*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Question: what would be the best way to get to the mini-golfing near the Boardwalk area using free Disney Transportation? Bus from Magic Kingdom entrance?

ETA: What is the current process for getting to Typhoon Lagoon from the Grand?
Depending on where you're coming from but assuming GF and that you don't want to walk through Epcot -- probably a bus from MK entrance to Beach Club/YC/BW, or the Swan/Dolphin bus since those are right next to Fantasia Gardens (but not sure how the Swan/Dolphin bus route works anymore, read tips on that hotel thread).
I suppose another route might be bus to HS, then boat to Swan/Dolphin, then walk from there over to Fantasia Gardens. (Or skyliner to Intl Gateway, but slightly further than where the boat will drop you off.)

For your second question, pretty sure it's still bus to Disney Springs, then transfer to a bus heading to Typhoon Lagoon.

Blizzard Beach is the water park near Winterland/Summerland mini golf (literally right next to each other). For Blizzard Beach and Winterland/Summerland mini golf, you take a bus to AK and transfer to a bus for Blizzard Beach.

Last edited:
Depending on where you're coming from but assuming GF and that you don't want to walk through Epcot -- probably a bus from MK entrance to Beach Club/YC/BW, or the Swan/Dolphin bus since those are right next to Fantasia Gardens (but not sure how the Swan/Dolphin bus route works anymore, read tips on that hotel thread).
I suppose another route might be bus to HS, then boat to Swan/Dolphin, then walk from there over to Fantasia Gardens. (Or skyliner to Intl Gateway, but slightly further than where the boat will drop you off.)

For your second question, pretty sure it's still bus to Disney Springs, then transfer to a bus heading to Typhoon Lagoon.

Blizzard Beach is the water park near Winterland/Summerland mini golf (literally right next to each other). For Blizzard Beach and Winterland/Summerland mini golf, you take a bus to AK and transfer to a bus for Blizzard Beach.
Thank you!

Thank you!
Let me just clarify that one of your options would be to travel to the TTC and catch the Swan/Dolphin bus. The new Swan Reserve hotel is right next to Fantasia minigolf, so you could get off there and walk to it without crossing any busy roadways. There is a crosswalk from the Swan to the minigolf, but if you're like me, you'd rather avoid it with kids.

Last edited:
Let me just say clarify that one of your options would be to travel to the TTC and catch the Swan/Dolphin bus. The new Swan Reserve hotel is right next to Fantasia minigolf, so you could get off there and walk to it without crossing any busy roadways. There is a crosswalk from the Swan to the minigolf, but if you're like me, you'd rather avoid it with kids.
Good to know. I didn't know a Swan/Dolphin bus came to the TTC...

Another question: if you have guests visiting you at the resort for the day . . . are they allowed to use the pools with you as the member, or is this considered faux pas?

Another question: if you have guests visiting you at the resort for the day . . . are they allowed to use the pools with you as the member, or is this considered faux pas?
It’s the same as when you are staying at a resort on a cash reservation, generally no, swimming in the resort pools is limited to people staying at that resort.
5FE4B631-6DA8-4726-AA37-3CEB36187D11.jpeg

So I have a question to ask.
We stayed here back in2017 for 3 days & were supposed to be in DVC section....A heck of a lot of Pixie dust was blown our way, and we ended up somehow in the Cape Coral Suite5141. We basically got free food all day long. Albeit not full meals, but enough to get by. With us having 5 nights here, We were hoping to do at least 1 dinner , possibly 2. The only place we've eaten at in the past here was 1900 PF. 1 for breakfast 1 for din. So we were thinking either Citrico or Narcoosee. Does anyone have a preference to either , or Should I try n get GFC perhaps? Plz any comments are appreciated... T.Y.

We stayed here back in2017 for 3 days & were supposed to be in DVC section....A heck of a lot of Pixie dust was blown our way, and we ended up somehow in the Cape Coral Suite5141. We basically got free food all day long. Albeit not full meals, but enough to get by. With us having 5 nights here, We were hoping to do at least 1 dinner , possibly 2. The only place we've eaten at in the past here was 1900 PF. 1 for breakfast 1 for din. So we were thinking either Citrico or Narcoosee. Does anyone have a preference to either , or Should I try n get GFC perhaps? Plz any comments are appreciated... T.Y.
When is your visit? Narcoossee’s is currently closed for renovations, so Citricos it should be, which is excellent.

Both are excellent, expensive....... but actually worth the money. We don't always feel that the expense is worth it at some WDW signature restaurants, but these 2 restaurants are, at least when we went before covid. The food is awesome and the service was excellent as well. Haven't been back since 2019 unfortunately, so things might be a little different.

Narcoosee's is not open, so it's not an option right now. We just got back from Citrico's and loved it; highly recommended!

Narcoossees has been my favorite for years, I love having dinner by the water. Citricos wasn’t a favorite due to prior subpar service & just ok food. During our Nov./Dec. trip Narcoossees was closed so we gave the refurbed Citricos another try & we were impressed w/ service, food, & ambiance. It’s definitely back on the rotation for our GF stays.
I’m curious about what will happen when they reopen Narcoossees & whether they will go the fixed price dinning route. Also, when will they reopen 1900 PF?
We also ate at the GFC during our Nov/Dec stay - it was ok, I like the location & convenience of eating at the GFC when I’m staying at the GF, but it’s never been a must do for us.

When is your visit? Narcoossee’s is currently closed for renovations, so Citricos it should be, which is excellent.
We are heading down mid to late June... Always wanted to try Citricos but never got around to it.. Our kids are a lil older now/actually adults so they'll enjoy it more I'm sure.
Both are excellent, expensive....... but actually worth the money. We don't always feel that the expense is worth it at some WDW signature restaurants, but these 2 restaurants are, at least when we went before covid. The food is awesome and the service was excellent as well. Haven't been back since 2019 unfortunately, so things might be a little different.
LoL, What isn't expensive these days? even down there...LoL:confused3 Glad to hear all the good raves for the place though, thnx.
Citricos is quite good, but Narcoosee's is still closed for renovations. I also really enjoy Grand Floridian Cafe.
I didn't realize it was closed, Hopefully by the time we arrive it'll be open. GFC, I've heard is hard to get into as well, Not sure if this is true or not?
Narcoosee's is not open, so it's not an option right now. We just got back from Citrico's and loved it; highly recommended!
Bad that its closed ,Good that you've had a great meal. Will keep that in mind.
Narcoossees has been my favorite for years, I love having dinner by the water. Citricos wasn’t a favorite due to prior subpar service & just ok food. During our Nov./Dec. trip Narcoossees was closed so we gave the refurbed Citricos another try & we were impressed w/ service, food, & ambiance. It’s definitely back on the rotation for our GF stays.
I’m curious about what will happen when they reopen Narcoossees & whether they will go the fixed price dinning route. Also, when will they reopen 1900 PF?
We also ate at the GFC during our Nov/Dec stay - it was ok, I like the location & convenience of eating at the GFC when I’m staying at the GF, but it’s never been a must do for us.
Your 1st sentence is definitely part of the allure that drew our attention to wanting to eat here, bummer if it's still closed by then. 1900 we have no reason to re-visit there....It was very good actually, both breakfast and dinner/ some of the best character interaction TBH. Not sure when that'll re-open. but maybe we'll try on the walk up window once or twice if we don't get our ADR's for GFC.. thanx for the advice.

Construction Moves to Sugar Loaf Building at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

Signs now re-direct traffic to the Magic Kingdom boat launch as construction blocks the old pathway.

grand floridian construction jan 2023 8789

Sugar Loaf Building Construction at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa​

Sugar Loaf Building Construction

grand floridian construction jan 2023 8791

A new concrete pathway is still drying but will eventually lead to Gasparilla Island Grill.

grand floridian construction jan 2023 8793

grand floridian construction jan 2023 8794

1674418238575.jpeg

Narcoossee’s closed last summer for an extended refurbishment.

grand floridian construction jan 2023 8825

It’s surrounded by construction walls and shingles were removed from most of its roof. Black weather-proof sheathing protects the building from water damage.

grand floridian construction jan 2023 8827

1674418300993.jpeg

1674418339489.jpeg

*Click link for additional pics

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter