• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since they're not tearing down Innoventions East, that must mean they don't intend to fix the sewer under mousegear. I can't imagine that can be fixed without digging a giant hole, I mean spraying some flex-seal down the pipe isn't going to cut it. Too bad, this whole park update thing had a lot of promise.

I gotta say leaving the walkways to WS intact is a bit of a scale-down of the original vision too. The hint of maybe keeping the fountain is nice.

Well, they are building out the walkway on the one side, which should help. But making a new, fancier main walkwaty would be nice (but also potentially a nightmare during construction)

There are over 500.

I think POR’s theming is just fine; I think the Alligator Bayou rooms might be among the best themed in WDW.

Didn't know that, the pricing online made it seem like it was a limited upgrade versus standard and garden view rooms.

I just go done with 9 nights in the Alligator Bayou rooms with a 5th sleeper. The theming was limited to an image in the pull down bed and the curtain separating the bathroom area. Not bad, but I wouldn't mind seeing more.

I'm not complaining in any case.

But making a new, fancier main walkwaty would be nice (but also potentially a nightmare during construction)
I'll bet you're right, it's impractical to restrict that main throughway for any length of time. The art showed sweeping paths and fountains out there, may have been nice.

This latest rumor doesn't necessarily say whether that will be the case for this refurb.

I also am not sure Disney would do a movie overlay ahead of the movie debuting because of the risk of that movie not doing well and the fact this is a beloved attraction more so than say Maelstrom was.

Jungle Cruise is my second favorite ride at the MK. It definitely could use a facelift and some repairs. Skipper makes the ride though obviously. I had a good and mediocre one last time. I think he was new and his radio was not working right so it could have been that.

Jungle Cruise is my second favorite ride at the MK. It definitely could use a facelift and some repairs. Skipper makes the ride though obviously. I had a good and mediocre one last time. I think he was new and his radio was not working right so it could have been that.

Pretty sure some of the hippos have drowned....

Overlay of the movie or just some maintenance that has been needed for a while now.

They have Princess rooms there.

I LOVE the princess rooms! My 25yo daughter and I stayed in one a couple of years ago. Even though we are both adults, it felt so magical with all of the theming. I wish they would theme more rooms that way. Every resort should have some type of themed rooms....IMO

After an eventful Sunday in the rumor/speculation realm how about some actual substance.

MagicFeather on WDWMagic is reporting that Disney/Bob Chapek in their IP mandate is looking to add IP to more Disney resort hotels. The Art of Marvel in Paris is a prime example and now the recent news of Incredibles test rooms at the Contemporary. Disney is looking to do this in more areas. Coronado Springs was reportedly supposed to get a Coco theme but was stopped due to the Gran Destino and convention business there. Grand Floridian is moving with Princess touches. Reflections will reportedly have things like Pocahontas.

In all the DVC remodels they are removing the theming and making the rooms more generic and more standard hotel- like. Beach Club remodel is greige as is Saratoga. The RIV is greige.

I would love to see Brazil get announced one of my big worry’s though is the chanting I mean what will that be like and if the restaurant is a Brazilian steakhouse which I hope it is does anybody think they would be doing something with Ohana since that’s kind of the same concept but family style Polynesian can’t wait to hear
You know, not every brazilian goes around chanting for no reason, it´s not a national sport... we´re more like football/soccer type of people :tongue:
However, can´t really answer for our teen tour groups... but then again, I´d steer away from a group of teenagers from any nationality, I guess that´s a sign of me getting old lol.

And I agree with the person that said that a brazilian steakhouse can´t really compare to Ohana. It´s more like buffet style and obviously the flavors are quite different. But it would be fun to see a Disney concept of a brazilian steakhouse!

BUT KEEP THE FIBER OPTICS I NEED THEM
You know, now is might be the time to write them and ask for more fiber optics in the new pathways. Do a web search for contact addressess for wdw officials and there are snail and e mail addresses out there.

I wonder if we could use the forum to create some buzz about it? Maybe one of the mods could write a blog post? In a "write your congressman now" kind of tone....

You know, now is might be the time to write them and ask for more fiber optics in the new pathways. Do a web search for contact addressess for wdw officials and there are snail and e mail addresses out there.

I wonder if we could use the forum to create some buzz about it? Maybe one of the mods could write a blog post? In a "write your congressman now" kind of tone....
No I know seriously. I need the email for them so they know. It's so important. I am being so unironic about it. It's one of those small details that brings the park to life. Granted they need some love their shimmer has dulled in recent years but again one of those things I remember from childhood and loved.

A website (you know the one) is reporting that HEA is going away for 50th, which would be a huge bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter