*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

… what about the fun new dual coffee pot/single serve pot that you had?! I’m more interested in that!! 😂
Ha ha ha! I did not even ask her, because when she saw the fun new dual pot/single serve we had, she was like "Oh! What is this?!"

That Nespresso was the reason we bought at vgf vs somewhere else. Fell in love with the overall lobby experience, and that was the “Over the top” moment that made us buy there. Gone with the orchestra :(
I agree, miss the lobby coffee and especially miss GFO.

We'll be back in 7 days, haven't been in 2 years to our home resort. We love the original Villas, not excited about the recent Hotel flip.
We did use our VGF and CCV points to stay at Riviera, loved it so much we ended up buying there as well!

Would love to here more on why.
They have everything going for them at VGF but...

1 Staff is very dismissive to guests -One example, had to watch them tlecture a women who got walked in on in the shower that it is their right to do a security check at 6 PM! As she was prepping for dinner.

2. Staff members at the check in very catty about the guests - they forget some of us are sitting in the lobby and can hear them

3 Housekeeping can not seem to make a bed correctly - and they don't even pay attention to shampoo / conditioner / bath gel so they were mixed in both showers ( not fixed in 3/days )

4. No announcement about pressure washing until you get onsite and realize you can't use your balcony

These are all management issues / lack of supervision - They are all minor but they " let the side down" as far as your hotel experience.

1 Staff is very dismissive to guests -One example, had to watch them tlecture a women who got walked in on in the shower that it is their right to do a security check at 6 PM! As she was prepping for dinner.

2. Staff members at the check in very catty about the guests - they forget some of us are sitting in the lobby and can hear them

3 Housekeeping can not seem to make a bed correctly - and they don't even pay attention to shampoo / conditioner / bath gel so they were mixed in both showers ( not fixed in 3/days )

4. No announcement about pressure washing until you get onsite and realize you can't use your balcony

These are all management issues / lack of supervision - They are all minor but they " let the side down" as far as your hotel experience.

We have absolutely experienced point #1 and #2 above, dismissive staff, and in fact ended up having to speak with management about it once; they were so dismissive.

It’s a management and culture that management has enabled.

Glad to know it wasn’t just our perception. Definitely different than other Disney resorts we have experienced.

We have absolutely experienced point #1 and #2 above, dismissive staff, and in fact ended up having to speak with management about it once; they were so dismissive.

Glad to know it wasn’t just our perception. Definitely different than other Disney resorts we have experienced.
We'll be there next week. Hopefully, this is just a fluke. Honestly, we have never had anything but awesome treatment at any DVC resort in the 8 years we have been owners.

We'll be there next week. Hopefully, this is just a fluke. Honestly, we have never had anything but awesome treatment at any DVC resort in the 8 years we have been owners.
I think the pressure washing should be done by the 12th - but ask

Interesting, in my visits to VGF I’ve always encountered wonderful staff in the main lobby & in the VGF lobby, at the restaurants, on the boats & monorail, & in the shops, they’ve always been very gracious & helpful. My only complaint has been housekeeping knocking on the door too early on check out day.
We usually alternate VGF/AKV, so we’re at VGF at least 10 nights every other year & due to the pandemic it’s been a little longer than usual, I’m hoping these experiences were unusual & that things haven’t deteriorated w/ staff morale & that I’ll encounter my usual friendly staff in less than 3 months when I’ll be there for 14 days - can’t wait :)

Mouse-keeping would not have been in your room, other than for quick security check, to do anything with the shower amenities until trash and towel day, day 4…which is why it wasn’t noticed or fixed If mixed up.

It sounds like you may have gotten a mousekeeper who simply wasn’t as careful when setting up your room…but I can say I have had that at other resorts over the years too.

Last year, we walked in to BLT to find they forget to finish making up the bed in the master bedroom and had forgotten to replenish the shower gel, etc.

But, it was only noon when we got the room, so we just called and said it wasn’t a big deal they could just come and finish. They offered us a chance to move to a different room…one not yet ready…and we of course declined!

They came quickly, finished it, and brought us a huge bag of all the H2O products!

That is so disappointing to hear that the CMs were not professional. We haven’t encountered that, but we haven’t spent a lot of time in the lobbies either.

Hello! We are excited to have found a last minute deluxe studio lagoon view for a night. We just want to experience the best of our view, have wine, cheese etc. No parks etc. I saw a picture of a lagoon view on FB that had a solid wall balcony!??? Does anyone know how many of these solid balcony rooms there are? I hate to splurge on the lake view points and stand up for 4 hours having our drinks..

TIA! :flower3:

We just checked out of resort studio #9401; here are the views. We originally had room #9101, but it was next to the resort smoking area, so we asked to be moved to a higher floor. We loved the new rooms! They really did a great job decorating these!F0A2D07C-5372-4CFA-927B-B2F72B155B50.jpeg

Attachments

• CA038B39-EB7D-4E1E-AB30-CE110F45C9AB.jpeg
    CA038B39-EB7D-4E1E-AB30-CE110F45C9AB.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 43

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter