*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Good to know they can get them. But it doesn’t help when you spill something and need them only to realize they are not there! LOL

Maybe they should prepare little kits with those things and put in the rooms!
That’s why I love the Dis boards… thanks to your post, I asked in advance, and have them just in case. So thank you 🥰

As a repeat cash stay person at GF (spending way too much for club level and TP view rooms), looking into DVC, being scared by the cost and commitment, seeing a post about requesting paper towels has me genuinely confused. I don't understand DVC. I have no meaning to this post other then I just don't understand it...yet.
Ah, yes, sounds like us in the past. We always stayed in the RPC and had TP view rooms a few times.

Maybe I can encourage you by telling you that we broke even on our initial buy-in in a mere two years. Usually, it takes anywhere from 6-10 years. However, that obviously depends upon where you stayed most. Feels rather nice after break-even to know that your main room cost is your annual dues. We think of it as a free stay, comparatively. :)

What you might miss as we sometimes do are those CL niceties like daily mousekeeping, the turndown service, and all the lounge food, particularly that gorgeous continental breakfast. And being in the main building, where I enjoyed popping to the lounge of an evening to listen to the orchestra with a drink and goodies.

It would be marvelous if VGF had a CL as does AKV, but sadly, no. You can get room service to either BPK or VGF1, though, which eases the pain a bit.

If you decide to invest in DVC, I expect you'll appreciate the value, but like us may never be reconciled to the absence of CL goodies. We regard the lack as providing more money for dining at V&A's. ;)

Wife and I spent the last week in July at the VGF2 for an anniversary stay (6 nights; lagoon view: 9429).

Loved the vaulted ceilings, and the lake view: was pleasantly surprised that we were actually able to see Harmonious fireworks from the balcony! I’m not sure how many of these rooms can, as any further East and you could be blocked by the island trees and rooms further West could be blocked by the middle part of BPK itself.

One quirk to the layout was there was no separate desk/mirror in the entryway. The desk and dresser are connected under a solid countertop (we liked this more as it gave us a ton of counter space for all our park essentials). Also, the closet is in the entryway, before the coffee maker and desk, and not by the beds.

Overall, it was another great trip. I think we decided that, after all things considered, we like these rooms more than the deluxe studios. Can’t wait to stay there again.

Attachments

• 57CC72B1-A4B1-4393-A026-626A14EF479E.jpeg
    57CC72B1-A4B1-4393-A026-626A14EF479E.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 2769BDDA-0B58-48A1-BE1D-61ED9FC17B56.jpeg
    2769BDDA-0B58-48A1-BE1D-61ED9FC17B56.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 120
  • D6C75967-4A18-4D6B-9033-B190234C7BAB.jpeg
    D6C75967-4A18-4D6B-9033-B190234C7BAB.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 114
  • C549FC86-EE0E-452B-A580-A573C476265A.jpeg
    C549FC86-EE0E-452B-A580-A573C476265A.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 07E473B7-539F-45C2-A3BF-63AD6AB12B5F.jpeg
    07E473B7-539F-45C2-A3BF-63AD6AB12B5F.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 164
Wife and I spent the last week in July at the VGF2 for an anniversary stay (6 nights; lagoon view: 9429).

Loved the vaulted ceilings, and the lake view: was pleasantly surprised that we were actually able to see Harmonious fireworks from the balcony! I’m not sure how many of these rooms can, as any further East and you could be blocked by the island trees and rooms further West could be blocked by the middle part of BPK itself.

One quirk to the layout was there was no separate desk/mirror in the entryway. The desk and dresser are connected under a solid countertop (we liked this more as it gave us a ton of counter space for all our park essentials). Also, the closet is in the entryway, before the coffee maker and desk, and not by the beds.

Overall, it was another great trip. I think we decided that, after all things considered, we like these rooms more than the deluxe studios. Can’t wait to stay there again.

The vaulted ceilings really make this room stand out - thank you so much for posting some great pictures!

Did you have the round mirror by the counter top in the room? (or another mirror in the room in addition to the bathroom mirror?) Thank you!!

Great room, I love those vaulted ceilings also! Did you eat in your room at all? Wondering how people are eating without the small table that used to be under the desk in the cash rooms that these replaced.

Did you have the round mirror by the counter top in the room? (or another mirror in the room in addition to the bathroom mirror?) Thank you!!
No - the big round mirror in all the show rooms was not in our room. I was surprised by this, and I suppose it could come eventually, but that seems like an odd thing to add so far passed the re-opening of the building.

The only other mirror outside of the bathroom was the full length one inside the closet.

Great room, I love those vaulted ceilings also! Did you eat in your room at all? Wondering how people are eating without the small table that used to be under the desk in the cash rooms that these replaced.
We did not eat anything substantial in the room (unless you consider Gideon's cookies substantial.. 😋).

That said, it was painfully obvious how difficult/odd it would be to eat a full meal in these rooms (unless you are by yourself).. The small round table doesn't really work with the couch (it would work better with chairs, or if there was a sliding TV tray that had a stand that could slide under the couch or something) and your only other option (the desk) gives you a great view of the wall about 12 inches away. Nothing comfortable where two people face each other. I suppose the balcony could work, but that's not ideal either.

We don't usually eat much in the room as it's just the two of us, but I can see how this would be an annoyance for a lot of people.

No - the big round mirror in all the show rooms was not in our room. I was surprised by this, and I suppose it could come eventually, but that seems like an odd thing to add so far passed the re-opening of the building.

The only other mirror outside of the bathroom was the full length one inside the closet.

This sounds like the SV room that I stayed it. It did have the vaulted ceiling but no table/mirror. I think it is just the layout of this style room.

We've a dear nephew getting married next year who assures us his fiancée is as much of a Disney fan as he so are considering offering them a stay with us in a 2br dedicated as a gift in a few years.

The VGF floorplans show 1112 as an HA lakeview dedicated 2br and 1424 as an HA standard view.

The catch is DH prefers a roll-in shower to the tub-shower combo with bench.

Has anyone stayed in either of these? Does one have a roll-in shower, preferably off the master bedroom but doable if it isn't?

TIA much for this essential info.

We've a dear nephew getting married next year who assures us his fiancée is as much of a Disney fan as he so are considering offering them a stay with us in a 2br dedicated as a gift in a few years.

The VGF floorplans show 1112 as an HA lakeview dedicated 2br and 1424 as an HA standard view.

The catch is DH prefers a roll-in shower to the tub-shower combo with bench.

Has anyone stayed in either of these? Does one have a roll-in shower, preferably off the master bedroom but doable if it isn't?

TIA much for this essential info.

Is it that you'd like to know what room you'd have when booking the roll-in shower? I believe the booking tool has only ever shown lock-offs at VGF to have roll in showers so 1112 probably is not. I have only been in an HA studio at VGF but it had the tub so wouldn't complete a lock-off of the category you're looking for.

We were wondering if we'd need to be certain we've sufficient points for the lake view because only it has the roll-in shower.

All the roll-in shower VGF villas we've stayed in were lake view.

We were wondering if we'd need to be certain we've sufficient points for the lake view because only it has the roll-in shower.

All the roll-in shower VGF villas we've stayed in were lake view.
The booking tool has a selection for lock-off standard view with roll in shower so it would seem both view types have that. That is what I have used to determine what is available since they caught up with requirements and started having online booking for HA rooms vs having to call in.

Yikes! That is a very weird looking sofa. If I get that instead of a balcony I will be greatly disappointed!
We had no problem getting another room. A cast member called me back within ten minutes and we were in a new room a few minutes later. I shared the picture because I was not aware of this layout. I was disappointed because we were excited for lagoon view and you had to stand up near the window to even see it.

Hey guys, so walking back from the boat and the lights are on in Boca Chica… looking in, the beds look like the same exact beds as shown earlier from my room in Big Pine Key! The chandelier also appears to be the same. I know it’s probably hard to tell from these pictures but it looks exactly like my BPK room from here. I asked the cast member and they did confirm they will be the same as BPK. Take that for what it’s worth.

AE1341A7-4B39-4AA4-9875-1332E95BA97A.jpeg

AA2AF91C-8155-4833-9F00-FB1D3D9677E9.jpeg

BD144CEB-A97E-4851-9958-8B6E763353EF.jpeg

We had no problem getting another room. A cast member called me back within ten minutes and we were in a new room a few minutes later. I shared the picture because I was not aware of this layout. I was disappointed because we were excited for lagoon view and you had to stand up near the window to even see it.
So now there’s Theme Park view of a tree, and Lagoon view of a sofa. I’m looking forward to seeing more interesting views!

Hey guys, so walking back from the boat and the lights are on in Boca Chica… looking in, the beds look like the same exact beds as shown earlier from my room in Big Pine Key! The chandelier also appears to be the same. I know it’s probably hard to tell from these pictures but it looks exactly like my BPK room from here. I asked the cast member and they did confirm they will be the same as BPK. Take that for what it’s worth.

AE1341A7-4B39-4AA4-9875-1332E95BA97A.jpeg

AA2AF91C-8155-4833-9F00-FB1D3D9677E9.jpeg

BD144CEB-A97E-4851-9958-8B6E763353EF.jpeg
Excellent sleuthing!

Hi guys!

So we are on our way home from a great vacation!! I wanted to give you our thoughts on BPK.

Room is BEAUTIFUL. I love how clean it looks/feels with the flooring as opposed to a full carpet. Beds were comfortable, but pillows still not as good as BWV’s! Lobby is beautifully updated as well. LOVE the lighted bathroom mirror!! (Just a little blinding, though, first thing in the morning!!) 😂 Shower is great, love the rain shower head.

Now I don’t like to say anything negative about any of my Disney stays… especially at The Grand, because it’s not only our home resort, but it’s also our FAVORITE resort all around, but here are our dislikes…

1) The Beverage “Cooler”… it did not cool our beverages 😂 I think we had too many items and it wasn’t getting cold enough. We asked housekeeping what the lowest temperature it goes down to, and they said 60 degrees!!! I don’t think that’s accurate, especially when we saw videos of others showing the temp. at 34 degrees - but regardless of that, it’s SMALL. We are DVC Members… that “fridge” will not cut it for most families who plan to have morning breakfast and/or even lunches in their room. Our family had 3 different types of milk alone! lol Happened to talk to a Cast Member one night and she asked how we liked the rooms and mentioned the beverage cooler and she said they get a lot of complaints, including letters, regarding them.

2) The garbage. If any of you have stayed at Gran Destino Tower lately, you’re given this split small half recycle, half garbage pail and it’s pretty useless. We personally like to buy a bunch of stuff when staying DVC and we accumulate a bit of trash. The trash was overflowing every day.

(Not my photo, took a screenshot from a video of the garbage/beverage cooler)

91487174-5462-4281-9974-D8CE6FF6E75A.jpeg

3) Lack of a table wasn’t a huge issue for us, since we mostly eat out, but it would have been nice to sit and eat breakfast at one. Kids would take turns eating on the little one in front of the couch or DS pulled the desk bench in front of the TV while eating. I would just have mine outside on the balcony, DH just stood and had his every day.

So, those were the main inconveniences of the new rooms for our family. Just wanted to be honest and share. They were not dealbreakers for us, however, we will most likely only stay there if we can’t get VGF 1.

1) The Beverage “Cooler”… it did not cool our beverages 😂 I think we had too many items and it wasn’t getting cold enough. We asked housekeeping what the lowest temperature it goes down to, and they said 60 degrees!!! I don’t think that’s accurate, especially when we saw videos of others showing the temp. at 34 degrees - but regardless of that, it’s SMALL. We are DVC Members… that “fridge” will not cut it for most families who plan to have morning breakfast and/or even lunches in their room. Our family had 3 different types of milk alone! lol Happened to talk to a Cast Member one night and she asked how we liked the rooms and mentioned the beverage cooler and she said they get a lot of complaints, including letters, regarding them.

Thanks for the information. I have a stay coming up and I need milk in my room. I wouldn’t be a DVC owner if I knew the future was beverage coolers instead of mini fridges.

Currently I have a resort studio Lagoon View booked and I am on a waitlist for a Deluxe Studio Lake View. Should I really care if my waitlist is fulfilled? Being on the water is the view the same? Also has the Deluxe Studios also been refurbished or just the Resort Studios? I guess I am just trying to figure out the advantage to one over the other. The pictures of the new Resort Studios look pretty nice. I do want to see the electrical parade hoping it does Lagoon and Lake. Also read some do not have a balcony. That is a must for Morning coffee. Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter