• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Haven't heard any news about estimated completion date but presume every effort will be made to have the work done before the start of the holiday season.
Hope so. We'll be in a DLX Studio in early January and got the e-mail a few months back to expect construction.

Starting to think about room requests for my end of August stay in a standard view resort studio in BPK!

I know they are just requests, but my main preferences are fourth or fifth floor with a balcony, and preferably not a view of the Boca Chica stairwell.

Originally I thought I'd want to be on the end of BPK closer to the main building, but now that construction has started over there I'm pretty much good with anything that doesn't look directly at a stairwell. :upsidedow

I am renting points for this stay AND have a TouringPlans subscription. What do you all think would be the best way to go about submitting this request (and how to word it for the point rental agency)?

Thanks so much!!

Hope so. We'll be in a DLX Studio in early January and got the e-mail a few months back to expect construction.
Did I just dream it, or did I read a rumor that they were going to do ‘some’ of the lobby work then stop for the holidays & start again after the holidays?
Starting to think about room requests for my end of August stay in a standard view resort studio in BPK!

I know they are just requests, but my main preferences are fourth or fifth floor with a balcony, and preferably not a view of the Boca Chica stairwell.

Originally I thought I'd want to be on the end of BPK closer to the main building, but now that construction has started over there I'm pretty much good with anything that doesn't look directly at a stairwell. :upsidedow

I am renting points for this stay AND have a TouringPlans subscription. What do you all think would be the best way to go about submitting this request (and how to word it for the point rental agency)?

Thanks so much!!
Be aware many of the 5th & 4th floor BPK resort studios have the box balconies.
IMG_4945.jpeg

Did I just dream it, or did I read a rumor that they were going to do ‘some’ of the lobby work then stop for the holidays & start again after the holidays?

Be aware many of the 5th & 4th floor BPK resort studios have the box balconies.
View attachment 776303
Yep, I'm aware! Don't want to be TOO picky with my request and have them stick me in a first floor looking straight at the stairwell out of spite or something, lol. Plus the vaulted ceilings would be kind of cool.

Thanks so much!!
I’d use TP, since you have it. Otherwise you’ll have to ask the rental agency to ask the owner to contact DVC Member Services.

Go to the main building. We checked in there for our resort studio stay in BPK. ( Loved the newly renovated room with two queen beds. Hope you do, too).. :)
Same. I got both a text via the app and a call notifying me that our room was ready. We deliberately had a separate bag with our swim gear so we could lay by the pool. I’ve never stayed at the original DVC villa but we were on the top floor of BPK in a resort studio and loved it. Hope you have a great time as well!

Hi,
We have recently purchased our 1st Direct contract at VGF. I am looking to book a 2 bedroom villa there for next June. Could anyone advise whether these villas have a quiet vibe about them or is the lobby/pool/grounds busy?

I have a D who is autistic and loved the chilled vibe at OKW/SSR.

Many thanks in advance

Same. I got both a text via the app and a call notifying me that our room was ready. We deliberately had a separate bag with our swim gear so we could lay by the pool. I’ve never stayed at the original DVC villa but we were on the top floor of BPK in a resort studio and loved it. Hope you have a great time as well!
This is great to hear!

Hi,
We have recently purchased our 1st Direct contract at VGF. I am looking to book a 2 bedroom villa there for next June. Could anyone advise whether these villas have a quiet vibe about them or is the lobby/pool/grounds busy?

Many thanks in advance
The pool near the villas with the slide is NOT chill but the other pool not near villas is more chill IMHO

Hi,

Many thanks in advance

The Villa's themselves are quiet. The building is not busy and lobby is low key. When you are on the balcony if you have a standard view, I find it to be not loud. You can hear the fireworks at night in case those types of sounds are bothersome. The pool with the slide is busy and the kid splash area can be loud with all the spraying stuff, but the other pool without the slide is quieter and also has 0 entry for those who like it. I do find the resort to be relaxing and not overly loud especially in the DVC villa building.

The pool near the villas with the slide is NOT chill but the other pool not ne
The Villa's themselves are quiet. The building is not busy and lobby is low key. When you are on the balcony if you have a standard view, I find it to be not loud. You can hear the fireworks at night in case those types of sounds are bothersome. The pool with the slide is busy and the kid splash area can be loud with all the spraying stuff, but the other pool without the slide is quieter and also has 0 entry for those who like it. I do find the resort to be relaxing and not overly loud especially in the DVC villa building.
Many thanks, this is so helpful to know!

Requesting a quiet room may be your best option.

We must book a specific type that is lake view only and have been put in the 1st floor 1br lockoff and then another time in its studio.

That room is very near the launch guns for the MK fireworks that are anchored in the lake. There'll be repeated loud booms when those go off that might distress your son. We've often been awakened by those when turning in early.

If not booking lake view, you may not have a problem with this. I don't know how audible those may be in the standard view villas at VGF1.

More Scaffolding Installed, Ramp Closed During Exterior Construction at Disney’s Grand Floridian

There has been no visible change to the area blocked off in front of the Monorail station.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7234

Crews have been using lifts to work on the ceilingand railings overlooking the lobby.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7213

An ad for the reimagined Victoria and Albert’s.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7257

Similar signs featuring concept art are on the guest-facing sides of the construction walls.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7258

There is also concept art of the reimagined guest rooms.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7260

A crew member was in one lift working on the fourth-floor railings.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7259

A ramp near the Grand Floridian Café entrance is closed due to exterior refurbishment.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7209

There are construction walls lining some of the walkways.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7236

We noticed more scaffolding in this section of grass near the ramp.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7239

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7240

Outside, a sign points to a different ramp.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7241

The ramp is blocked off and the new scaffolding is surrounded by white construction walls.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7242

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7246

We noticed this broken curb, exposing steel beneath. Something — possibly a construction vehicle — must have ran into it.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7255

At another curve of the sidewalk, a mirror was installed to help with visibility when construction vehicles are driving around.

Construction continues outside Gasparilla Island Grill.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7247

Even more scaffolding has been erected above the restaurant, which remains open.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7248

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7249

We could see a pully system at the top of the scaffolding.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7250

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7251

Guests visiting Gasparilla Island Grill must walk through a tunnel of construction walls.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7252

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7253

We will be checking in for our first VGF stay since purchasing in one week! We will be staying 2 nights in the Lagoon View Resort Studios and then 4 nights in a 2 Bedroom Standard View Villa. I think my kids will be very spoiled with the 2 bedroom villa. I am not very happy with all of the scaffolding and construction walls around the main building but it is what it is and we will make the best of the situation.

The Grand Floridian Spa to Have Modified Operating Hours Beginning August 2023

Guests staying at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa should be aware that The Grand Floridian Spa will have modified operating hours from August 14 to mid-September as crews conduct roof work on the building. Guests in the area may see and hear construction work Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-12 p.m., but the spa will not open until work has concluded for the day.

Beginning August 14, The Grand Floridian Spa will have the following operating hours (subject to change):
  • Monday-Friday: 12:30-7 p.m.
  • Saturday & Sunday: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE: Some Construction Walls Removed From Upper Floors at Disney’s Grand Floridian

Updates are being made to the front desk reception area.

GrandFloridian-4-768x1024.jpg

In addition, scrims have been placed on the upper balconies.

GrandFloridian-5-1024x768.jpg

The upper levels of the main building are home to some of Grand Floridian’s Club Level rooms.

GrandFloridian-2-768x1024.jpg

During our visit to the Grand Floridian this afternoon, we were seeing signs of progress.

GrandFloridian-7-768x1024.jpg

As you can see from the image above, some of the scrims on the upper balconies have now been removed.

GrandFloridian-15-1024x768.jpg

However, there is still a lot of work to be done, particularly on the ground floor/lobby area.

GrandFloridian-6-768x1024.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter