The quest for the perfect sandal....

I got the pretty ruggeds at rei.com on sale for $49. They are not leather but are a purple print, very pretty. They are very comfy..more so than my circuit leather ones. They also have the neoprene lined staps and an odor guard in the sole.

Pretty Ruggeds do not have the adjustable heel strap, which is the one of the better features of most Teva's. The Leather Circuits look very similar to this sandal, but have the adjustable heel strap. Personally, I couldn't wear Teva's because my arches are way too high. Just not enough support for me. If you are getting Teva's I would try them on at a local store to get your proper size and then order them off the internet or Ebay (lots of new ones there.) I recently bought Birkenstocks and am trying to get them broken in.

I bought a pair of Nike Straprunner II, walked for 12+ hours at an amusement park the next day and never in my life have my feet felt sooooo great. I have high arches and alot of the shoes and sandles I find don't have the support. These were the best, I tried on the Teva's but they were not as comfy. I paid $20 for mine (buy 1 pair of shoes get the second 1/2 off, these were my half off.). Some have found the same shoes at the Finish Line for about $30.00. See the thread 'Just wanted to let you know - Nike Straprunner'. There is also other comments on them there.

My pretty rugged do have the adjustable heel strap...all padded with neoprene. I know everyone's tastes are different..its probably a good idea to tryone some different ones at the mall before buying.

I bought my Tevas, from this site, read about them on the DIS, of course. Try them on at a mall, to get your size, then check out the prices at Softmoc. They're having a sale, good prices on some styles, no sales tax, good exchange rate and free shipping

http://www.softmoc.com/default.asp

They have ecco's and other brands, too!

I am a big fan of ECCO sandals and shoes. I just purchased a pair for our upcoming trip to WDW, they are dreamy!! I actually use them on the treadmill:) They were pricey at $120 but way worth it. Linda

I agree with Tamie. The Nike Strap Runner ll is awesome. I bought mine at a Famous Footwear for $25 they were originally $45. I wear them to work alot. I do hair and with standing all day, my feet never hurt, just my back. I also tried on the Tevas and was not impressed.

Hi!

I have exactally the same pair you are planning to purchase. I think I am going to take them back. They hurt my little toe on my right foot. I tried to readjust the straps several times but they still hurt the little toe. My left foot feels fine. I bought them at Nestors so I hope they take them back. Can't see paying that much for sandals that hurt your feet. Hope you have better luck with them. I have two pair of Easy Spirit from last year that are wonderful. Had wore them to WDW before and they were great! I will be taking them along in Sept.

Cyndi

I bought the Teva Curcuits (leather) before our trip in June and they were the most
comfortable shoes I have ever work. In fact I have them on now. I was told to give them time to break in but I bought them the day before we left and had no problem. I have extremely sensitive feet and was really worried.

I took sherrys teva's off her hands and I gave her my birkies(hate them things) but I love Teva's. they really are super comfortable! I usually go to google.com and ddo a search for sandal sights or discounted sandals or even clearance sandals and have found some sights for decent prices!

Went to the Charlotte NC area this past weekend for a visit. While there we went shoe shopping. We stopped at a place named Rebos (which sold western items and all kinds of shoes). They were having a sale on sandals including Tevas at 40% off. I ended up buying a pair for myself and one for DH. What a great find!

I recently bought the Teva Terradactyls from rei.com (got that from the DIS). They're great! I've worn them for hours, wet and dry, and have never had a problem. They, too, have the adjustable heel strap.

Originally posted by greyhoundmama
There's nothin' like your broken-in Birkenstocks!

I can beat that!
Theres nothin' like my grandmothers broken-in Birkenstocks!
She passed away in April and when I go someplace that she would love, I make sure I wear them! She looked cuter in them than I do though. Really, they are comfy......:)

Another Birkenstock vote!! I wear them everywhere! LLBEAN sells fake birks at 1/3 the price (with a lifetime guarentee) - IMHO they are just as great!

For those of you who love your Birks, have you tried the new soft footbed models??? Wow! They have all the great benefits of regular Birks, but the cork has a cushion layer on top of it, feels like a cloud. You don't even have the break in period you usually have. After searching for months for the perfect sandal (my regular Birks hurt my heels if I stand for a long time) I found a pair of these. They are sooooooooo comfortable.

Erika

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter