• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Random Thread: Inspired by the last Random Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Person: So, you said you wouldn't play in jeans, but you do play in shiny pants. Are they really that much more comfortable?
Hunter: They aren't shiny.
Person: Like, wouldn't shiny pants stick to you?
Hunter: I don't wear shiny pants
Person: They've got to be really heavy and tight, right?
Hunter: Look, then I suggest you don't wear shiny pants on stage. Okay?
Person: No one wants to see me in shiny pants.
Hunter: ...

Interviewer: Did you have any imaginary friends as a kid?
Hunter: David…Wait I think he was real…

Smith: How are you doing?
Davey: I’m good.
Smith: What’s Hunter looking at?
Hunter: I’m reading a magazine. I just learned how to read so this is really exciting for me.
Davey (I think): How’s it going, the magazine? Can you show me one of the words you learned?
Hunter: Um... Denis.
Smith does interesting roll out of room.
Davey shrugs: Go find him.

Jade: We are AFI. We are still AFI and this is still our titled rock show. And we’re here Van’s Warped Tour on our bus. Our lovely tour bus. Um... you might wanna... theres a parasol over there so that’s how you kinda know that it’s our tour bus.
Hunter takes parasol and gives it to Davey: Yeah you might need that right now.
Jade: And probably some vegan soup in our lovely soup maker.

Jade: Alright... Here we are AFI... Damn mother ****ing ****.
Hunter: Beep beep beep beep beep.

Don't you know that I burst into flames if I step into a church?!-Davey

Interviewer: Is it true that pink is the new black?
Jade Puget: Yes, and yellow is the new pink and slow is the new fast and mustard is the new toothpaste

Hunter during the filming of love like winter: It’s warm, warm coffie.

Interviewer: I heard it can get pretty extreme onstage. Does it get extreme backstage?
Davey: Oh yeah. We drink tea and read books!

Smith: We’re gonna ****in’ footrace to the end of the block.

Smith- I'm so tired of these mother bleepin snakes in the mother bleepin tree! Period!

Jade: I hit my head real hard right off the bat. Which was rough.
Adam: Honey, I was trying to get your attention but every time you got on the riser... I was watching each... I was watching... I saw Davey sitting there going (scared face) “Holy ****”.
Jade: you should have been like this: (Waves arms in a stop motion) “No”
Adam: I was like this: (Waves arms as if he is holding drum sticks.)

Jade: I’m warming myself in front of Mr. Heater.

Davey: It was a little treacherous out there in God called in sick today. I’d like to thank Smith Puget very much. We did a perfect exit before I totally disappeared. [into the crowd]

Davey: I like this. This is a first. You’ve seen us as South Park, you’ve seen us as the Simpsons, you’ve seen us as anime, now see us as Tiki-men. Here we are. (Holds up a picture of them as Tiki people)

Mark director of Miss Murder: Turn around, this time turn your chair too just turn your chair around. All right. Good. One more time. Turning around.
Davey (sounding really freaked): This is... awkward.

Mark: We are filming Davey picking up a black rabbit. It’s perfectly logical.

Mark: If you know your history, rabbits usually spell doom.
Goes to clip of Davey holding the rabbit and it is trying its best to get away, it crawls over his shoulder.

Smith: Hunter’s teaching me how to play Clobbering Time by Sick of it All on bass, one of the best songs ever. It goes something like this: (plays bass)
Hunter: I’m allowing him to interpret it his own way. So that he’ll develop his own style. You know.
Smith: He’s a true teacher.
Jade: So you’re saying that Smith has no style?
Hunter: No, I’m saying I’m letting him develop his own style which he has.
Smith: He’s saying I’m nothing but style.
Hunter: It’s better than to just steal someone else’s style.
Smith: Ok, I wrote this right here myself it goes: (plays bass) Ya like that?
Hunter: It sounded pretty good, here let me show you.
Smith: show me? you can’t show me. You’re not my teacher I’ve already surpassed you. Two minutes on bass and I surpassed you. How does that feel?
Hunter plays the same thing Smith made up.
Smith: That’s my version! That’s my song!
Hunter: I know it sounds good, I like it.
Smith: He just stole a song from me!!!!

Smith: It’s... It’s so cold in here man. I’m lookin’ for Dave, I can’t find him, I’m getting worried.
Meanwhile Jade is throwing fake snow in his face.

Davey: I’m cursed with big hair it’s true.

Jason: You didn’t mention it in the interview and now 15 years later I was wondering if you’d talk about it? (Davey having to shave his Mohawk)
Davey: Yes I will be completely candid with you. Here’s a true story. Much like now, then, when people would ask me stupid questions about my hair, I would make stuff up. And so after being so tired of people asking me why I cut my hair, I finally at one point said: It was a court order. And I think I made up some story to go with it at the time.

Jade: We knew it was going to be an amazing night.
Davey: It was an interesting night.
Jade: Yeah, the roof collapsed on us while we were playing.
Davey: Yep, and the stage was like 8 feet tall...
Jade: But only two of us could stand on the stage and two of us had to stand on the floor because it was only like a 4 foot by 4 foot stage.
Davey: And remember there was the stripper store next door that sold like the long (couldn’t hear what he said) and remember there were the strippers with the fangs?
Jade: Uh uh
Davey: Yeah, there were these two strippers that came to the show and they had... It was back when having actual fangs....
Interviewer: Does that make you proud to be from Long Island, Jason?
Jason: .... uh no not really.

Dr. Drew: What’s up Jaden?
Jaden: Hi, first I wanted to say........
Dr. Drew: Turn off your radio.
Jaden: What?
Dr. Drew: Turn off your radio.
Jaden: Oh, sorry. So, first I wanted to say, Jade I absolutely love you. I actually got my name changed to Jaden because of you.
Jade: Woah! Why not just Jade then?
Jaden: Well, cuz... cuz I didn’t want it to be exactly like it so um I...
Jade: Jade the 2nd.
Jaden: ...have people call me Jade.
Dr. Drew: What do your parents call you?
Jaden: They call me Jaden I don’t let them call me my other name.
Jade: Oh, did you legally change it?
Jaden: Yeah, I just switched it so I made it my first name and then my original first name is now my middle name.
Dr. Drew: What was your original first name?
Jaden: It was Leandra.
Dr. Drew: Leandra.
Jade: See I’m named after Mick Jagger’s Daughter so your now basicly named after Mick Jagger’s daughter too.
Jaden: Haha awesome.

Dr. Drew: We are engaged deeply in a Match Game.
Davey: Oh yes.
Dr. Drew: Katie, My mother is thinking about blanking my blank for me. There are some very very cool, interesting creative solutions to this match game have been spinning around this room. So, um, Davey you go first, I’ll go second, I like Jade’s...
Davey: Yeah, I like Jade’s too. I didn’t think about it too much but I’m gonna say my mother is thinking of breaking up with my boyfriend for me.
Jade: That’s practical.
Davey: You know. It’d be odd.
Dr. Drew: So, ending my relationship for me.
Davey: Yeah
Dr. Drew: It’s one word, anyway ok, I will say piercing my lip for me. And Jade...
Jade: I was thinking having my child as like a surrogate mother.
Dr. Drew: I love that one.
Davey: I like that one.
Dr. Drew: Now here’s what’s a little bit unsettling for me: Tyler back there is stone faced, and that’s never a good sign.
Davey: You mean we lost?
Dr. Drew: It either means we won or we lost bad.
Davey: Ok
Dr. Drew: Katie what’s up?
Katie: Uh... not much.
Dr. Drew: my mother is thinking about blanking my blank for me. Fill out the match game.
Katie: Should I tell ‘em?
Davey and Jade: Yeah we’re ready.
Katie: Ok yeah having my baby.
Cheers
Jade: What is my prize?

Mandy: I am so nervous right now.
Davey: No need to be nervous, we are far away.

Davey: Knowing is half the battle. That’s what they said on that cartoon I never watched.

Davey: Are you named after the flaming spear of gas? (Talking to someone named Solё)

Davey: I got no shoes and I can't even imagine why somebody was trying to take my sock. - in Memphis

"So...much...love....I just want to kiss every one of you."-Jade

"Don't eat your friends."-Jade

"There are many things I want to be when I grow up: An actor, a polyglot, a trapeze artist, a sixteen year old female runway model, an author, an architect, a designer, a kitty cat, a chef...." -Davey

"I feel I'll be busy working on Crash Love...which I do hope it blows your mind in a positive mind blowy way." -Davey

"Attention all headband wearers: STOP NOW. Lame in the 60s and so much worse today. Do you even know what look you're going for?" -jade?

"My brother is tall. Even with my four inch heels on he is still inches taller than I am."

"The lady at the coffee shop referred to my cousin and I as "you ladies" which fulfilled my weekly gender confusion. My cousin guessed that she may have thought we were sisters. We do look alike but she's an actual pretty girl. If we were sisters I defnitely would have gotten the short end of the stick."

Radio guy- "Today is one of the most exciting days I've had at kroq in a long time, not because I got something free out of the vending machine"
Davey- "what'd you get?"
Radio guy- "uhh I got famous amos cookies for free"
Davey- "FOR FREE!!!"

Davey talking about his driver, after the driver made him late for an interview...

"Okay, this was the bad sign. Okay I got picked up at the Burbank airport....the "driver" who you hire to get you places, weather or not you know where you're going in the city says 'Oh wow Burbank! So I get a chance to see Burbank!' and I'm like 'you gotta be kidding me.' We get to the end uhmmm of uhmmm Hollywood Way, and we're passing the Oakwoods, right? And he consults, and we're going on the stand... We're going somewhere... We're going to the uhmmm the Ritz, *laughs* We're going to the Ritz in Detroit... Yeah we're going to the Right house, we're going to the Right house.. and he's like about to get on the freeway. And you know, when you can take Highland over the pass? I mean not Highland, but you take Barem and it turns into Highland... and he's like 'okay this is what I was looking for!' I'm like 'what are you looking for?' he's like 'the freeway.' I'm like, 'You're gonna get on the freeway? DON'T GET ON THE FREEWAY! I'm not even from here!' ....... " -Davey

Interviewer:"On the cover of DU there are 3 rabbits. Do you like rabbits because they run so fast or because they have sex all the time?"

Davey:"It's because they're furry. For me" *looks at Hunter*

Hunter:"I like them because they run so fast. I mean they run SO fast."

Davey:"Yes they do run so fast. OK I would like to change my answer to because they run so fast."

Same interview...

Interviewer:"If not for rock musician what would have been your job?"

Davey: *points to Hunter* "He would be a TV repairman."

Hunter:" TV/VCR repairman."

Davey:"Yea TV/VCR. And I would sell the TV's and VCR's that he fixes."

Hunter:"We've got it all figured out."

"You just want it because I touched it? That’s ****ed up." - Davey about a shoe a fan claimed when it didn't belong to them.

ughhh. I gotta start on my homework. Hopefully, I can get back on here tomorrow.

I'd like to make myself b.e.l.i.e.v.e;
that planet Earth turns slowly..
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake
when I'm asleep, cuz everything is
n.e.v.e.r .a.s. i.t. s.e.e.m.s.

Someone made that signature over at HeR interactive forums.. I think it's awesome! xD

¸•*¯*......¸•´¯) Attend
.`•.,¸¸,.•´..¸•´....the tale of
..........¸•´. ..........Sweeney Todd...
.........(.......)
..........`*••*´

I'd like to make myself b.e.l.i.e.v.e;
that planet Earth turns slowly..
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake
when I'm asleep, cuz everything is
n.e.v.e.r .a.s. i.t. s.e.e.m.s.

Someone made that signature over at HeR interactive forums.. I think it's awesome! xD

Lol. I liked that song a lot until the stupid radio stations began to overplay it...

A City Serene was undoubtedly one of the fastest growing Post-Hardcore/Screamo bands coming out of California until a major tour accident put their careers on hold last month. The band had just released their debut EP, The Art of Deceiving Perception, as well as wrapped up regional summer dates with bands such as: A Skylit Drive, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Emarosa, Eyes Set To Kill, I See Stars, Escape The Fate, In:Aviate, Our Last Night, and many more, and had just embarked on their first US Tour when their van was struck head on by an out of control pick up truck, leaving all 6 members in critical condition after being air-lifted to area hospitals. While being a true miracle that all members of the band are still alive, only time will tell that the future has in store for A City Serene as they work their way towards recovery.

Tell your friends about A City Serene, blast their songs as loud as you can! Lets get the word out! Look out for a re-issue of "The Art of Deceiving Perception" and new songs by the end of the year.

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:
On Sunday, September 13, San Diego based band A City Serene was involved in a major traffic accident resulting in all six members being air-lifted to area hospitals with life-threatening injuries. The band, who had just released their Debut EP, The Art of Deceiving Perception, was on tour traveling north on Interstate 5 near Bakersfield when a truck traveling the opposite direction lost control, crossed the median, and hit their bus head on. The incident shut down the freeway in both directions while crews cleared the accident and allowed life support to land. All band members were sent to different hospitals, the closest being nearly three hours from San Diego.

To assist with the financial burden this tragic event will pose to the band’s families, A City Serene fund has been set up through PayPal, allowing friends and fans to donate anything they can to the cause. Updates on the band’s condition can be found here http://www.myspace.com/acityserene and coverage of the accident can be seen here http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/59186907.html?video=YHI&t=a.

A City Serene ranging in age from 19-22, include singers Xander Bourgeois and Carly Baker, guitarists Kris Renfro and Michael Sherman, bassist Marc Koch, and drummer Mike Buxbaum. The band was looking forward to playing their already scheduled homecoming show in San Diego, CA at SOMA on October 3, which will continue on in their absence with all proceeds raised going directly to the families of the band members. More information can be found www.SOMAsd.com.

Band representatives, friends, and families are asking for the support of fans at this time to help spread the word about the tragedy, donate to the fund, and stay up to date on new developments.

http://www.myspace.com/acityserene

Not that random I guess, since I've been worrying about nothing a lot. So it's still random...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter