The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just came back from a visit staying at Poly. The new tower looks so out of place between the Poly and GF.

Our family kept commenting on what an eyesore it currently is (it is just a big slab of concrete right now). Even when complete, I think it will be weird having three different resorts so close to each other. I know Poly1 and Poly2 are supposed to be "the same" but they are totally different designs/theming.

I think the biggest issue we have is the height. Poly2 towers over the Poly1 buildings and you can see it from the pools and other areas. So it takes away from the secluded island vibe that Poly1 offers.

Just came back from a visit staying at Poly. The new tower looks so out of place between the Poly and GF.

Our family kept commenting on what an eyesore it currently is (it is just a big slab of concrete right now). Even when complete, I think it will be weird having three different resorts so close to each other. I know Poly1 and Poly2 are supposed to be "the same" but they are totally different designs/theming.

I think the biggest issue we have is the height. Poly2 towers over the Poly1 buildings and you can see it from the pools and other areas. So it takes away from the secluded island vibe that Poly1 offers.
Agreed. Right now, it looks like a prison. Hopefully they will work some magic and transform it into something that fits in better with its surroundings.

The current add on availability for PVB is frequently overlooked. VGF's sold out price was removed for a year prior to them selling it again direct for cheaper. They wouldn't sell you VGF. At this stage Polynesian is still available at its higher sold out price (I believe the recent brief incentives ended March).
This is an excellent point, now that we are at about a year until sales. If Poly1 gets pulled soon, that's a big sign.

It could also get pulled silently. Just because it appears to be available doesn't mean they will sell it to you.

It's like a hotel chain found the secluded island and put a hotel right next to village on the island. Worlds colliding.

This is an excellent point, now that we are at about a year until sales. If Poly1 gets pulled soon, that's a big sign.

It could also get pulled silently. Just because it appears to be available doesn't mean they will sell it to you.

We will have to watch direct sales numbers as well. If all of a sudden PVB has no direct sales, it might be another clue.

With the announcement of the Ft. Wilderness Cabins being the "17th Disney Vacation Club property" - can we finally put to rest Poly2 being its own association (since it should be the 17th behind VDH, and the cabins the 18th.)

With the announcement of the Ft. Wilderness Cabins being the "17th Disney Vacation Club property" - can we finally put to rest Poly2 being its own association (since it should be the 17th behind VDH, and the cabins the 18th.)
Uhh, no. The cabins will be on sale first.

I wish Disney would release some more information... any information on this project. I am getting antsy on making some decisions.

Looks like Reflections had a slew of concept art released about 10 months after the original announcement? It has been over a year now with no new information for Poly2 and with the tower progress moving pretty quick, it seems like we are overdue.

Anybody hear anything from their guides? I thought I remembered someone saying their guide hinted at more info coming out around the same time as VDH. Our guide left/retired so I don't have anyone to bug about this :)

Last edited:
We will have to watch direct sales numbers as well. If all of a sudden PVB has no direct sales, it might be another clue.
If I remember correctly, with the GFV did they not increase the number of contracts taken by ROFR? So if we see a big increase in the ROFR of Poly1 it would seem to me an indicator that the Tower will be part of the same association.

If I remember correctly, with the GFV did they not increase the number of contracts taken by ROFR? So if we see a big increase in the ROFR of Poly1 it would seem to me an indicator that the Tower will be part of the same association.

Once it was announced, they stopped ROFR and stopped sales. Some believe that the lack of ROFR indicates it will be the same, but I think it can go either way.

If its the same, they don't need to ROFR because they will have plenty of Poly tower points to sell and will deed to the tower...that is what is happening with VGF...all new deeds go to BPK, even though DVD owns points that are deeded to the original building.

If it is different, they don't need to ROFR because they won't be selling PVB...they will want to sell the tower and thus, why worry about how many points that have to offer someone who wants PVB as a sold out resort.

That is what is so strange with all of this is because every move they have made is vague enough that we can make an argument either way.

I still believe it will have restrictions and that the announcement of CFW coming will allow them to add a third restricted resort, which then helps them sell Poly tower as the 4th one and it won't seem out of line anymore.

Just wish they would say! I am still hoping when sales begin next week for VDH, they announce so that it can be used as in the sales pitch as either a restricted resort or not!

My hope is that all rooms aside from the expected duo rooms will sleep a minimum of five but VDH studios only sleeping four when it was a new build has me concerned.

Have we had confirmation, or even a hint about duo rooms? My interest in the property strictly rests on that.

Have we had confirmation, or even a hint about duo rooms? My interest in the property strictly rests on that.
No confirmation that I am aware of. Just a guess since they have been included in the plans for the last three new builds (Riv, Reflections, VDH). Seems like a good marketing ploy for Disney to keep the "rooms starting at" price really low.

We are trying out the tower at Riv next year and I am excited to see how we like it. I would be happy with some duo room options at Poly2 for when we are sans kids.

For what it’s worth, we had our first stay at PBV earlier this month and didn’t notice the big slab of concrete when hanging out on lawn, at the pool, etc, but I’m usually looking toward the lagoon at all times if possible. We did plan to walk from VGF home and were advised by the people at VGF that we shouldn’t due to construction that it would be a long, unpleasant walk.

We are in ROFR at VGF, but would have purchased at Poly if we were confident it would be 1 association.

Once it was announced, they stopped ROFR and stopped sales. Some believe that the lack of ROFR indicates it will be the same, but I think it can go either way.

If its the same, they don't need to ROFR because they will have plenty of Poly tower points to sell and will deed to the tower...that is what is happening with VGF...all new deeds go to BPK, even though DVD owns points that are deeded to the original building.

If it is different, they don't need to ROFR because they won't be selling PVB...they will want to sell the tower and thus, why worry about how many points that have to offer someone who wants PVB as a sold out resort.

That is what is so strange with all of this is because every move they have made is vague enough that we can make an argument either way.

I still believe it will have restrictions and that the announcement of CFW coming will allow them to add a third restricted resort, which then helps them sell Poly tower as the 4th one and it won't seem out of line anymore.

Just wish they would say! I am still hoping when sales begin next week for VDH, they announce so that it can be used as in the sales pitch as either a restricted resort or not!
I think it would go either way as well. I can't see how lack of ROFR on poly indicates anything. Poly has only had a handful of contracts ROFR'd here since it existed.

No confirmation that I am aware of. Just a guess since they have been included in the plans for the last three new builds (Riv, Reflections, VDH). Seems like a good marketing ploy for Disney to keep the "rooms starting at" price really low.

We are trying out the tower at Riv next year and I am excited to see how we like it. I would be happy with some duo room options at Poly2 for when we are sans kids.
Do the Duos connect? We are “never in the room” type of travelers on most trips and we would probably be very happy with connecting rooms, but our kids are too small to have their own rooms.

Do the Duos connect? We are “never in the room” type of travelers on most trips and we would probably be very happy with connecting rooms, but our kids are too small to have their own rooms.
No they do not. The only studios that connect are the ones at PVB, and the resort studios at VGF....even then, it is a request and not a booking category...so its not guaranteed.

We did not get them last summer when BPK @ VGF opened. But, we didn't have little kids either...my guess is when they see the request with one adult and children on each room, they prioritize them for connecting if at all possible, over just adults...which is what we were.

No they do not. The only studios that connect are the ones at PVB, and the resort studios at VGF....even then, it is a request and not a booking category...so its not guaranteed.

We did not get them last summer when BPK @ VGF opened.
Thanks for sharing the info—very important until my older kid is responsible enough to potentially be on her own (I guess if it was our only option my husband and I could split up). I believe all current PVB studios (and I think all resort studios at VGF) sleep at least 4?

Does DVC have an official policy on age to sleep alone with no adult in the room but traveling with parents?

Thanks for sharing the info—very important until my older kid is responsible enough to potentially be on her own (I guess if it was our only option my husband and I could split up). I believe all current PVB studios (and I think all resort studios at VGF) sleep at least 4?

Does DVC have an official policy on age to sleep alone with no adult in the room but traveling with parents?

Both of the PVB and VGF studios sleep 5. The official rule is that all guests be 18 in a room. If rooms are not connecting, they may not even be close...we have had trips where some of us were on first floor, different ends of the hallway and the third room was on the 3rd floor...

They were good to us with two studios at AKL. We had our twin boys 11 and older son 17 in a room connecting to us with the adults and the baby in the second room. We were supposed to be in a two bedroom villa, but they had a maintenance issue and had to move us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter