The PeopleMover Has Officially Reopened in Disney World!

It was a refurb of the motors, brakes and collision control system. The ride itself didn't change other than the vehicles should no longer bang into each other.:)
That's what I thought. Good for them though. It had its share of 'needs' and they did it. My son and I had to be evacuated several years ago, and walking that small curbing to an exit was hairy!

I don't get it. It's a tram to no where. I mean, if it was more immersive into each Tomorrowland attraction, ok cool. Or, took you somewhere, maybe I'd see the point of waiting in line. At least the Universal version is Dr. Seuss themed. Explain to me why this is sooo popular.

I don't get it. It's a tram to no where. I mean, if it was more immersive into each Tomorrowland attraction, ok cool. Or, took you somewhere, maybe I'd see the point of waiting in line. At least the Universal version is Dr. Seuss themed. Explain to me why this is sooo popular.
It's usually a very short wait to ride (less than 5 minutes), since it's constantly moving. You get a nice breeze, and it's a nice place to sit and relax away from other people, while actually being on a ride. I like sightseeing from there as well, you get a nice view of the park and any construction in the area.. Our family loves it. We've done 2 trips now while it's been down, and we've really missed it.

It doesn't usually have a wait, it comes with a seat and a nice breeze, and the narration touches a nostalgic chord that's tough to beat. What's not to love?

Our family loves it. We've done 2 trips now while it's been down, and we've really missed it.
We were there once while it was down and I was really surprised how much we all missed it. When I'm on it, usually early in the day while my kids do Space Mt, and seeing the parts of the park that it takes you through, I get that "Yup, I'm back in WDW" rush come over me and it makes me happy. Aside from my early morning ride, we usually ride it as a family, multiple times during our visits bc at some point in each day it's a nice break. "paging Mr Morrow. Mr. Tom Morrow" Oh the nostalgia!

PM is a perfect ingredient to a great day at MK. The ride itself is 10+ minutes where you can relax (off your feet) while watching the many awesome views of MK pass you by. MK is the theme of this attraction.
It’s great by day, great by night. Works well in any itinerary. Gives a much needed break but not boring.
In one word I’d call PeopleMover: invigorating 😊

It is a lot of nostalgia. When my son was just 5 he said it was his favorite thing in all of WDW. He was quite sensitive and overwhelmed by so much. We ride it quite a few times every trip. It's where we plan what the rest of the day will be like, talk about what was awesome about the day so far, and just chill. He will become a teenager in Disney later this year, and while it is not longer his favorite ride, I am excited we will be able to ride it multiple times again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter