The race "after parties" and minimum age to attend?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
So I'm registered to run W&D in a little over a week. A friend of mine is supposed to come with me--she doesn't run but I already bought her a ticket for the after party and then we'll spend the rest of the weekend at parks/downtown Disney/etc.

She's going through a lot of stuff personally and lately she's been dropping some hints that she might end up bailing. :( She hasn't come out and said it yet, but I'm pretty much just waiting for it. She has something major coming up on Friday evening, and I think that will be the "pivotal moment" where I will know for sure.

So, I don't really look forward to spending a weekend in Disney by myself. I've done it before, and it was fine--but this time I really want someone with me. So I was wondering, if she does bail on me last minute, who could come with me last minute --and I'd like to take my 14 year old son. He is considering running W&D next year, so it would be a good opportunity for him to get to see what the after party/general atmosphere is like ahead of time.

The thing is, would Disney/Run Disney let him take the bus by himself (from a host resort) to the after party, enter the park by himself, and wait for me (likely he'd ride some rides?) I know the minimum age to enter Disney parks without an adult is 14--but I wasn't sure if it would be different for these after parties.

Any thoughts? Thanks! :)

So I'm registered to run W&D in a little over a week. A friend of mine is supposed to come with me--she doesn't run but I already bought her a ticket for the after party and then we'll spend the rest of the weekend at parks/downtown Disney/etc. She's going through a lot of stuff personally and lately she's been dropping some hints that she might end up bailing. :( She hasn't come out and said it yet, but I'm pretty much just waiting for it. She has something major coming up on Friday evening, and I think that will be the "pivotal moment" where I will know for sure. So, I don't really look forward to spending a weekend in Disney by myself. I've done it before, and it was fine--but this time I really want someone with me. So I was wondering, if she does bail on me last minute, who could come with me last minute --and I'd like to take my 14 year old son. He is considering running W&D next year, so it would be a good opportunity for him to get to see what the after party/general atmosphere is like ahead of time. The thing is, would Disney/Run Disney let him take the bus by himself (from a host resort) to the after party, enter the park by himself, and wait for me (likely he'd ride some rides?) I know the minimum age to enter Disney parks without an adult is 14--but I wasn't sure if it would be different for these after parties. Any thoughts? Thanks! :)

He should be able to do it. I know I have seen terns at the after parties waiting for mom and dad before.

I know the minimum age to enter Disney parks without an adult is 14--but I wasn't sure if it would be different for these after parties.

Any thoughts? Thanks! :)

From the W&D events FAQ, the minimum age to run the race is also 14 years, so with the after party being included with registration it should follow that there would be no issue with a 14 year-old attending the after party with you. :thumbsup2

Thanks!

As it turns out, her thing on Friday turned out great, so my friend *IS* coming!:cool1:

But it's still good to know that if for a future event I take my son and he doesn't run, he should be able to get in the party ok :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter