• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm still curious if they'll have more of the VGF resort style studios with two beds. As a lock-off, that would be way more desirable for us to have two dedicated beds - and I think the two real bed option has been popular.
The Resort Studios have definitely been popular.

And if they were used in a lock-off, it would be more similar to a dedicated 2BR, which also has 2 beds in the second bedroom (but no kitchenette...Resort Studios have a kitchenette-ette). May even remove the need for dedicated 2BR that recent DVC have had.

But they are available and it’s getting much harder to get a Deluxe studio. We prefer the sofa/Murphy over the dedicated second bed (though I think at VGF the biggest selling point of the Deluxe Studios over the resort studios is the 2 bath layout).

And if they were used in a lock-off, it would be more similar to a dedicated 2BR, which also has 2 beds in the second bedroom (but no kitchenette...Resort Studios have a kitchenette-ette). May even remove the need for dedicated 2BR that recent DVC have had.
Resort studios don’t have a kitchenette- no sink just a microwave and mini fridge in a cabinet- this is the same setup as most regular hotel rooms.

Resort studios don’t have a kitchenette- no sink just a microwave and mini fridge in a cabinet- this is the same setup as most regular hotel rooms.
That's why I called it a kitchenette-ette. It's a sub-kitchenette arrangement but it's still more than you get in the 2nd bedroom of a 2BR: nothing.

I'm clearly in the minority. But I much prefer the resort studios with the two beds and couch to the regular studio. This is especially true for shorter trips (like RunDisney) where we have two adults that don't want to share the same bed.

I'm clearly in the minority. But I much prefer the resort studios with the two beds and couch to the regular studio. This is especially true for shorter trips (like RunDisney) where we have two adults that don't want to share the same bed.

Until VGF resort studios, I believe OKW was the only WDW DVC property to offer this layout. When we booked family members for a couple trips, we had to book OKW because of the two real beds.

Newer Murphy bed/couches are far more comfortable than the old sofa beds.

It will be so easy to watch fireworks from many locations at the tower and Polynesian resort. Seems like standard view rooms could book at 10-11 months most of the year.

Last edited:
That's why I called it a kitchenette-ette. It's a sub-kitchenette arrangement but it's still more than you get in the 2nd bedroom of a 2BR: nothing.

Only if a dedicated 2 bedroom..which has the full access to the kitchen as it’s one room with one entrance.

Lock off 2 bedrooms get the benefit of both full kitchen and kitchenette.

We did stay in a resort one night and I just didn’t like having only a bathroom sink.

What we don’t like about the resort studios at VGF is that we cannot sit on a couch to watch tv. We don’t like sitting on a bed when watching tv. But we are also a small family that doesn’t need two beds. I can see that some people prefer to have two beds.

You're not in the minority. No adult wants to sleep on the Murphy bed. However, it's way better than the old sofa beds.

I think it's great DVC has both options.

Nothing more than speculation based on “late 2024” opening.
Patiently waiting. Hopefully early 2024 we will get a little insight into the association of choice. I feel it will be a new association but I can see the argument for existing, especially if you already own at Poly 🤣🤣🤣

Are there any progress pics floating around? I haven’t seen anything since the beginning of June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter