The Official What's For Dinner thread:Thursday 1-24-08? Recipe finder in OP. Enjoy! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKWMom

DIS Veteran
The storm has already passed. Dumped quite a bit of rain but we must have missed the extreme wind, yeah:cool1: .

OKWMom I've never had boiled peanuts. Do they taste much different?

Oh my yes. They are soft which can take some getting used to if you like them roasted, but they are addictive. You buy green peanuts from the produce section and boil them in salty water. After they are done, you let them brine in the salt water until they have the desired taste. They are best when they are hot, but I will eat them out of the fridge until they are gone. I craved them while preg. but due to my water retention, I couldn't have any. My wonderful father paid an arm and a leg to get me some out of season when my daughter was born.

Don't know if you saw it before I edited the second one or not. We've got to hook up over there, would love to meet you!!

I would love to meet you too! Since we mentioned it a couple of days ago, I've been thinking of good ways/times. I love the Boardwalk area, so maybe we could meet over a drink somewhere. I think we would have a great time.

I would love to meet you too! Since we mentioned it a couple of days ago, I've been thinking of good ways/times. I love the Boardwalk area, so maybe we could meet over a drink somewhere. I think we would have a great time.

I've been thinking about it too! Should it just be you and I or do you want to include the families? Mine would probably enjoy me being gone for a while.:rolleyes1 Boardwalk area has so many great places too!!!!!!

ETA: Forgot you're staying pretty far from me, so family meet would work!! Maybe we should PM about this and not take up space on this thread.

I am going to a baby shower this afternoon (my trainer). Afterward we are going out to eat, not sure where yet.

WFD at your house?

ETA: I was just sitting here trying to get an idea of what to make for dinner next week. I happened upon the pic of the Glynis Pizza Meatloaf Muffins. My husband happened to look up at the computer and saw it, then asked what restaurant that was at :) I told him it was a Glynis recipe and he said, "Ooooooooooooooooooh make that next week!" :lmao:

Thanks to all about the Kindergarten support. It is difficult. Caili and I are very close (not that Liam and I aren't, but it is different) and she has always been so Mommy-attached.
Anyway, with all that, I figured dessert was in order.

Kindergarten is a big step...:hug: I still cry...communion, school plays, etc.

Your pie looks great! :thumbsup2

That's baby Harley - a Shih Tzu - as a puppy. Here he is all grown up, his coat changed SO much - it still continues to lighten. He doesn't like the flash :lmao:

What a cutie! :) His coat has changes alot.

Ok all the truth with the lobster screams, BUT first let me say this: I grew up on the lobster boats....My uncle (a marine zoologist) and father (a lobsterman, barber and then in later years worked for the DMV----he can cut your hair, fail you for your license, and tie a bib around your neck in 10 min,lol) used to tie me with a rope when I was just starting to walk until I was around 5 so I could get around the boat but not go over board (thoughtfull huh?!!?) I was hauling pots by age 6 and by 7 I was putting stakes in their claws.....and yes one did get my finger and break it....SOOO onto what I know of the lobster and their cooking "sounds"
------Yes they do make a sound that seems like screaming, but it is only really the sound of vented steam from the layer of seawater between the lobster’s flesh and its carapace.

When we get our "road trip" together and get here to Maine .....I will cook them for you all.......all you will have to do is crack 'em up, and start dipping!!

The story of your uncle has me cracking up!!! :rotfl: Road trip, Road trip, Road trip!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

That is how Ross and I are.....he is my baby boy....we are super close and he still at the age of 10 loves to cuddle up with me......
QUOTE]

Andrew, my "Bean" are the same way. He is my little buddy.

I miss my "snuggle bug" baby boy.:sad1: He'll be 17 on Monday, I'd give anything to hear "Mommy" again.

Lauren - I may be wrong but I don't think I peeled the potatoes.

Happy Bithday Kyle!!! Is he getting his license that day?

Thank you for the potato tip! Another great recipe from Glynis!!! :love:

Thanks for the link. Keeping my fingers crossed to win one! :surfweb:

Let me know if you win. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

She's back to Zilla, Lauren. That is not a good sign :scared1:

I'm in trouble!!! :scared:

Last night DS and DD took us out to Friendly's to celebrate my oldest closing on his condo. I really don't know what to have for dinner tonight. I want tuna sandwiches but I am peevish with Buddy so I think we may have Quesadillas.

Did you have a Reeses Pieces Sundae??? We cannot go to Friendlys w/o having one!!!

What page is the recipe on? I can't find it.

I see Hersey found it for you...I actually crave these now! I could kiss Glynis for posting all her great recipes...:) .

I added a couple things like grated cheese to the meat.

Here I found it for you I'm going to make it for tomorrow's dinner It sounds nice and easy.

Enjoy! Thank you for finding it!!!

First day of hurricane season and there's a storm out there already, not a good sign. Looks like I'll have to drink my way through hurricane season, starting now!!:laughing:

:hug: - We had a huge rain storm here last night. The gutter over flowed and pounded on my garden...:sad1: ...More :hug: for you.

DD8 and DS are both out tonight, DH is working late and said to eat without him, so it is just DD9 and me. I fixed her some chicken nuggets and I have settled into a wonderful dinner of my one of my favorites......boiled peanuts and cold beer. My Daddy called me today to say he had just made a batch and had a ziplock bag in his fridge with my name on it. :cloud9:

He asked me if my DH liked them and I said "who cares?" He may never know I had them. ;)

What a swwet thing for your Dad to do...:flower3: .

ETA: I was just sitting here trying to get an idea of what to make for dinner next week. I happened upon the pic of the Glynis Pizza Meatloaf Muffins. My husband happened to look up at the computer and saw it, then asked what restaurant that was at :) I told him it was a Glynis recipe and he said, "Ooooooooooooooooooh make that next week!" :lmao:

I am glad that my picture is getting all you guys to try this recipe! :) They are really good!

I made the Glynis Ranch Potato Salad yesterday and it is another hit. Between the pot roast, the meatloaf muffins, and now the potato salad, she is a goddess in our house...:)

DF is taking me out tonight to a new restaurant...:cool1: . Even better, they have Rosa on the dessert menu!!! :thumbsup2

Have a great day all!

Not sure about dinner tonight. Dsis got me a movie theater gift card for my bday which includes free babysitting from her. So DH and I are going to see POTC tonight--that's after a long day of shopping--got some bday money to spend, baby shower gift to buy, paint to look at, etc. I think DH will be in need of a strong drink after all that! All I can say, is a day of shopping and some Capt. Jack eye candy tonight, what a glorious day!:love:

Tonight I plan on making Glynis's pizza meatloaf muffins. I can hardly wait.
I might even make a dessert of some sort. I work today for a few hours I'll have to see how much energy I have after 5 hours on my feet.;)

Stephanie Enjoy POTC and remember stay until the credits are all gone Yes they are long but stay until the very end.

We are going today to see DH's dad who is back in the hospital. His cancer treatments were going well, but they have discovered it in a new place so we are now back to wait and see. Anyway, we will probably have a late lunch after the hospital. We will probably go to a restaurant located on the water in Mt. Pleasant (technically Shem Creek) - Vickery's. They have some of the best burgers in Mt. Pleasant or one of my favorites, Cajun popcorn which are fried crawfish tails. They also have a lime marinated grilled grouper sandwich that is out of this world. I guess I'll have to decide when I get there.

Good morning everyone!

Lauren - :scared1: Yes, Kyle is getting his drivers license Monday, I'm petrified. That video had me :rotfl2: , that will be us one day, honey! Also, Glynis' potato salad is incredible if you heat it up. Kyle discovered this by accident.:cool1:

Steph - Sounds like you have a great day in store, girlfriend!! I hope you have a wonderful time.:woohoo:

Gretchen - I will keep DH's Dad in my prayers, I dealt with cancer (my Dad) for 15 years, it's like walking on eggshells.:hug:

DH has been asking for my Garlic and Wine Grilled Shrimp for a while so that's whats for dinner tonight along with Lemon Spaghetti and a Caeser Salad! YUMMO!!

Well, gang, this is it! We leave early tomorrow morning, so I'll be gone for a week. Don't have too much fun without me, ok? I'll bring back reports from DL so you'll have that to look forward to.

I think that I missed you, GLynis, but if you do see this.....Have a great time!

That is such a sweet story about Jacob. Caili calls me her snugglebug. She is my cuddlebug.

I love the "snuggle" names! I call Kady "My little snuggle muffin". I used to call Marisa "My little Delight" but I made the mistake in front of her teacher, and scarred her for life. Now she has picked out my "home" when I outlive my usefulness. I did not think it was that bad :confused3

Here I found it for you I'm going to make it for tomorrow's dinner It sounds nice and easy.

First day of hurricane season and there's a storm out there already, not a good sign. Looks like I'll have to drink my way through hurricane season, starting now!!:laughing:

It looks like this is going to be a long one, my friend. :hug:

He asked me if my DH liked them and I said "who cares?" He may never know I had them. ;)

You are a woman I can relate to :thumbsup2

The storm has already passed. Dumped quite a bit of rain but we must have missed the extreme wind, yeah:cool1: .
I'm glad you are safe. I saw the predictions on the news last night and thought of you. I never thought of Lauren, but I knew heavy weather was coming in from down state. She got it first. Sorry Zilla!

Lindsay- all Pookiepotpie has been asking me to make are those pizza muffins. They are on my menu for next week. Glynis is approaching rock star status in this house!

Not sure about dinner tonight. Dsis got me a movie theater gift card for my bday which includes free babysitting from her. So DH and I are going to see POTC tonight--that's after a long day of shopping--got some bday money to spend, baby shower gift to buy, paint to look at, etc. I think DH will be in need of a strong drink after all that! All I can say, is a day of shopping and some Capt. Jack eye candy tonight, what a glorious day!:love:

Have a great day! I can't drag buddy out shopping with me anymore. The last time was for my DS and DDIL wedding shower and he has been traumatized ever since:lmao::lmao::lmao:. I used him for a clothes rack and then did not buy anything. He did look cute wandering around like some poor lost Paul Bunyan with hangers dripping off his arms and a deer in the headlights look in his eyes. I did not ask him to carry my purse, though, so I figure he got of easy! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Good morning everyone!
Lauren - :scared1: Yes, Kyle is getting his drivers license Monday, I'm petrified.

You will need to be on Auto delivery for wine from now on! :dance3:

We are going today to see DH's dad who is back in the hospital. His cancer treatments were going well, but they have discovered it in a new place so we are now back to wait and see. Anyway, we will probably have a late lunch after the hospital. We will probably go to a restaurant located on the water in Mt. Pleasant (technically Shem Creek) - Vickery's. They have some of the best burgers in Mt. Pleasant or one of my favorites, Cajun popcorn which are fried crawfish tails. They also have a lime marinated grilled grouper sandwich that is out of this world. I guess I'll have to decide when I get there.

:grouphug:. Gretchen, I am so sorry to hear about your FIL. You know that he is in my prayers along with your family. I know that words can't fix this, but some of us have supported beloved family through this nasty disease, so maybe we can help. Don't hesitate to come here, we are with you in this.

Since we were all talking of our babies growing up too fast, I thought I would share this video...this is what will happen when we get older...our kids will post videos of us doing stupid things!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=14b_1180733190&p=1

OMG girl, this had me falling off my chair, and that is never a pretty sight! I want you to delete this before my two lurkers come out of hiding and get some ideas.....now do it ......do it now....... I may have to move in with you if they see this and they are let loose with their camcorders. (Are they still called camcorders???)

Dinner last night was quesadillas that Marisa made. Yummy! Pookiepotpie did not get stuck with tuna and Kadysmom avoided leftovers one more time!

I offered to fix DH a hot dog or a chicken sandwich, but he tried to get his own, dropped the chicken all over the floor, glared at the chicken all over the floor, tosses the poor chicken in the sink and proceeded to clean the poor floor, lost his appetite and had a granola bar :rotfl2:.

I have to add the "Road Trip" thing has me singing the theme song fro Lampoon's Vacation in my head, and it won't go away. After Buddy lost the war with the chicken, I kept seeing Clark at the Grand Canyon but I was giving him a little push :rolleyes1. DD says it is "justifiable" I just wanted to know if it would come under "AD&D" . Today is is almost back in my good graces, but he was very close.........................

I'm the newbie, but your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. It is such a horrible disease, but there are new drugs and therapys being found every day.

We've just been through this with my sister, so any support you need--please ask!

It's going to take awhile for me to learn names! :)

Lynne - I cheated for the longest time - I wrote down everyone's names and their screen names for quick reference!;)

Lauren - I showed Johnny the video, he works at a retirement center, he loved it and says he's seen a lot of that stuff happen at work.:rotfl:

We're going to my in-laws for a cookout later this afternoon. I don't know what we're having, but I'm going to go eat a piece of my blueberry pie before we leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter