The Rainbow Lounge - LGBT Chit Chat

What do we think about a Rainbow Lounge?

• Loving it, I'll be here every day. This IS now officially my new homepage on all devices!

• I'm in between. Fun idea but I don't really have much to say at the moment *puts it on watched*

• What's this? I chit chat where ever I want.

Results are only viewable after voting.
My father died on Halloween and now I avoid anything to do with it.

Oh no, I'm sorry.

Well, if that's how you feel, you might want to avoid that month because Halloween decorations are all over MK.

I will say though, it's a really fun event (the best Disney does IMO) to make new happy memories to make you look past the sad ones, but you do you. :-)

me currently :sick:

house spouse woke up with some kind of sickness last weekend (he never, ever gets sick, seriously never known him to have a cold in four years), has been calling it strep but prob not. I wouldn't touch him with a thirty nine and a half foot pole!

today, he woke up and felt fully back to normal. on our evening walk I remarked how great it was that I managed to avoid getting sick. then we started watching a movie around 8:30. I literally felt myself getting sicker by the minute!!! Do you know that feeling? Throat feels a bit dry, but tea doesn't help. then it creeps up your nasal passage, heat starts flooding the face bit by bit until your forehead is warm and heavy. I joked that it was because he kissed me today, but if I had to point to a specific moment, I think it was him breathing on me 3-4 days ago. I woke up in the middle of the night because he was facing me, just expelling germ cells all over my face.

the good news is I will be sipping soup, it's shockingly cold and rainy this week, and it'll be like a mini winter before summer really takes root. the bad news is everything else :bitelip:

this is relevant to a DIS forum because.... have you ever been sick at Disney? :) I have had food poisoning many times there as a child, but not a viral infection. our next trip is in November and now I'm a little paranoid about catching a cold while traveling (and determined not to!). I'm buying a surgical mask for flying. no chances, Disney costs too much :laughing:

So sorry you are feeling icky :(

I've been so full I wanted to die after some meals but never actually sick at Disney.

Ouch, that's no fun... I can relate to the surreal feeling of having a cold coming on literally by the minute! :scared1: :crazy2:

Although I have never been hit with the flu at Disney. :teeth:

But would this count...? At Disneyland Paris one year I got really bad blisters from using bad shoes (of course) and couldn't walk at all. So I ended up renting a wheelchair for the day, and I was just going to roll around slowly, taking in the sights of the park and not utilize the accessible option for any of the rides and such, since I am not disabled permanently. But almost the first thing that happened was that a Cast Member saw me rolling along Main Street USA and had Mickey and Pluto come over to me, despite a long line to meet and greet. And they hung out with me for quite a while. I got some awesome pics but almost feel a bit ashamed of showing everyone, since it could be seen as I was taking advantage of the situation, but I really wasn't! :blush: :hyper: :earsboy:

Ugh, I hate that feeling of something coming on, trying to do something about it but it only gets worse. Feel better!

I don't think I've ever been full-on sick in Disney. Generally I've gotten sick following a trip because somehow it would hold itself until I left. I go pretty hard as a tourist in Disney so it's no surprise. The worst instance of not being totally ok on a Disney vacation was my high school graduation trip. My second-to-last day, I went to Universal and when I left through the parking garage to catch the bus, I landed on my foot wrong coming down the stairs and I was in a ton of pain the last day and a half then for a week or two when I was home. It still acts up on me even years later so I definitely did something bad and I already had bad knees (I used to run competitively for years and sustained many injuries), but that was not fun. Other than that, I've had sniffles and head cold type symptoms but nothing bad. On my College Program tho, I got fairly ill on many occasions.

So sorry you are feeling icky :(

I've been so full I wanted to die after some meals but never actually sick at Disney.

if the option is sickness or uncomfortable food baby, I'll take the latter! :) at least it means there was some delicious food pre-fullness :hyper:

Ouch, that's no fun... I can relate to the surreal feeling of having a cold coming on literally by the minute! :scared1: :crazy2:

Although I have never been hit with the flu at Disney. :teeth:

But would this count...? At Disneyland Paris one year I got really bad blisters from using bad shoes (of course) and couldn't walk at all. So I ended up renting a wheelchair for the day, and I was just going to roll around slowly, taking in the sights of the park and not utilize the accessible option for any of the rides and such, since I am not disabled permanently. But almost the first thing that happened was that a Cast Member saw me rolling along Main Street USA and had Mickey and Pluto come over to me, despite a long line to meet and greet. And they hung out with me for quite a while. I got some awesome pics but almost feel a bit ashamed of showing everyone, since it could be seen as I was taking advantage of the situation, but I really wasn't! :blush: :hyper: :earsboy:

Oh nooo, I would feel a bit guilty in that situation too, though severe blisters are a legitimate reason. But the CMs didn't know better, and you weren't using it to take advantage of rides! I would fumble a little in explaining the pictures to others :laughing: "how do I explain this without seeming like I'm trying to cover up..."

Ugh, I hate that feeling of something coming on, trying to do something about it but it only gets worse. Feel better!

I don't think I've ever been full-on sick in Disney. Generally I've gotten sick following a trip because somehow it would hold itself until I left. I go pretty hard as a tourist in Disney so it's no surprise. The worst instance of not being totally ok on a Disney vacation was my high school graduation trip. My second-to-last day, I went to Universal and when I left through the parking garage to catch the bus, I landed on my foot wrong coming down the stairs and I was in a ton of pain the last day and a half then for a week or two when I was home. It still acts up on me even years later so I definitely did something bad and I already had bad knees (I used to run competitively for years and sustained many injuries), but that was not fun. Other than that, I've had sniffles and head cold type symptoms but nothing bad. On my College Program tho, I got fairly ill on many occasions.

I'm sorry your foot still acts up now! :( At least it happened toward the end of your trip, but that's still very unfortunate. Working at Disney sounds like an ideal environment for cold and flu viruses to thrive :eek: same with schools, airports, malls... :faint:

have you ever been sick at Disney?

Sort of. Towards the end of my birthday trip last October, one of my friends and I went into the perfume/cologne shop in the Italy Pavillion at EPCOT. The next morning I started having sinus problems that basically ended up causing me to feel what strep throat feels like. This really affected my Universal part of the trip more than the Disney portion.

If you are interested, there was a whole thread on "How to avoid catching a cold" thread on the Disney World Trips forum.

For my trip for the DIS 20th, I made sure I got plenty of sleep before my trip. Then while at Walt Disney World, I made sure I drank plenty of water and tried to get enough rest. I lucked out and didn't get sick this trip. Outside of rest, I think just washing hands and using hand sanitizer are very simple tasks that can reduce the possibility of getting sick.

Sort of. Towards the end of my birthday trip last October, one of my friends and I went into the perfume/cologne shop in the Italy Pavillion at EPCOT. The next morning I started having sinus problems that basically ended up causing me to feel what strep throat feels like. This really affected my Universal part of the trip more than the Disney portion.

If you are interested, there was a whole thread on "How to avoid catching a cold" thread on the Disney World Trips forum.

For my trip for the DIS 20th, I made sure I got plenty of sleep before my trip. Then while at Walt Disney World, I made sure I drank plenty of water and tried to get enough rest. I lucked out and didn't get sick this trip. Outside of rest, I think just washing hands and using hand sanitizer are very simple tasks that can reduce the possibility of getting sick.
I read that thread on and off, but it had a lot of tips that amounted to: take x supplements (not really proven to help) and, like you say, be in good health in the first place, wash your hands, use hand sanitizer.

The thing is I do all of those things... but I need other people and their children to do it too! :thumbsup2

have you ever been sick at Disney?

I've never had any major illnesses that I can recall (at most getting the sniffles/stuffed sinuses)... I'm more likely to get ill right after a trip, having been relaxed and surrounded by masses of people. I have, however, visited the hospital on a WDW trip for nearly breaking my nose at the then Dixie Landings resort. My parents were thrilled :rolleyes:

I've never had any major illnesses that I can recall (at most getting the sniffles/stuffed sinuses)... I'm more likely to get ill right after a trip, having been relaxed and surrounded by masses of people. I have, however, visited the hospital on a WDW trip for nearly breaking my nose at the then Dixie Landings resort. My parents were thrilled :rolleyes:
Bahahaha! Is there a story behind nearly breaking your nose?

Bahahaha! Is there a story behind nearly breaking your nose?

It's not a particularly interesting story :p It involves 4-5-ish year old me and my younger brother jumping on the beds.

Which had wooden bed posts.

I have never been super coordinated.

I'm sure you can put two and two together from there :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter