• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

I put in a room request via chat for the "turret room with the larger seating area". Hoping that gets me one of those rooms, but can't report back until next September. :flower1:
I'm hoping to switch my reservation over to a resort studio room for next June. Perhaps I'll put down what you did and see what happens! I have 3 trips planned next year so couldn't afford 1 bedroom this time. My little boy could definitely use the extra space to run around.

Does anyone know the schedule of the photo pass photographer upstairs GF at the cinderella-glass slipper op?
We are planning a trip in December and wanted to get my Aunt and Uncle in a fun shot😊

Does anyone know the schedule of the photo pass photographer upstairs GF at the cinderella-glass slipper op?
We are planning a trip in December and wanted to get my Aunt and Uncle in a fun shot😊
He was there the first week of this month and really turned around my daughter’s meltdown!

Hi guys! If anyone will be at The Grand before the end of the month, can you please get a pic of the Recreation Calendar for me? Thank you so much!

Looks like Conch Key is up…​

Construction Continues on Balconies and Exteriors of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Construction continues at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, which is undergoing a big refurbishment. Earlier this month, the Boca Chica building reopened amidst the renovation.

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Construction

Construction walls still wind around other buildings of the resort.

grand floridian construction oct 2022 2851

We can see tarps in the windows of this building.
grand floridian construction oct 2022 2852

grand floridian construction oct 2022 2853

Scaffolding covers a section where crew members have been working on the roof and balconies.
grand floridian construction oct 2022 2854

We could see a crew member inside a gable above one entrance.
grand floridian construction oct 2022 2855

grand floridian construction oct 2022 2856

grand floridian construction oct 2022 2857

Many of the stairwells of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort have been reconstructed.

grand floridian construction oct 2022 2858

grand floridian construction oct 2022 2859

A maze of construction walls leads to the Grand Floridian docks.
grand floridian construction oct 2022 2860

grand floridian construction oct 2022 2862

grand floridian construction oct 2022 2864

More construction is visible on the side of the building along the water.

grand floridian construction oct 2022 2865

There is scaffolding around the first floor.

grand floridian construction oct 2022 2866

A ladder was on an upper-floor balcony.

For those that have stayed at both, which is better and why, a Deluxe Studio or a Resort Studio ?

For those that have stayed at both, which is better and why, a Deluxe Studio or a Resort Studio ?
We stayed in both on our last trip and are going to put up a video on YouTube in a week or two comparing them.

They each had their own advantages but we decided that for the two of us we’d always look to stay in a Deluxe Studio if the stay was for more than a couple of nights.

Who’s in your party and how long will you be staying for?

We stayed in both on our last trip and are going to put up a video on YouTube in a week or two comparing them.

They each had their own advantages but we decided that for the two of us we’d always look to stay in a Deluxe Studio if the stay was for more than a couple of nights.

Who’s in your party and how long will you be staying for?

Just myself and wife. We will be there for a week.

To me, the big advantage of the deluxe studio is the second shower. The big advantage of the resort studio is location. You are much closer to the main building.

Oh I’d definitely go for the Deluxe Studio then. The Resort Studio is beautiful and, as the previous poster mentioned, it’s closer to the main building (although the Deluxe Studio has the advantage of the undercover walkway). However, you presumably won’t need the second proper bed and so the fridge/sink and extra bathroom in the Deluxe Studio are definitely handy for a week long stay.

Hi. Wondering if anyone knows when the reconstruction of the lobby and main building is set to begin?

TIA
Dee

Currently booked for resort studio and keep hearing things about paper thin walls

I watched a review yesterday where the woman mentioned hoping they fixed the sound issues, and a cell phone rang very loudly. She said that was next door.

Kinda crazy

Seeing if I should maybe switch to deluxe studio, but I’m upset cause I LOVE the theming of the new rooms. thinks the deluxe seems too sterile :(

Last edited:
Currently booked for resort studio and keep hearing things about paper thin walls

I watched a review yesterday where the woman mentioned hoping they fixed the sound issues, and a cell phone rang very loudly. She said that was next door.

Kinda crazy

Seeing if I should maybe switch to deluxe studio, but I’m upset cause I LOVE the theming of the new rooms. DW thinks the deluxe seems too sterile :(
I’m in the exact same boat. I am booked in the resort studios but am nervous about the noise. I don’t care for the look of the deluxe studios ever since they did the refurb and put in plaid headboards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter