*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Fun Fact!

This Day in Disney History- June 28

Disney’s Grand Floridian Beach Resort Opens (1988)

On this day in 1988, Disney’s Grand Floridian Beach Resort opened.

Grand Floridian

Happy 35th anniversary to The Grand and to all the wonderful CMs who make our Disney home such a magnificent place to stay!

Happy anniversary to us, too, for having the good taste to buy into VGF. 😁 May we all have many more years of classic comfort and enjoyment there.

Last edited:

Summerhouse Roofing Replaced, Work Continues in Lobby at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

1688092848606.jpeg

Plants have been removed from the planters around the construction site in the Main Bldg.

grand floridian construction 1657

On the second floor, we noticed these white tarps over railings near the elevators. These railings are just decorative, but likely also being repainted.

grand floridian construction 1666

1688092977421.jpeg

1688092999844.jpeg

1688093018772.jpeg

1688093038187.jpeg

Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will celebrate its 35th anniversary on July 1, 2023.

*click link for additional pics.

Just joined the DVC this past April and the VGF is our home resort. We are so excited! We do have a waitlist set for the 3rd weekend in September…I hope our waitlist come true!
Good luck with your waitlist. We snagged the last week in September at the 7 month start date, in the only studio category they had available, and waitlisted the category we wanted. Looks like we’ll have to cancel the waitlist soon, so we can finalize our plans and bank points.

Just purchased our first contract - 150 pts direct at VGF - to take advantage of the current promotions. Very excited to be joining the DVC family. Already booked a stay at VGF for next Feb! Ended up choosing a deluxe studio for its split bathroom feature...our plan is to put the travel crib in there if our daughter can still fit (she'll be 3 by then). Any tips/recs for staying at VGF with a toddler, please let me know! We're really excited to be staying so close to MK.

Did have a question about renting a poolside patio..do you book it 60 days before when you check in or is it 60 days before the day you want to use it? Thanks for any help

Just purchased our first contract - 150 pts direct at VGF - to take advantage of the current promotions. Very excited to be joining the DVC family. Already booked a stay at VGF for next Feb! Ended up choosing a deluxe studio for its split bathroom feature...our plan is to put the travel crib in there if our daughter can still fit (she'll be 3 by then). Any tips/recs for staying at VGF with a toddler, please let me know! We're really excited to be staying so close to MK.
Its official! Purchased direct points at VGF today - the incentives are just too good! Looking forward to our first stay next year!
Just joined the DVC this past April and the VGF is our home resort. We are so excited! We do have a waitlist set for the 3rd weekend in September…I hope our waitlist come true!
:welcome:and Congrats! I’ll be happy to add you all to the Owners List!

Got our welcome home stay in February next year, taking my parents with us who have never even been to the USA before (we are from UK), will be a bit disappointed if the Lobby is under refurb still when we go, but even if it is its such a lovely resort <3

Got our welcome home stay in February next year, taking my parents with us who have never even been to the USA before (we are from UK), will be a bit disappointed if the Lobby is under refurb still when we go, but even if it is its such a lovely resort <3
We're taking our parents to GF this February too for their first visit to the resort (coming from stateside though) and hoping the same thing, that it's done and cleared out of construction by then too. Have they said how long it'll be going on?

We're taking our parents to GF this February too for their first visit to the resort (coming from stateside though) and hoping the same thing, that it's done and cleared out of construction by then too. Have they said how long it'll be going on?
Haven't heard any news about estimated completion date but presume every effort will be made to have the work done before the start of the holiday season.

We are going home to the Grand Floridian in two weeks!! We usually stay at the original DVC villa building, but this is the first time we are in the Big Pine Key DVC resort studios. I read that there is no check-in desk for that building. Does anyone know when we arrive the best building to check-in? Should we go to the main lobby or the other DVC building? We will be arriving on an early flight so we will most likely need our luggage held as well. Thanks for the help!

We are going home to the Grand Floridian in two weeks!! We usually stay at the original DVC villa building, but this is the first time we are in the Big Pine Key DVC resort studios. I read that there is no check-in desk for that building. Does anyone know when we arrive the best building to check-in? Should we go to the main lobby or the other DVC building? We will be arriving on an early flight so we will most likely need our luggage held as well. Thanks for the help!
Go to the main building. We checked in there for our resort studio stay in BPK. ( Loved the newly renovated room with two queen beds. Hope you do, too).. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter