• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The real Melbourne DISmeet Fri 7th October 2016

Hi Melbourne Dis people - just letting you know that at our last Melbourne DISmeet we planned a virtual DISmeet this month as so many people will be away on holidays lucky things pixiedust:.

What's a virtual DISmeet you ask? Its when on the DISmeet date you take of picture of where you are or what your doing and then post on here to share - you don't need to post on the DISmeet date as those travelling may not be able to do that. If I remember correctly the date is

14th September

So for those of you who might not be able to make it in real life to an amazing Melbourne DISmeet here is your chance to join in the fun.
:wave2:
Happy snapping and posting people

Hi Melbourne Dis people - just letting you know that at our last Melbourne DISmeet we planned a virtual DISmeet this month as so many people will be away on holidays lucky things pixiedust:.

What's a virtual DISmeet you ask? Its when on the DISmeet date you take of picture of where you are or what your doing and then post on here to share - you don't need to post on the DISmeet date as those travelling may not be able to do that. If I remember correctly the date is

14th September

So for those of you who might not be able to make it in real life to an amazing Melbourne DISmeet here is your chance to join in the fun.
:wave2:
Happy snapping and posting people

Opps I meant to bump this up yesterday but hey its still the 14th in America...

Off to take a very ordinary photo of my very ordinary day.

The September 2014 DisMeet (Melbourne Chapter) - Virtually There

It's September! And time for the annual pilgrimage of ANZACs over to the other side of that Pacific Pond.

So....whilst some of the Melbourne Dis-sers are being scared.....

....in full technicolour....

I was virtually there. This scary monster gave me a fright. Check out the scary technicoloured eyes! I had no idea what it was when I spotted him in a very overgrown bush I was prunning. He's been undiscovered for at least 15 years now.

Some of the others are checking out the beautiful topiary and flower displays at the World.

I'm virtually there!.....in the weeds, so to speak.

I completely filled up my green bin....

....and then some!

Others are enjoying Blissful Bites during Food and Wine.

I'm virtually there!

Breakfast.....

Lunch.....

.....and Dinner!

Ah yes! There's really nothing like a Virtual Melbourne DisMeet in September.

Roll on October....I will be virtually there as well. :thumbsup2

princess::upsidedow

PIO you have such a knack for making things interesting. My September DisMeet photo is possibly one of the most exciting things for a Disney fan to see, and it probably still won't be as interesting as yours :rotfl2:

The 14th was my birthday, and the day we did the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour at Disneyland. They no longer visit the Club 33 lobby, and Walt's Apartment was not accessible due to construction. Instead, for a limited period of only 5 weeks, they include a tour of the Dream Suite! I will go into more detail in my upcoming TR, but we were allowed one photo to use as evidence :thumbsup2

Hi. Sorry I missed out on our last few meets (including the virtual ones!). Our family is now planning a possible TDL trip around the July holidays next year. We are five (2 parents and 15,11,7). What did you guys do for accomodation? We were thinking airbnb and getting an apartment for all of us? Any recommendations?

Chris

It would appear that the October meet fell through the cracks. I think we pencilled in a date, but that's as far as it got as far as I'm aware.

It's getting into that busy time of year again, but I think we need to have a pre-Christmas meet :thumbsup2

So....when's the next Melbourne meet?

It's getting into that busy time of year again, but I think we need to have a pre-Christmas meet :thumbsup2

Alright, already!

After a flurry of PM's & text messages, it looks like we've finally agreed on a date for the next Melbourne DISmeet...

Friday 28th November

5 of the usual 6 DISers will be attending (I'm sure they'll be along soon to confirm). If any newbies feel game enough to join us, feel free to PM PIO, Zanzibar138 or myself. We'd love to see some new faces. :grouphug:

To Firefly who won't be able to make this DISmeet and is a regular member of the Melbourne posse...have an awesome holiday. Can't wait to see and hear all about your travels when you get back. :wave2:

I'll be there with my RunDisney medals and t-shirts for show and tell :thumbsup2

Have a great trip FireflyFi. Will look forward to hearing all about it at the next meet :goodvibes

I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing all the show and tell. Perhaps I might be sporting some Pandora Disney charms......:rolleyes1

Hey all :) thanks for still thinking of me and sending well wishes even though I kinda fell off the radar. I'm currently sitting in a cafe in Beacon Hill. Only two weeks until Orlando.

Hope you have a great meet! And I'll catch you when I get back :)

Hey all :) thanks for still thinking of me and sending well wishes even though I kinda fell off the radar. I'm currently sitting in a cafe in Beacon Hill. Only two weeks until Orlando.

Hope you have a great meet! And I'll catch you when I get back :)

Have fun and safe travels! Catch you at the other end. :thumbsup2

Just a reminder that the Melbourne DISmeet will be happening next week..

Friday 28th November

Looks like the usual mouseketeers will there...

I'll be there with my RunDisney medals and t-shirts for show and tell :thumbsup2

I'll be there
Just my Tokyo Disney photobook for show & tell

I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing all the show and tell. Perhaps I might be sporting some Pandora Disney charms......:rolleyes1

and myself.

I've also heard from:
zaccy (a regular), and
robynrainer (a newbie, who will potentially be bringing a friend)

To any newbies...come along, we'd love to meet you :wave2: If you're feeling a little unsure, we meet in a very public place in the city. You can PM PIO, zanzibar138 or myself for the details. Also, a few pages back, there are photos of everyone except me. I've been very good at dodging the camera but somehow they managed a photo of my hand last time.

Pictures/evidence
Here's the picture of us all (including MinnieMum!)
imagejpg10_zpsfcc9ffef.jpg

Finally a picture of Minnie Mum:thumbsup2

My cover may be blown :lmao:

I'll be there. Looks like I'll be the boring one with nothing new to talk about since my WDW trip didn't happen in the end :(

Someone tell me next week is not the end of November though! Where has this year gone???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter