*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Hi guys! Just wanted to give a heads up that it was just posted, on one of the groups I follow, that the white barrier walls surrounding The Grand (from Gaspy’s to GF Cafe) have come down.

ETA: my pic from a couple weeks ago:

1702589348809.jpeg

Photo online, taken today:

1702589397248.png

Last edited:
Grand Floridian Refurbishment Update - December 2023

From the monorail platform (below), construction walls are visible down at ground level.

Disneys Grand Floridian Resort Refurbishment 202312h

Scaffolding and construction crews are clearly visible on the upper floors as the roof is replaced, and siding repaired and repainted.

Disneys Grand Floridian Resort Refurbishment 202312e

All along the back of the building, lifts are raised and lowered as needed to help accommodate workers.

Disneys Grand Floridian Resort Refurbishment 202312g

From the walkway near the DVC building, workers and more scaffolding can be seen renovating upper floors of the building exterior. Additional walls surround the Main Building nearest the Beach Pool.

Disneys Grand Floridian Resort Refurbishment 202312a

Disney has not provided any indication of how much longer the work may take to complete. In fact, some believe that after the holiday season, additional renovations will begin again inside the resort's main lobby. At this time, all resort amenities, shops and restaurants are operating normally, with the exception of 1900 Park Farewhich has not reopened following the COVID-19 pandemic.

* I removed a couple of pictures as it appears they were taken prior to the barrier wall removal.

Any room recommendations for a 2-bed standard room at VGF?

I'm sure we will be happy with whatever we get, but figured it might be worth putting in a request if people can recommend any particular ones!

Is it just me or does gasparillas need a menu update? We were there three nights and by the third we had enough. With the construction at poly it was tough situation as the nearest theme park to pop into for food was mk (also our least favorite park for QS food).

If booking a resort studio theme park view, where are they located in Big Pine Key? Is there a particular room request that is good to put in? In earlier posts, I saw someone mention trees blocking the view?

Any room recommendations for a 2-bed standard room at VGF?

I'm sure we will be happy with whatever we get, but figured it might be worth putting in a request if people can recommend any particular ones!
For the 2BDRM SV, I asked for "Any room ending in -25, -13, or -07. Higher floor.". Got a nice room facing the main building and saw the monorail going past along with fireworks.

We had a wonderful stay Dec 2nd to Dec 5th and absolutely fell in love with the resort! The DVC
lobby was adorable and we spent time just sitting in there enjoying the quiet beauty vs the chaos of the big lobby in December. We loved our room and the view of our standard view. These pics were taken from our balcony.

Attachments

• Grand Flo 1.jpg
    Grand Flo 1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Grand Flo 2.jpg
    Grand Flo 2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Grand flo 3.jpg
    Grand flo 3.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Basin White Luxury Bath Store Closed at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

A message printed on the door clings reads:

Please pardon our appearance. This area is being refurbished for your future enjoyment.
1704742763969.jpeg

Based on the presence of the Basin White branding, it is possible that this could just be a refurbishment rather than a complete replacement. However, nothing is confirmed.

A look down the pathway with Basin White off to the right. All of the windows and doors are covered.

The window clings extend to every window of the storefront.

A potential replacement for Basin White or whether the store will return once refurbishment is complete is unknown. A Basin location is still open at Disney Springs.

Basin White Luxury Bath Store Closed at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

A message printed on the door clings reads:

1704742763969.jpeg

Based on the presence of the Basin White branding, it is possible that this could just be a refurbishment rather than a complete replacement. However, nothing is confirmed.

A look down the pathway with Basin White off to the right. All of the windows and doors are covered.

The window clings extend to every window of the storefront.

A potential replacement for Basin White or whether the store will return once refurbishment is complete is unknown. A Basin location is still open at Disney Springs.
Huge disappointment. My family was really looking forward to shopping here when we visit in the spring!

Huge disappointment. My family was really looking forward to shopping here when we visit in the spring!
Hopefully it won't be a long refurbishment and it will be opened up again before your trip. It's not a trip to the Grand without getting a little something from Basin White! I know the writer of the article is implying it may not return, but in my opinion, it's pretty obvious it's coming back, with their branding everywhere.

Hopefully it won't be a long refurbishment and it will be opened up again before your trip. It's not a trip to the Grand without getting a little something from Basin White! I know the writer of the article is implying it may not return, but in my opinion, it's pretty obvious it's coming back, with their branding everywhere.
Fingers crossed!

A lot of reports on fb, etc., of Cast Members saying Basin White will only be closed for about a month.
That’s good news, we always swing by on our first night to stock up on Basin bath bombs for the bubbler tub.

Anyone been recently? our welcome home trip is at the VGF on February 8th! Hoping that the lobby doesn't go under construction whilst we are there. Is there still lots of construction going on / scaffolding or is it mostly back to normal?

Anyone been recently? our welcome home trip is at the VGF on February 8th! Hoping that the lobby doesn't go under construction whilst we are there. Is there still lots of construction going on / scaffolding or is it mostly back to normal?
It's pretty much back to normal. The main floor of the lobby still needs to be done, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter