• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The pollen at FW is really bad

rapriebe

DIS Veteran
Being from the north, I'm not used to pollen in February. The cars are all dusted with the yellow pollen that we are used to seeing in April/May timeframe. I never thought I would see it during the winter months, however the entire Fort is covered with it. The roadways have yellow puddles and the vehicles are covered with yellow. Boy, this sure surprised me but glad I brought my Allergy medicine with me.

:lmao:

We have been there when that stuff was falling. Frank had a fun time washing it off the TT.

ol' YELLER", my favorite color.
Remember the old Dristan tablets ? Back in my day thats what we used for allergies. For that matter, we used it for everything but headaches.

Yeah, it's raining at the Fort. Bye Bye pollen, at least for alittle while. The streaks running down the windows are yellow. My black car looked horrible. At least now maybe I can go outside later today. Can you tell how much this pollen stuff affects me??:sick:

Yeah, it's raining at the Fort. Bye Bye pollen, at least for alittle while. The streaks running down the windows are yellow. My black car looked horrible. At least now maybe I can go outside later today. Can you tell how much this pollen stuff affects me??:sick:

Yup, I can hear it in your voice. :lmao:

This is probably a really stupid question but is there pollen in the fall? We are thinking of renting a cabin next fall and my son is extremely allegeric to pollen. He is on a prescription med but his eyes still swell up if he comes in close contact with pollen. We live in Pennsylvania so it is only for a few months in the spring and summer.

I would like to ask the same question about April. Is the pollen really bad then too? I also have a 6 year old son who has sever outdoor allergies and asthma. This will be our first time at the Fort.

Only 49 more days!!!! :banana:

Pollen...yes its that time of year...my maples are budding....Yea spring is around the corner,

SO that's what that stuff was on my car when we left this morning! Thanks for clearing that up...dh's truck was fine but it's gold...:rotfl2:..so you can't see the yellowish color, mine being gray, well it's still on there after a 3 hr ride home so I'll have to hose it off tomorrow. Hope the cats aren't allergic to it LOL, they sleep on the car in the garage at night...:lmao:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter