The Plaza menu

We were there about two weeks ago. We were just there for milkshakes and the loaded fries but the man at the next table had what I assume was the Monte Cristo. It looked like funnel cake stuffed with meat and cheese and a fruity sauce, and I couldn't imagine what it tasted like, so I asked him how it was - he said he's gotten it a million times and he's always loved it, but this time they changed it and it was disgusting. So, I don't think anyone is missing much.

I like a nice steak salad. Still miss the one at Jungle Navigation which never came back post Covid. Interested to try the Plaza version.

We were there about two weeks ago. We were just there for milkshakes and the loaded fries but the man at the next table had what I assume was the Monte Cristo. It looked like funnel cake stuffed with meat and cheese and a fruity sauce, and I couldn't imagine what it tasted like, so I asked him how it was - he said he's gotten it a million times and he's always loved it, but this time they changed it and it was disgusting. So, I don't think anyone is missing much.

We love the Monte Cristo in Disneyland and were very excited when it appeared on the Plaza menu. We all ordered one when we were there in December and didn't like it at all. The primary flavor was grease. Then (without going into graphic detail), a couple of hours later both my son and I were very much regretting our life's decisions :crazy2: . Trust me, you're not missing anything with it being taken off of the menu.

There was an article on dfb that there is allegedly a supply issue with turkey!?!
Interesting because there was a thread from someone recently saying he couldn't find a turkey leg in any of the parks.

It sounds like there must have been inconsistency with the Monte Cristo, with some people indicating it wasn’t good when they had it. Every time I had it at The Plaza, it was great, including the last time, in February. People at the tables on either side of me on the last trip also had the Monte Cristo and I overheard them saying they liked it too. I will very much miss it, and I was really looking forward to having it on my next trip.

Based on the recent updated menu I've cancelled my upcoming reservations for the Plaza. There is absolutely nothing on it that appeals to me.

It sounds like ppl like this place? I ate their once and it was simply awful.
Honestly, that will happen with every restaurant. Some people enjoy it and some people don't. Last time I was there was 8 years ago and we had a lovely meal.

Years ago we dined there and the food was great. Ate there just before everything shut down. Had a burger that was so greasy, you couldn't pick up the bottom part of the bun as it was soaked in grease and fell apart.. One of the worst meals I've ever had at WDW. Have not been back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter