The officially un-official tips and what we learned from our trip (All Star Sports)

While I *agree* with you that the DDP is not worth it (to *us*), the way your posts are coming across - at least to me - is like you're taking it as a personal affront that others might think the DDP is worth it to them. That is baffling to me.

Many people on the DIS understand the monetary component of the DDP - certainly more people here than I'd expect to find in the general public - and yet many still find it of value to them. That word value seems to be a sticking point with you because you are only equating it to the monetary meaning. There is more to the value or worth of something than the cost. The psychology you're referring to in the quoted post? The peace of mind that others have brought up that comes with all-inclusive things (like the DDP, places like Sandals, Cruises) - that IS a value to some people. That's not to say it is a monetary value, necessarily, but it *is* something people feel is worth paying for.

You don't agree, and it doesn't work for your family - that's fine! No one on this thread is saying you should do any differently for yourself and your family. But it not working for you doesn't mean it isn't worth it to some other family. It's not personal, it's not that they don't understand what you're saying (which is how many of your posts are coming across) - they have the same information you do, they understand it like you do - they just choose to use that information differently for their family.

I have read this entire thread thus far and I have to agree with this. This thread is getting volatile, so much so that I am scared to even say I agree with this poster. :duck:

Epcot- Electric umbrella Vegetable Flatbread - tomato pesto topped with mushrooms, feta cheese and arugula $9.99 Hand Tossed Caesar Salad - romaine, grilled chicken, Parmesan and Caesar dressing $7.99 Drinks-2.99 +2.99 Strawberry Cheesecake $3.99 Fruit Cup $3.79 Snacks- Frozen Banana - covered in nuts $3.75 Minute Maid Frozen Lemonade Cup $3.75 Dinner-Marrekesh Lemon Chicken Tangine - braised half chicken with garlic, green olives, and preserved lemon $25.99 Chicken Kebabs - brochettes of chicken breast, olive salad and dried fruit sweet couscous $24.99 Marrakesh Delight - fresh fruit salad topped with mint ice cream, toasted almonds and orange blossom water $5.99 Moroccan Symphony - Assorted Moroccan baklavas $6.99 drinks- 2.99+2.99 drinks at resort- 2.50 +2.50 With tax again at about 122.00

Well that Marrekesh dinner sounds heavenly. Totally kicking myself for not going there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter