The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For what its worth, I called MS to inquire on the new Poly Tower and was told the tower will be part of the original deed and points purchased will be good at the original Poly (I) and new Tower (II).

Two days later I got a call from a DVC guide stating that they should not have told me that and no decisions would be made until early 2024.

For what its worth, I called MS to inquire on the new Poly Tower and was told the tower will be part of the original deed and points purchased will be good at the original Poly (I) and new Tower (II).

Two days later I got a call from a DVC guide stating that they should not have told me that and no decisions would be made until early 2024.
Sounds like someone let the cat out of the bag and got into trouble for revealing non-public information. There have been a couple of other reports here of CMs telling people that it would be the same association, but I haven’t seen any reports of any CMs saying it would be a new association. While they clearly are keeping their options open, I think these reports show us which way they are leaning.

Shiny new blue card (to add to my current non-blue card points) here I come!

(yes I'll take it with a grain of salt but let me have my joy)

Thanks for sharing, this is fascinating, but ultimately I don't think it holds much value for determining the association status. Most of my fascination is that it's a little bit of light into how their internal information flows, though!

General rule for large companies: only tell customer-facing employees information that you're okay with a customer finding out. By default we should rule out that they officially informed MS cast members about the association plans. There is no value in telling them now and asking them to keep it a secret for what will likely be months. Same with the guides.

Another thing about call centers: it's extremely unlikely all calls are reviewed in full, it just takes too much time (and therefore $). So that means that the original call must have been flagged to trigger a proactive follow-up call.

Most likely candidates, in my opinion:
  • Random review by management or evaluators. Maybe 1-10% of calls are listened to for quality and this was a lucky selection.
  • Comments left in a survey, or a negative survey, from @snystedt. A negative survey would very likely result in a call review.
  • MS cast member flagged the question themselves. Maybe they realized they made a mistake. Maybe they just wanted it in internal documentation. Maybe they informally asked a peer/manager as a confidence check.

In addition to how it was flagged, the proactive follow-up also says that the topic is sensitive enough to receive a proactive follow-up from a guide. Which means they really don't want customers to know, at least this far in advance. So I think if there is any value in this info for association status, it's that they really don't want us, as customers, to know in advance. Which we already knew, because they haven't told us. 🙃

I know many people love Riviera but I believe if the Poly2 is the same association it will really hurt sales at the Riviera. The restrictions at only one resort really becomes a negative.
If it hadn't been for COVID we probably would've had Reflections which would've also been resale restricted more than likely but once that was scrapped it's created a large gap between construction of resale restricted resorts.

As a Riviera owner, I am feeling a little bit like the red-headed stepchild here hanging in the breeze as the only restricted WDW property. Not the end of the world as it's where we wanted to own, but it is starting to piss me off if we're left to be perpetually considered outside park limits, as will the Cabins at Fort Wilderness when those come online. I was thinking Poly 2.0 would definitely be a new association to force the issue and for all the other reasons previously posted, but now I'm not so sure.

We do want Poly 2.0, but we aren't studio folks, so OG Poly isn't really a thing for us. I don't love the idea of a million OG Poly studio points competing for one and two-bedrooms, or even duo/tower studios at the new tower. This is our Thanksgiving week/early December planned home base of operations, and I'll be rethinking buying if it's all one association.

As a Riviera owner, I am feeling a little bit like the red-headed stepchild here hanging in the breeze as the only restricted WDW property. Not the end of the world as it's where we wanted to own, but it is starting to piss me off if we're left to be perpetually considered outside park limits, as will the Cabins at Fort Wilderness when those come online. I was thinking Poly 2.0 would definitely be a new association to force the issue and for all the other reasons previously posted, but now I'm not so sure.

We do want Poly 2.0, but we aren't studio folks, so OG Poly isn't really a thing for us. I don't love the idea of a million OG Poly studio points competing for one and two-bedrooms, or even duo/tower studios at the new tower. This is our Thanksgiving week/early December planned home base of operations, and I'll be rethinking buying if it's all one association.
I'll likely still buy in but it being all in the same association makes me much more likely to buy resale if that's the case. If they're very aggressive with their incentives I may consider direct.

We are in the same boat. We are hoping it’s another association because I don’t want to compete with all the bungalow/studio points for one bedrooms. That’s why I’m holding out from VGF too, the resort studios really put pressure on booking one bedrooms.

However, I am fine with the restrictions at Riviera. I don’t plan on selling ever but I doubt we would have a problem with selling if we did. We have small contracts at RIV and with boardwalk/beach club going offline sooner than rather RIV as a Epcot resort is going to look really good.

True, but if they ever decide to flip/convert Yacht Club to DVC before 2042, that's going to kill Riviera resale. We don't plan/want to sell, but I don't want to offload points at Vero price points in case of an emergency, either. DVC has been building up all around MK, so I'm guessing they need to start paying attention to Epcot/HS area.

In my fantasy world, they announce at D23 a Skyliner expansion to Grand Destino/All Stars/Animal Kingdom and convert Grand Destino into DVC. It's beautiful over there, and Animal Kingdom needs some love. If they ever do the Blue Sky AK stuff teased last year, Skyliner over to AK would immediately bump up Riviera value a ton, push sales there, and shore up AKJ/AKK values, maybe disperse crowds away from MK/HS a bit, too.

Just spitballing. We're in it for the long haul, but more information on Poly 2.0 room configuration/amounts and amenities/point charts would be nice!

That’s why I’m holding out from VGF too, the resort studios really put pressure on booking one bedrooms.
We have found no impact of competition from the new points on our ability to book VGF 1 and 2 BR. VGF 1BR availability is wide open right now for next April, May, and June. For busier times like December it might be slightly tricker, but I would be very surprised if you could not get a 1 BR at exactly 11 months. The vast majority of people would rather use their points to stay in a studio.

True, but if they ever decide to flip/convert Yacht Club to DVC before 2042, that's going to kill Riviera resale. We don't plan/want to sell, but I don't want to offload points at Vero price points in case of an emergency, either. DVC has been building up all around MK, so I'm guessing they need to start paying attention to Epcot/HS area.

In my fantasy world, they announce at D23 a Skyliner expansion to Grand Destino/All Stars/Animal Kingdom and convert Grand Destino into DVC. It's beautiful over there, and Animal Kingdom needs some love. If they ever do the Blue Sky AK stuff teased last year, Skyliner over to AK would immediately bump up Riviera value a ton, push sales there, and shore up AKJ/AKK values, maybe disperse crowds away from MK/HS a bit, too.

Just spitballing. We're in it for the long haul, but more information on Poly 2.0 room configuration/amounts and amenities/point charts would be nice!
Agreed completely! Grand Destiny would be an amazing DVC addition to be sure. The next 10 years will be very interesting for DVC to be sure.

I know many people love Riviera but I believe if the Poly2 is the same association it will really hurt sales at the Riviera. The restrictions at only one resort really becomes a negative.

It's not at one resort. It's at DLH, it's going to be a Fort Wilderness, etc.

Most new DVC owners have no idea. They purchase DVC as an impulse when they're caught up in the magic. They're not buying to sell anyway.

The constant obsession with resale restrictions on this forum is not the norm. Most people just don't care. They're going to buy it anyway. It's sort of like Genie+.

Something that tends to get overlooked about RIV resale prices is that the resort is still not sold out. We don't know what resale prices will be 2 to 5 years after the resort is "sold out" and incentives are not available.

The fact that they're averaging around $130 per point, it's pretty good considering.

It's not at one resort. It's at DLH, it's going to be a Fort Wilderness, etc.

Most new DVC owners have no idea. They purchase DVC as an impulse when they're caught up in the magic. They're not buying to sell anyway.

The constant obsession with resale restrictions on this forum is not the norm. Most people just don't care. They're going to buy it anyway. It's sort of like Genie+.

Something that tends to get overlooked about RIV resale prices is that the resort is still not sold out. We don't know what resale prices will be 2 to 5 years after the resort is "sold out" and incentives are not available.

The fact that they're averaging around $130 per point, it's pretty good considering.
I should have been specific- one resort at WDW.

To me POLY2 is more a comparison resort to Riviera than Fort Wilderness that is why I think it matters.

We would love this the kid is a huge Yacht Club fan. The family dream is/was Poly with a 2 bedroom category. We need a 2 bedroom for our family trips. As empty nesters we can stay in the studios for a weekend.

We are waiting for Poly2 and assume new associate and restrictions. The point charts for a 2 bedroom in October is going to hurt. Good thing college tuition days are over for us.

If a DVC tower happened at Yacht Club we would need to buy there as well. Truly a first world problem!

We are for the long haul as well but succession planning for that next generation is our mission. We need some 2070 resorts.

I'll likely still buy in but it being all in the same association makes me much more likely to buy resale if that's the case. If they're very aggressive with their incentives I may consider direct.
I'm thinking if it's all one association, Poly1 resales will jump a lot higher. Yes? No?

I'm thinking if it's all one association, Poly1 resales will jump a lot higher. Yes? No?
Probably yes. We may have a situation similar to what we have with VGF right now where resale prices aren't too far off from direct in which case I'll end up buying direct. PVB resale right now can be had for 130s ish if direct with incentives can be brought to 160s-170s I'll probably do it just so I have more points I can use at RIV, VDH, FW, etc.

Yes, because the only things PVB resale buyers will miss compared to those buying the new PVB tower direct will be the ability to book RIV and VDH (and blue card perks if they are not existing owners). Because of this I would expect PVB resale to jump maybe by $30 a point or so from current levels, depending on what the PVB tower direct pricing turns out to be.

Looking at the poll question at the top I'm kind of surprised to see that it's almost 2 to 1 in favor of the new tower being part of the old association. It's from the beginning of May. I wonder if the same poll was taken today if the numbers would stay the same?
It's still the same question for the "want" side - people who want access to the existing studio availability and/or to finally get the larger villas that were originally part of the PVB plans or those that want longer contract and less competition for the larger villas. Or the group who wants a new 50 year contract.

If buying direct the access to future resorts is the same no matter if it's separate or not.

People bring up all the Bungalow points but that hasn't shown itself to be an issue with the existing resort. People bring up that it will make access to larger rooms more difficult but so far VGF hasn't shown that to be much of a problem, at least yet. And if that does change I think that will have more to do with the hotel room type studios they built. More people still want studios and adding to the existing association might actually give that perfect mix that DVC has struggled with so long.

For the DVC decision side? I'd still say it could go either way.
(edit - actually I think being part of the same still makes more sense for DVC to do)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter