*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

No one knows for sure. There have been no official announcements to date. However, you can check out this post over on the Club Level Thread from someone who has info from someone that works at GF HERE. Take it for what it’s worth.
Thank you. I have a reservation for a one bedroom this March, so I was just wondering.

I just got back from staying 3 nights in a resort studio (standard view, first floor). I frequently heard my neighbors through the connecting door, and a lot of hallway noise. It's interesting how varying our noise experiences are! Other than the noise, the room was great. I would stay in the resort studios again.

I just got back from staying 3 nights in a resort studio (standard view, first floor). I frequently heard my neighbors through the connecting door, and a lot of hallway noise. It's interesting how varying our noise experiences are! Other than the noise, the room was great. I would stay in the resort studios again.
Happy you enjoyed the room! Did you happen to take a photo of the activity calendar? Thanks!

Staying in a resort studio now. Rooms are gorgeous and are probably my favorite of all the deluxe/villa rooms I have stayed in. Just love everything about the room! However, room noise has become a BIG issue at the end of our stay. Note, we had no issues the first two days. I heard the neighbors on the non-connecting side this morning. They were not being overly loud but their conversation was crystal clear. This was not a deal breaker but did impact my sleep at 6:30, However, we got new neighbors on the connecting door side today and they are so loud and are carrying on so much, it feels like they are in our room. This is by far the worst noise I have ever experienced at a resort, including value resorts. It is after 11:30 pm and we are all beyond tired and can’t sleep with all the commotion. We literally have towels stuffed under the door trying to buffer the noise. I think your stay in the resort studios can be greatly impacted by the courtesy of your neighbors. Definitely think twice about staying here if you are not a heavy sleeper (and I’m a heavy sleeper for the record!).

BTW - Pool noise and construction noise has been nonexistent to us in the room.

Staying in a resort studio now. Rooms are gorgeous and are probably my favorite of all the deluxe/villa rooms I have stayed in. Just love everything about the room! However, room noise has become a BIG issue at the end of our stay. Note, we had no issues the first two days. I heard the neighbors on the non-connecting side this morning. They were not being overly loud but their conversation was crystal clear. This was not a deal breaker but did impact my sleep at 6:30, However, we got new neighbors on the connecting door side today and they are so loud and are carrying on so much, it feels like they are in our room. This is by far the worst noise I have ever experienced at a resort, including value resorts. It is after 11:30 pm and we are all beyond tired and can’t sleep with all the commotion. We literally have towels stuffed under the door trying to buffer the noise. I think your stay in the resort studios can be greatly impacted by the courtesy of your neighbors. Definitely think twice about staying here if you are not a heavy sleeper (and I’m a heavy sleeper for the record!).

BTW - Pool noise and construction noise has been nonexistent to us in the room.
Update: At 1:00 in the morning, they were still being very loud. We are talking cheering, clapping, kids screaming, and lots of doors slamming as they were coming and going from the room. I did finally call the front desk to see if anything could be done. Not sure if they ever sent anyone but we did finally go to sleep from exhaustion. All is quiet this morning. We are checking out today or else I would be concerned about the rest of our trip. I do think we just got unlucky with these particular neighbors but based on yesterday morning too, these walls are thin and something to keep in mind if you are sensitive to noise.

I would send an email to dvc member satisfaction - and to Norm Noble (GM of the GF - as far as google says). Probably norm.noble@disney.com using their own email naming. Be polite but firm about the noise issue and request 1 or 2 nights of points back. You may/may not get them back, but the more that complain - the more attention to the issue they'll pay. And if they do start refunding points - then it hits the wallet - and it will really get attention, or if its during a stay - request a move at the desk - again, polite, but firm. For the cost, we all deserve a peaceful room - especially at the flagship resort.

I would send an email to dvc member satisfaction - and to Norm Noble (GM of the GF - as far as google says). Probably norm.noble@disney.com using their own email naming. Be polite but firm about the noise issue and request 1 or 2 nights of points back. You may/may not get them back, but the more that complain - the more attention to the issue they'll pay. And if they do start refunding points - then it hits the wallet - and it will really get attention, or if its during a stay - request a move at the desk - again, polite, but firm. For the cost, we all deserve a peaceful room - especially at the flagship resort.
I am not DVC and paid cash rate for this room with no discount. Before I left today, I did stop by the front desk, as when I called during the night, it just sends you to a general guest services call center, not the actual front desk. I approached it from the stand point of how uncourteous our neighbors were and I did not think Disney should book anyone in our room when we left and risk an unpleasant stay for them. The concierge could see the call log of my complaints and without hesitation he apologized, said he was going to notify a manger and gave me a $150 credit towards my room charges. It was a quick interaction and I felt heard. I did not go in seeking compensation but was rather trying to spare the next guests that could end up next to our very loud neighbors. I stay on property about 20+ days a year, this is only the second time in all my years that I have had a bad noise issue at a resort. Pretty good track record all things considered. :)

This worries me for my upcoming stay. I'm not worried about my neighbors being noisy, I'm worried about being the noisy neighbor. I don't let my kids act crazy in hotel rooms, but you know, kids are noisy.

This worries me for my upcoming stay. I'm not worried about my neighbors being noisy, I'm worried about being the noisy neighbor. I don't let my kids act crazy in hotel rooms, but you know, kids are noisy.
I feel the same way. We are going in May with a baby and three year old…

Check Out the Late-Night Prep Work from Last Night for the Iconic Grand Floridian Gingerbread House

1667310776541.jpeg

It's Disney, I expect to hear families, babies crying and kids being noisy. That said, I really found the Resort Studio we stayed in a few weeks ago very quiet... the whole building was booked, but I never heard any disturbing noisiness. When we are there next year with our three very active grandbabies, 6 and under, I for one, am not going to worry about whether or not they get noisy. We do the best we can to keep a lid on it getting out of hand, but if it's not acceptable in Disney, where is it okay for kids to be kids? Just my take on it, and I LOVE my sleep in mornings....

Dee

It's Disney, I expect to hear families, babies crying and kids being noisy. That said, I really found the Resort Studio we stayed in a few weeks ago very quiet... the whole building was booked, but I never heard any disturbing noisiness. When we are there next year with our three very active grandbabies, 6 and under, I for one, am not going to worry about whether or not they get noisy. We do the best we can to keep a lid on it getting out of hand, but if it's not acceptable in Disney, where is it okay for kids to be kids? Just my take on it, and I LOVE my sleep in mornings....

Dee
We spent 12 nights in a Resort Studio when it opened (checked in opening day). For us it was mostly quiet. We had the first night with an obnoxious blogger staying in the room next to us. She was loud when filming (and also blocked the hallway so she could lay down and film) and it was annoying. Then we had about 6 nights of silence. Then we had 1 or 2 nights of very, very loud teenagers. I suspect mom and dad took one room and gave them the other room. Then the rest of the trip there was not much noise from the connecting room.

My wife has to teach a couple of days when we are are WDW in December. We had thought about staying in a resort studio but my wife was worried a little about how her teaching would carry into the room next to ours so instead we opted for a BWV 1 BR when it became available.

Just sharing this because I personally thing the Resort Studios can be the loudest of any rooms we've stayed in, but it all comes down to how quiet your neighbor is.

Dee

What floor were you on, and was it standard or lake view? Doubt it makes a difference but I am curious

I am staying in a standard View Resort Studio for the first time in December.

Can you give me a room request or an area?

Last edited:
I am staying in a Resort Studio for the first time in December.

Can you give me a room request or an area?
We stayed in 9325 in Big Pine Key. Lagoon view, 3rd floor. I’d stay there again. I love the resort studios. That being said…..they need to include a toaster without having to ask for one. The little area they provide for a small cooling fridge, and the coffee maker and small microwave wouldn’t necessarily accommodate a small toaster “comfortably” but there’s room to keep it there. We requested one and used it on the vanity type table for English mufs while making our coffee.

Btw, kudos to the k cup pod one cup coffee maker. I think every hotel in the world should have one. I don’t like the mr. coffee type pots anymore, now that a one cupper allows for us to bring the pods we each like (I don’t like his, he doesn’t like mine) it’s just easier. I hope they eventually replace the pots in all the villas with one cup pod coffee makers. Just MHO

How many floors are there in Big Pine Key? Thinking of a request for the top floor to help with possible noise although I also want a balcony and I thought some of the top floor didn't have balconies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter