The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sounds like someone let the cat out of the bag and got into trouble for revealing non-public information. There have been a couple of other reports here of CMs telling people that it would be the same association, but I haven’t seen any reports of any CMs saying it would be a new association. While they clearly are keeping their options open, I think these reports show us which way they are leaning.

I have heard of reports that could be inferred as new..but I agree, we have seen a few more the other way…however, in all my trips and discussions with many guides and kiosks people, they have been clear that they do not know and that anyone indicating differently is sharing an opinion and nothing more.

The fact that the made a point of calling to clarify it could be inferred that it is wrong info too.

I know many people love Riviera but I believe if the Poly2 is the same association it will really hurt sales at the Riviera. The restrictions at only one resort really becomes a negative.

Even if Poly tower is incorporated, FW cabins are coming on board and most likely will have them so it won’t be the only one.

And, since they did add to VDH, they clearly still want it to be part of the product.

I could be wrong but why not heavily discount the buy in at new Poly, it’s already got the highest studio point chart some times of the year you need over 200 points for a week! The new Theme Park View Studios and 1/2BR will be eye watering numbers too.
Most buyers will need 300-499 points to get 2 weeks vacation per year.

Even if Poly tower is incorporated, FW cabins are coming on board and most likely will have them so it won’t be the only one.

And, since they did add to VDH, they clearly still want it to be part of the product.
If Poly is made into the same association I'll likely buy less than I had intended but I'll buy direct to still be able to use at RIV, FW cabins, VDH and who knows what else. Maybe 200 instead of the 300 I had intended. The remainder I may use for a another future direct purchase.. maybe say Yacht Club? (one can dream) :P

Last edited:
If Poly is made into the same association I'll likely buy less than I had intended but I'll buy direct to still be able to use at RIV, FW cabins, VDH and who knows what else. Maybe 200 instead of the 300 I had intended. The remainder I may use for a another future direct purchase.. maybe say Yacht Club? (one can dream) :P
All this YC DVC talk today has me salivating

Yacht Club DVC would make sense as their next move after FW cabins no? Oof that would be sold out faster than a Mickey balloon is let go by a toddler as soon as a parent hands it to them.

And again talking about wishes would love Poly 2 as part of PVB and because they would be dealing with resale as competition I think that would force their hand to make incentives extremely aggressive. And it's because of this I just can't see how they choose this route. My second dream choice would be separate association with no restrictions. For that I would gladly pay closer to 200 a point. Either way I'm more than likely going to let these current GFV incentives expire without taking advantage. It's like Let's Make A Deal...I want to see what's behind Door number Poly 2

Last edited:
We have found no impact of competition from the new points on our ability to book VGF 1 and 2 BR. VGF 1BR availability is wide open right now for next April, May, and June. For busier times like December it might be slightly tricker, but I would be very surprised if you could not get a 1 BR at exactly 11 months. The vast majority of people would rather use their points to stay in a studio.
Yes, exactly this 👆🏻

Yacht Club DVC would make sense as their next move after FW cabins no?

There are a few drawbacks to converting 1/2 of Yacht Club to DVC.

At least pre-COVID, Yacht and Beach Club's convention center was a profit center for Disney ($$$$$), but most attendees stay at YC ($$$).

YC is large resort with something like 650 rooms. Around 10% of those are dedicated to concierge, making it one of the largest on property. They're also very popular with conference attendees ($$$).

YC also has some odd room configurations including pet-friendly (dog) rooms ($$$) and something like 20+ suite options ($$$).

There's a lot more to consider, but ultimately it'll come down to reducing risk and timing.

I know many people love Riviera but I believe if the Poly2 is the same association it will really hurt sales at the Riviera. The restrictions at only one resort really becomes a negative.
Maybe not, if it's priced correctly in comparison to the other resort. Hasn't RIV sold just as well as VGF when priced a little lower?

If the prices need to be reduced significantly to sell I consider that hurting sales. Both direct and resale.
Wouldn't that be another good reason for Disney to make it a separate association? Also, I doubt Disney is in a big hurry to sell out Riviera. It's a great resort for cash reservations.

If the prices need to be reduced significantly to sell I consider that hurting sales. Both direct and resale.
But isn’t that what they had to do to get current sales at VGF to become strong? It could not compete with RIV when it was more expensive.

No matter what is done, price is the number one factor in swaying new buyers to one resort or the other.

There are a few drawbacks to converting 1/2 of Yacht Club to DVC.

At least pre-COVID, Yacht and Beach Club's convention center was a profit center for Disney ($$$$$), but most attendees stay at YC ($$$).

YC is large resort with something like 650 rooms. Around 10% of those are dedicated to concierge, making it one of the largest on property. They're also very popular with conference attendees ($$$).

YC also has some odd room configurations including pet-friendly (dog) rooms ($$$) and something like 20+ suite options ($$$).

There's a lot more to consider, but ultimately it'll come down to reducing risk and timing.
I'm assuming the answer to this is no but could you see them adding on any new wings/additions that would minimize the impact to the cash guests that make it so popular?

I'm assuming the answer to this is no but could you see them adding on any new wings/additions that would minimize the impact to the cash guests that make it so popular?
There's no room to add any more rooms, and there is zero chance they'll get rid of any cash rooms or the convention center as it is VERY popular as a conference destination and for its abundance of concierge level rooms. Unlike Grand Floridian, Yacht Club is almost always sold out (which they can do easily with conference group room blocks).

I never knew YC was that popular with groups and conventions. I always thought Swan Dolphin took care of those needs in that area and the Balue resorts took care of the rest.

Follow the Poly strategy. Take out a wing and replicate a classic hotel e.g., Biltmore (Miami) with a color pallet to blend (not as familiar with New England historic tower hotels). I doubt the bean counters would allow Imagineering to spend that kind of capital even though DVC owners end pay for construction and maintenance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter