Do you watch the Olympics?

• Yes, every two years.

• Only the Winter Olympics.

• Only the Summer Olympics.

• Never.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DisGirlAllie

DIS Veteran
My mum and I were discussing this the other day and I was curious what the DIS would have to say. She says that the saddest thing the IOC ever did was separate the Winter and Summer Olympics. She says that when they were every four years, people watched. Now that they're every two years, no one watches. Personally, I've watched every single year but I have family members on the olympic teams of various countries and sports. So, what I'm basically asking is do you watch every two years? Do you watch just the summer or just the winter? Or do you not watch at all?
Thanks!

FTR, I do watch every two years but I'm much more inclined to the winter games. I love me some curling, hockey, and figure skating!

I enjoy both the summer and winter Olympics. I watch the opening ceremony, the closing ceremony, and as much as possible in between.

Only the summer. It feels like there is much more emphasis based on the summer Olympics. More media coverage, advertising, and people tend to care more about it.

I can tell you where the summer Olympics have been for the past four times, but I couldn't tell you where the last winter one was held with any certainty. Maybe Vancouver?

I put every two years and only summer because I watch both but I care WAY more about summer and I spend more time watching the summer olympics than the winter olympics.

I love watching the Olympics, both summer and winter. Since I watch both, I'm glad they made it every 2 years so it's not as long waiting for an Olympics to roll around again. 4 years used to be a long time to wait. :)

I love watching the Olympics, both summer and winter. Since I watch both, I'm glad they made it every 2 years so it's not as long waiting for an Olympics to roll around again. 4 years used to be a long time to wait. :)

MTE! We watch both in our house, from opening ceremony to closing ceremony and as much in between as we can.

I watch everything I can! I may keep my dd up to watch some swimming or gymnastics this year.

I love the olympics! I am not athletic at all; however, I just love them! I get excite every year as they draw nearer!:goodvibes

Don't watch any of it.
Used to enjoy it years ago when it was all amateurs but no longer.
Leaving on a fortnights Mediterranean cruise July 28th just to get away from all the coverage! No papers, no television. Bliss.

ford family

I'll watch both, but enjoy the winter games more than summer. Face it, who DOESN'T like a rousing Curling match!!! However, I will get caught up in the swimming events (swam competitively in HS).

I watch both, although I tend to watch the winter games more than the summer ones. I think that's pretty much because I'm out and about more in the summer than in the winter.

I have to agree with the PP about the IOC's decision to let professional athletes perform. It was much more interesting when they were all amateurs (although I get the argument about some countries have amateur athletes that were the equivalent of professionals).

Four years ago, I took the opportunity to visit Beijing just before the Olympics and loved it. Next week I'm going to London to see it before their Olympics. I also watch as much as I can.

I said every 2 years, but definitely watch more Summer!! We even postponed our beach vacation until after the games this August.

I watch both, although I tend to watch the winter games more than the summer ones. I think that's pretty much because I'm out and about more in the summer than in the winter.

I have to agree with the PP about the IOC's decision to let professional athletes perform. It was much more interesting when they were all amateurs (although I get the argument about some countries have amateur athletes that were the equivalent of professionals).

Over the last 60 years it truly hasn't been an amateur athletic competition. I have no problem with the current system and watch as much as I can.

I watch winter and summer and look forward to both. It doesn't bother me that they're no longer in the same year, since now I only have to wait 2 years for another Olympics instead of 4!

I do prefer summer over winter because of swimming and track and field. But I do love watching the skiing in the winter and the luge!

I'm a total Olympics junkie. We watch opening and closing, then whenever we are home in between the TV is on. 2 years ago for the winter Olympics I was in the hospital with a gigantic kidney stone and insisting the nurses turn the TV on so I could watch the closing ceremonies. ;)

I like winter better but I watch both. I don't let it take over my world but I do enjoy it if the coverage is well done.

I watch both Winter and Summer. I'm even putting off canceling my cable tv package unitl after the games so I'll be sure to get full coverage, since some things will be on NBC's cable stations rather than the main network.

I vaguely remember the Miracle on Ice in '80 (I was four) and I very much remember watching the '84 summer games (Mary Lou and Greg Luganis especially), so I've been a fan my whole life!

And I love the opening and closing ceremonies! My favorite opening ceremony moment is still the archer lighting up the caldron with a fire arrow in Barcelona. That will never be topped!

I watch both summer and winter, love them. I was so glad when they went to every 2 years, there was too much time in between before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter