The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, please take this as only a rumor, and one I am not all that sure how to take.

One poster at WDWMagic.com has posted that an announcement will be made at D23 for a new ride added to DAK. Now, obviously there is the inane posting of this is Zootopia coming to DAK. No confirmation there.

I will add the ONLY reason I am posting this is Martin chimed in and said there IS something on the wall that could go, or it could be delayed with another larger project a few years down the road. So this does have some support.

I will also add, that the person who posted this, has stated this is somehow related to an announcement with Brazil coming to Epcot - and I am not sure if that means we get one or the other......

Have asked some follow up, and will let folks know what I see or hear

Okay, please take this as only a rumor, and one I am not all that sure how to take.

One poster at WDWMagic.com has posted that an announcement will be made at D23 for a new ride added to DAK. Now, obviously there is the inane posting of this is Zootopia coming to DAK. No confirmation there.

I will add the ONLY reason I am posting this is Martin chimed in and said there IS something on the wall that could go, or it could be delayed with another larger project a few years down the road. So this does have some support.

I will also add, that the person who posted this, has stated this is somehow related to an announcement with Brazil coming to Epcot - and I am not sure if that means we get one or the other......

I saw that. I think he meant that in the same way the announcement of the Brazil pavilion was pulled at the last second last time, the announcement of this ride could also be pulled at the last second. Other than that, I think it has nothing at all to do with the Brazil pavilion.

might just be me putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 (which, can only happen with large values of 2) but could it be connected to Primeval Whirl and the issues there and why they sort of keep extending the down time? Trying to wait to get to D23 and announce a replacement? They could do something that is better but not "huge" and be a new draw to that side of the park

might just be me putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 (which, can only happen with large values of 2) but could it be connected to Primeval Whirl and the issues there and why they sort of keep extending the down time? Trying to wait to get to D23 and announce a replacement? They could do something that is better but not "huge" and be a new draw to that side of the park
I don't think so... at least not totally.
I will say one asked if this was part of the dinosaur area redo that has been rumored for quite a while, and insiders suddenly got tight lipped.
but my gut says this is not dinosaur related per say.

I will say others feel like @Iowamomof4 that this could be like Brazil last D23 where it was stripped out late and not that it is related to Brazil. Although that has not been verified by the first poster.

I also don't know if this has any relation to the "secret item" shared by @rteetz earlier

I don't think so... at least not totally.
I will say one asked if this was part of the dinosaur area redo that has been rumored for quite a while, and insiders suddenly got tight lipped.
but my gut says this is not dinosaur related per say.

I will say others feel like @Iowamomof4 that this could be like Brazil last D23 where it was stripped out late and not that it is related to Brazil. Although that has not been verified by the first poster.

I also don't know if this has any relation to the "secret item" shared by @rteetz earlier
I don’t think the secret project is specifically parks related.

So . I saw a rumor from You Tube, referencing an article that said there is a "rumor" that SWGE will be closed and rebranded if its numbers don't pick up by February. It would be closed and rebranded as ... get this ... Aladdin! LOL.

I can't find reference to the article, but here is video -
- I would put this up there as "naysayer doom and gloom speculation - aka click bait" -- especially considering this video was coming from one of those "We hate Disney's Star Wars" sites that beat the drum of "SWGE is failing" due to "lower than anticpated" crowds at DL.

Just wondering if anything has been heard in the official sources. I know Disney has been disappointed at attendance this summer (at both parks), but I doubt it would lead them to consider ditching the land (or blaming it all on SWGE). Heh. Just thought I would share this funny rumor.

This is a trash rumor and a minute more discussing it would be a minute wasted

This is a trash rumor and a minute more discussing it would be a minute wasted
For sure .. .. I'll just delete my post. There is sure a lot of fan boys out there that just can't go 5 minutes without saying the sky is falling for Star Wars Disney .. I regret watching a few of these type of videos shortly after Last Jedi came out .. they show up in my You Tube feed all too frequently now.

I would love to see Brazil get announced one of my big worry’s though is the chanting I mean what will that be like and if the restaurant is a Brazilian steakhouse which I hope it is does anybody think they would be doing something with Ohana since that’s kind of the same concept but family style Polynesian can’t wait to hear

I would love to see Brazil get announced one of my big worry’s though is the chanting I mean what will that be like and if the restaurant is a Brazilian steakhouse which I hope it is does anybody think they would be doing something with Ohana since that’s kind of the same concept but family style Polynesian can’t wait to hear
I don’t think Ohana is anything like a Brazilian Steakhouse. Also considering the distance I doubt that would be a consideration.

Think it's too much work.... I love Ohana but the experience is greatly affected by the servers, and that requires a special type of server. Base on our last few trips to Ohana, they are hard to come by these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter