• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The perfectly cooked egg

I pouch (ugh, poach not pouch!) eggs in the microwave. Put about 1/2 cup water in a 1 cup container, crack the egg into it and microwave for about 1 minute.

Last edited:
I have an egg steamer thing like the one pictured on the first page (but it's not a chicken). It produces perfect eggs every time and they are super easy to peel. I know you can do soft-boiled eggs in there but they gross me out, so I've never tried it!

Soft boiled eggs: Bring water to a boil, put egg into boiling water, set timer for 3 mins, 45 secs. Eat immediately.

Hard boiled eggs: start eggs in cold water, bring to a gentle boil and set timer for 7 mins, 30 secs. Remove from heat and let cool.

I have a hard boiled egg for breakfast every day during the week, I cook up 5 every Sunday.

I have an egg steamer thing like the one pictured on the first page (but it's not a chicken). It produces perfect eggs every time and they are super easy to peel. I know you can do soft-boiled eggs in there but they gross me out, so I've never tried it!
I have one of those, does a great job with hard boiled, but the soft boiled ones are hard to peel.

I was hoping there was something a little deeper than that.

I don't think so, if it is, I'm too stupid to get it. Lol. I just didn't think of the connection to the cops song, since all I was thinking about was cooking and food. My brain just didn't think the other way.

I too, have never seen an overcooked hardboiled egg. I have them for lunch everyday at work. My DD bought me a Henrietta the Hen egg cooker. You can poach, soft boil, or hard boil eggs. You just put the right amount of water in, and Henrietta does the rest. Generally speaking, the fresher the eggs, the harder they will be to shell when hard boiled. I shelled 6 last night, 4 were perfect, 2 the white stuck to the shell. Same carton of eggs, who knows?
maverick-henrietta-hen-egg-cooker-d-200802271938463~304154.jpg

That would make such a great gift for someone. :) (Might have to tell DH about it so he can buy it for me!! ;) )

I have an egg cooker and they always turn out perfect. Never have an issue peeling them. I usually make a couple on Sunday for breakfast Monday and Tuesday.

I too, have never seen an overcooked hardboiled egg. I have them for lunch everyday at work. My DD bought me a Henrietta the Hen egg cooker. You can poach, soft boil, or hard boil eggs. You just put the right amount of water in, and Henrietta does the rest. Generally speaking, the fresher the eggs, the harder they will be to shell when hard boiled. I shelled 6 last night, 4 were perfect, 2 the white stuck to the shell. Same carton of eggs, who knows?
maverick-henrietta-hen-egg-cooker-d-200802271938463~304154.jpg
A hard boiled egg is overcooked if it looks like the yolk is outlined with a grey ring. I've seen many overcooked hard boiled eggs.

Well, all stoves vary a little but what I do is, put the eggs in a pot with water covering them, turn on stove to high, once boiling, reduce to medium high, cook for 6 minutes. I like my eggs a little gooey in the centre, so this seems to be about the right amount of time. You an try adding 1/2 tsp of baking soda to your water, this is supposed to make them easier to peel.

I haven't tried this method but one of my daughters says that she cooks her eggs in the oven in a muffin tin. I haven't tried it but she says it is better than boiling.

I also do mine in the Instant Pot. 2 minutes on manual, then natural pressure release, Perfect every time and the shell comes of in one piece.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter