the POLYNESIAN under my Christmas tree!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. You must be a really sweet person to take in an abused animal and give it a loving and caring home.

Disney has always been my happy thought in times of need like while my father-in-law was dying from cancer. It helped get me through. Some people just don't understand but when I'm in Disney (or thinking about it) the real world goes away for a time and I can be a kid again. It's the magic of it all. And much healthier than some of the alternatives ... of course except to the pocketbook! ;)

Thanks again Steve for all the Poly effort and info. It's our favorite place!!

hi Steve,
sorry to hear about your Cat! that is terrible news. my cat died 9 years ago from diabetes while I was on a cruise!

I'm glad to hear that you were cheered up by the Poly GCH though! that's great that they are making all the additions for the monorail toy! :)

have a happy day!

Laura :)

Tikiman-- so sorry to hear about your cat. My dog, Buddy, died just this year on Mother's Day. He was around my whole life (13 yrs.) and was even a bit older (by about a year). It's kind of weird to think my parents had him before me. Now I'm trying to live life without a dog, but it's been a big change. He was kind of like my only brother, but my consolence is visiting his grave next-door, prayer, and everything here on the DIS. I'm happy to hear about the addition of Stitch in your family!

I have not gotten into the monorail track yet, but it's definitely something I may want to look into. Getting the CR, GCH, and GF would be my first move! I love your website and I am blown away by your knowledge of the Polynesian. I hope you feel better soon and I'm glad to hear that the board is helping you!

~mariamouse~ :smooth:

I'm very sorry to read about your cat.

I'm wondering if the monorail additions are now available at any locations besides once upon a store? At first, that was the only place they were available, but it would be nice if they were at world of disney also (for the discount) -

DR

Hi Steve!

I, too, only saw this thread today. I am so sorry about Oakley. About 6 years ago I adopted a Siamese cat named Tofu, who was only 1 year old at the time. Then I moved to Massachusetts 5 years ago and didn't take Tofu with us. But we finally got Tofu about 2.5 years ago. Six months later, we discovered that Tofu had kidney disease and would not live. :( We had to put Tofu to sleep, rather than see her in pain and misery. Needless to say, my poor DSs were very sad and upset. DH and I stayed in the room with Tofu when they injected her, that's something I thought I'd never do for "just a pet", in a million years, but I was so glad I did. I saw that she just sighed and immediately was out. We buried her in our backyard....

A year later, just last summer, we got a Siamese kitten and named him Mushu, after the character in the Disney movie Mulan :teeth:

I am so glad to see you just adopted Stitch!!! I hope you have many, many happy years with him! :)

P.S. A model of the Polynesian for the model monorail? How cool is that?!?!? I just might have to get a set for our family room! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter