The rain, rain, rain comes down, down, down

Disney_Mousketeers

Mouseketeer
What are your favorite things to do at WDW in the rain? My family of five is getting very restless in our room (thankfully it is a 1 bedroom at the Boardwalk)

We tried putting our singing in the rain faces yesterday and headed to the Magic Kingdom thinking only fools would be there, apparently there are a lot of fools in the world because the waits were the longest we experienced this trip.

Thanks Tab!

I totally second the AMC Dine-In. We have one here at home and it's amazing. I also tend to go to the parks if it is raining, but if that won't work for you, I'd explore some of the activities in the resorts. AKL, for example, has activities lined up all day long. There's a list of them by the bathrooms near Boma. I'd check your resort paperwork to see if they offer something similar.

I'm one of those wacky "come in out of the rain" people. I leave the parks and go back to the hotel or go do something else...Titanic, a dinner show, one of those silly places like Wonder Works, etc.

I've also driven around the greater Orlando area a lot...but you kinda have to have the dream of moving there to enjoy this at all, I think.

Might try a restaurant we don't have at home...like Smokey Bones (don't bother.)

I've gone to malls. But I am in my element in malls and feel at home as soon as I enter one, even if I've never been there before. Shopito, ergo sum. :)

As a last resort, I'd go to the movies. I hate doing stuff in Orlando that I could do at home. But, what the heck.

There's DisneyQuest-although that might be a bit busy on a rainy day.

I second the Dine In theatre, it's wonderful.

This weekend we have not seen the typical Florida rain.

We usually have 20 minutes of Biblical rain and then it's over.

It has been raining (heavy, downpour kinda rain) since Friday night.

We are seeing 10 minute breaks in the weather every couple of hours, but otherwise, it's heavy and non-stop.

The local weather tells us it will probably rain until Tuesday or Wednesday.

We were in the Studios most of yesterday (Saturday), never knew that the Studios was a water park.....

We braved the Magic Kingdom today in torrential downpours. It stopped for a while and looks like it will start again soon.

Animal Kingdom was practically empty yesterday. We walked right on to Kilimanjaro and Everest. We were drowned rats though, even in panchos!

Since you are at a DVC resort, go rent a movie. I'd get some movie time snacks (popcorn and m&ms for our family) and enjoy the downtime best you can. You could make a pajama party out of it. :thumbsup2

You could also go to the Poly for a while. They have a beautiful lobby and the stores are different. It could kill some time. Same thing with GF.

We like to do some shopping, or go inside somewhere to eat or enjoy ice cream...otherwise we put on our ponchos and go with it.

We were at DTD for an hour of DisneyQuest and shopping with lunch at the Earl on Saturday, then we resort hopped to GF and finally to the Poly for an 'Ohana dinner with friends. We ended up at MK to finish the trip off as we were leaving the next morning.

We were given extra fastpasses for Buzz (I rode twice, DS and DH rode four times in a row), visited the Haunted Mansion, rode POTC five times in a row (this trip we rode it seven times due to DS's tradition of riding it one more time than the trip prior!).

Our ponchos worked well and I will never forget watching Wishes in the pouring rain and sharing glow sticks with the kids around me!

After about 4 hours sleep we left POFQ at 4:40 a.m. on Sunday on DME.

We saw a lot of people at the movies, so that's a great idea...also going to DHS and doing the drawing classes a few times would be fun. There is a lot to do in the Animation building.

Since you all in Florida rub it in during the winter time about how nice it is down there it's been beautiful, sunny and in the 70's for the past week here in Western Michigan.

Animal Kingdom was practically empty yesterday. We walked right on to Kilimanjaro and Everest. We were drowned rats though, even in panchos!

We went to AK too and had one of the best safari ride experiences ever. Crowds were incredibly light and we were able to walk onto all of the attractions. Guess it makes me one of the fools, but if it keeps the crowds down I'm willing to go with it. No lightning, all attractions open....so poncho up and carry on!

We joined the poncho crowd and hit the parks during the day.

We did EPCOT on Sat. and took in some of the attractions we don't always have time for.

On Sunday we went to AK b/c it was the only day we would be able to go and had a great time. As we got off the bus and walked through the downpour and huge puddles, I was a little skeptical, but we ended walking on Everest multiple times and as a previous post said, we had one of the best safaris ever. Many of the animals were out and visible. Since it was walk on, our CM went really slow and stopped at many of the areas :thumbsup2

Thankfully, we were staying at the BWV, so we ate dinner in our room and rented some movies (one of which was a documentary about Walt Disney). popcorn::

Years from now, I'm sure we'll look back and remember this trip fondly as it was the first time in over 17 trips that it rained for more than an hour. One would think rain like we had would ruin a vacation, but we laughed so much and really had a good time splashing through the parks in our very fashionable ponchos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter