a separate booking category from the deluxe studios booking category.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter